• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Glacial Agna is in MH3U..

Also yeah, ive pressed x a few times but managed to save it.

I know that, he said Akantor mistakenly and DC_Alba was referring to that monster.

He's a pleasant fellow.

jT06YsqdCxeOS.jpg

Qurupeke

What.The.Fuck. I got not one, not two but THREE Brachydios GEMS on a single Brach Hunt. One from the tail, one from the body and one from the rewards. Impossible... O.O

ryz

I'm still wrapping my head around the Felyne Food Skills. What's the difference between daily and fixed food skills? Also it seems to be pretty common that only one or maybe two of the for example three listed skills will be activated? If so, can i influence which skills will be activated, or are they completely randomly chosen by the number god?

Kyzon

I'm still wrapping my head around the Felyne Food Skills. What's the difference between daily and fixed food skills? Also it seems to be pretty common that only one or maybe two of the for example three listed skills will be activated? If so, can i influence which skills will be activated, or are they completely randomly chosen by the number god?

Fixed food skills will always be there with the combination that specific type of food. Daily changes between ingame days (between hunts). Use vouchers to give you a better chance of getting all of the food skills, though success is still based on chance. If a food is fresh, it also increases your chances. When there are stars behind the food name, you'll get extra health too when you eat (also by chance).

Hope that helps

Doorman

Now I can't get on.

Btw after watching many streams it seems everyone's armour and weapon box is the default mess.

Am I the only one who organises it like this?
The last page of my box is used for weapons, sorted in rows by weapon type. Page 2 is used for finished armor sets and talismans that correspond to each set. Page 1 is for unfinished armors and other unsorted stuff. This way it's easy to just access the box, tap L for weapons and R for armors.

muu

Fixed food skills will always be there with the combination that specific type of food. Daily changes between ingame days (between hunts). Use vouchers to give you a better chance of getting all of the food skills, though success is still based on chance. If a food is fresh, it also increases your chances. When there are stars behind the food name, you'll get extra health too when you eat (also by chance).

Hope that helps

You always get health bonuses, +10* number of stars on the foods chosen up to 150. +25 stamina for each item that's fresh up to 150.

LLShC.gif
I went to 3 beginner rooms no one wants to hunt then the 3rd just shut the room

damn where can I go to play with 3 other people?

Figure out some things you can do solo (easier monsters, harvest tours), start a room, wait for people to show up. Most times it's not worth entering random rooms w/ hopes that they actually stay beyond 1 or 2 games.

Doorman

So, does anyone here at all use the Crimson Qurupeco armor? I kind of want to make the set because it looks damn cool, but the skills it grants seem kind of...meh, in general use. I really need to find a better hunting horn-centric set to balance alongside the Barroth gear for my gun/lances.

I was playing the Urgent Quest with the Rathian and Rathalos last night with randoms and one guy was desperately hoping for Rathalos plates. After two games I got 2 plates from the quest rewards and one from a tail carve. He got none the entire time we'd been playing, dude was not happy.

Raide

Crimson Quro down! Damn you Jho running after me, Damn Quro dragged it all around the map just as I was beating it down. After the quest finished Jho started munching on the corpse. That thing is a true freak. I have no idea of how to approach him.

I built the bnabra X set today along with an almost maxed gobul para LS.

I should not have gotten so excited so early, because that LS has a sliver of white and blur sharpness. I had my handicraft armor on and did not notice it until i put it all on and went to hung a gobul in moga woods. Bad way to start my LS collection.

EDIT:

Also, i built the leather pants! It looks like that high rank event quest is the key for most of the hell hunter stuff, except the black jacket stranegly. I have only unlocked the white version. Anyone know what is required for the black one?

chrono01

Monster Hunter has its claws/talons deep into me. I'm actually debating picking up the 3DS version [in addition to the Wii U version I already own] just so I can play my character when I'm away.

...Dear God. There's no hope for me...

Monster Hunter has its claws/talons deep into me. I'm actually debating picking up the 3DS version [in addition to the Wii U version I already own] just so I can play my character when I'm away.

Do it... I did. I realized there were several hours a week extra I could be hunting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wait, you can share characters between the 3DS and WiiU? So I can do a hunt on my 3DS and sync that up with my WiiU? If so I need to find $45 or so to buy this.

Wait, you can share characters between the 3DS and WiiU? So I can do a hunt on my 3DS and sync that up with my WiiU? If so I need to find $45 or so to buy this.

Yup. There is a companion app on the 3DS eshop that let's you transfer back and forth. I used it for the first time yesterday and it works pretty well.

Is it just me or is fluffy mask the best? Tracks monsters and gives you their state, AND your little buddy gives you extra carves ^_^

What skills does that give? Looks badass.

I dunno, but it has way more defense than my other options right now. For skills I just use my dragon res charm with dragon res decorations. Floating around 25 dragon defense with that.

Sorry to ask as this has probably been answered somewhere in the near 300 pages of thread, but what are people finding to be the best online resource for this game? The wikia was good for previous titles, but kind of blows in regards to ultimate.

Sorry to ask as this has probably been answered somewhere in the near 300 pages of thread, but what are people finding to be the best online resource for this game? The wikia was good for previous titles, but kind of blows in regards to ultimate.

The Brady digital guide for $14.99 (NA only, IIRC). PDF file where you can look up pretty much anything: drop rates, item locations, etc.

man feels sooogood.gif when you tear a monster a new one, just perfectly dodging all the attacks
The worst feeling is when you time your superpound or GS charge wrong and you get whapped right before it hits. -_- I have mixed feelings about when I risk a charge/pound on a charging monster thinking I might have this epic moment and just trade hits.

explodet

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52804989]Is it just me or is fluffy mask the best? Tracks monsters and gives you their state, AND your little buddy gives you extra carves ^_^[/QUOTE]
I had to stop using it because online my guy would start dung bombing monsters which meant we'd have to chase it down to another area. It got tiresome fast.

Why does such awesome armor have to have such terrible skills. :-(

What about the G rank version?

The worst feeling is when you time your superpound or GS charge wrong and you get whapped right before it hits. -_- I have mixed feelings about when I risk a charge/pound on a charging monster thinking I might have this epic moment and just trade hits.

Trap Master replaced with Combination Pro, Guard -1 replaced with 4 each of FreeElmnt and Destroyer.

8 slots.

Also costs 22 Bumblepumkins, which are apparently only available as 5 star commodity trades -_-

ryz

Hope that helps

You always get health bonuses, +10* number of stars on the foods chosen up to 150. +25 stamina for each item that's fresh up to 150.

Cool! Thanks for clearing it up, guys.

I also have both versions, and i really like playing on both systems! Do it! :)

Kyzon

Alright, I need one Sand Barioth claw. Time to get online :3

Any High Rank Gaffers wanna go get that with me? After that I'll be helping out low rank gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom