• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't kill the quropeco.

Either the sea village quest one, or the rank 3 one.

I feel like such a looser. -_-

I'm using a bow, and a lvl 5 chacha. Also, on one occasion, this huge ass dragon appeared at the same time than the quropeco, so I got overwhelmed :p

Any tips?

Raide

Can't kill the quropeco.

I'm using a bow, and a lvl 5 chacha. Also, on one occasion, this huge ass dragon appeared at the same time than the quropeco, so I got overwhelmed :p

Any tips?

Regular Peco? Lightning Bow and use Para Coating if possible. The blast rain is good but I like the AoE attacks for pummeling his entire body. Keep Arrow Raining on its beaky face. Use the low on as he charges you and throw a few arrows at him. As soon as he starts shouting or standing still for any reason, unleash the arrows! If you don't want to fight what he summons, then paintball him and leave the area until he moves to a safer spot.

Crimson? Swap to Fire bow.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can't kill the quropeco.

Any tips?

Throw a Dung Bomb at the Rathian to make it leave the area for starters. You can also throw a Sonic Bomb when it's making a call (healing, raising stats, summoning Rathian) to stop it. Flash Bombs when it's tired will knock it out of the sky, but make sure to throw it in the direction it's facing.

With the Bow, make sure you're using the 'rain of arrows' (or whatever it's called) plenty. It'll be your fastest way to deal damage. Peco is weak to Ice and Electric if you have those Coatings available, and any sort of Coating like Poison, or Exhaust will help slow it down and make it exhausted.

I'm assuming you're just not dealing enough damage. If you're taking too much damage and dying that's another story.

Kouriozan

Devil jho isn't that hard, we have done the G rank version after I got my set, sure it does a lot of damage but we still managed to capture him.
i don't think someone died.

Dang it, didn't knew it healed itself.

Is it that time when he screams and he gets like this "stat up" animation?

Also didn't knew that sonic bombs worked for that >.€

Edit: I'm gonna try again right now. Gotta have to kick him hen he's down.

I've even broken the beak for gods sakes

muu

Devil jho isn't that hard, we have done the G rank version after I got my set, sure it does a lot of damage but we still managed to capture him.

Deviljoh is all fun and games until someone mistimes their dodge and gets run over.

ajim

jho is a lot easier in this game than in tri. I'm able to run through him in 15 minutes and dont fear him at all. In tri id be scared to take him on and when I did, it took a long time or id die lol.

Prade

I've taken out my fair share of Jho's in Tri(like over 100 lol) and he's nowhere near as difficult as Alatreon. He hits hard sure, but he also telegraphs really hard too. Having good gear/items for the fight should have you beating him most every time.

Kyzon

Good hunts Mileena and Smiles. We destroyed everything in our paths.

Later on hopefully I can help you get to high rank, Smiles.

Man, this Sand Barioth bow is amazing. Paralysis, Exhaustion, and Sleep in the same bow? Count me all the way in! And it has Focus arc so I can use that in multi without tripping everyone? BEAUTIFUL!

Good hunts Mileena and Smiles. We destroyed everything in our paths.

Later on hopefully I can help you get to high rank, Smiles.

Man, this Sand Barioth bow is amazing. Paralysis, Exhaustion, and Sleep in the same bow? Count me all the way in! And it has Focus arc so I can use that in multi without tripping everyone? BEAUTIFUL!

you guys were a great help

I can hear you guys speak but not sure if you can hear me is there a button to turn my mic on guys?

HR2 now :)

DoubleTap

I'm doing my first Rathian Capture mission. My Wroggi outfit is missing the pants. The Jaggi pants go well with it because they look like jeans. I had to decorate it with Antidote.

I think I have the correct weapon for this job - LS, Thunderclap.

Are carpenter bugs common? It felt like a caught a lot in the beginning and now that I need them, I can't seem to catch any.

Pineconn

What the fuck is up with this 9★ village arena quest? Why the fuck is every attack draining half of my health meter? Is this G Rank?

Triple carted on the first monster after 15 minutes with full Rath Soul armor and the Dios Axe+. This has to be G Rank bullshit.

Ken

What the fuck is up with this 9★ village arena quest? Why the fuck is every attack draining half of my health meter? Is this G Rank?

Triple carted on the first monster after 15 minutes with full Rath Soul armor and the Dios Axe+. This has to be G Rank bullshit.

Mark of A Hero monsters have G-rank damage and the Lagi possibly has higher health than its high rank version.

DaBoss

Yes, Ivory Lagiacrus G-Rank damage with higher health while Brachydios, and Azure Rathalos are G-Rank damage, but lower health.

Trust me, it is beatable. :p

gMQ9FOU.jpg

My tip is to have an armor that has good Thunder resistance and eat the combination of Dairy + Veggies. It should give you an increase in Thunder Res and give you these food skills:
Thundercaller
Groomer

Also, I used the Zinogre armor, a Pitfall Trap Mask (used it twice throughout the whole quest) for Cha-Cha, and the Rathalos Mask for Kayamba.

Pineconn

I guess I wasn't prepared. Next time I'll go in with traps and bombs and the such. I did bring max potions, though...

I recommend getting hit less. ;-)

>
:(

I recommend bringing a Farcaster along with materials to make more. I used up 10 lol. I was more prepared for this quest than when I first faced Alatreon.

I like this. I guess I'll even bring herbs, blue mushrooms, and honey. So pr0.™

DaBoss

I guess I wasn't prepared. Next time I'll go in with traps and bombs and the such. I did bring max potions, though...

:mad:

I recommend bringing a Farcaster along with materials to make more. I used up 10 lol. I was more prepared for this quest than when I first faced Alatreon.

Haunted

Has anyone who played Tri a lot really gotten into this game? I still have good memories of when I hardly knew my way around a map but after 400+ hours I kind of got MH3'd out. Is there anyone who thought they were MH3'd out but realized they weren't when they got Ultimate?
Oh man, it's all going to come back to you as soon as you start it up.

You'll go through the early times much quicker, yet the added content and changes they made will keep it fresh. It's so good.

ryz

WHAT. I've done the HR1 Urgent Quest (Lagiacrus) with a friend. I haven't gained a rank, but he did advance to HR2? Why? Do we have to repeat the Urgent Quest? Just getting into MP.

DaBoss

WHAT. I've done the HR1 Urgent Quest (Lagiacrus) with a friend. I haven't gained a rank, but he did advance to HR2? Why? Do we have to repeat the Urgent Quest? Just getting into MP.

You have to post the quest yourself for it to count as you completing it and moving on to the next HR.

Ridley327

In order for Urgents to be counted, you have to be the one that initiates it.

Mafro

Some are on and (at least) two of us did a few hunts for an hour.
Thanks for the help earlier :)

Yeah you'll have to do it again so you complete it and advance your HR. It's annoying how it does that, especially when you'e with three other people that have the same urgent quest and you have to end up doing it four times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Has anyone who played Tri a lot really gotten into this game? I still have good memories of when I hardly knew my way around a map but after 400+ hours I kind of got MH3'd out. Is there anyone who thought they were MH3'd out but realized they weren't when they got Ultimate?

Well I more than doubled your hours in Tri and I already have 130+ hours in this game.. if that's any indication. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So after spending a few hours finishing off a set of Jaggi Armor and upgrading my Switch Axe again to level 3, that fucking bird went down like a ton of bricks.

Great Jaggi died like the little bitch he was, it took no time at all. That damn bird was a pain in my ass though. I almost died to it, but I finally killed it. I had like a sliver of health left, like a goddamn pixel and he wasn't even winded. It was like I entered bullet time or something, dude couldn't touch me as I wailed away on it with my giant axe of death. When it limped off I thought "Got you now bitch" but in the next area he just wouldn't die. Damn thing limped off again and all I can think is "Oh fuck, he's going to heal isn't he," so I take off after him as fast as I can go. I catch him before he lands and start wailing away while he spams all this moves in a giant chain attack but finally it happens. The little bitch dies. Oh man you have no idea how good that felt, finally done with that sucker!

Well time to go hunt some more...

Hattori

Banned
When deviljho starts drooling is he tired already? cause I only hit him like 5-6 times with a GS (I'm fighting him at the moment, he's slower than I imagined)

Ridley327

When deviljho starts drooling is he tired already? cause I only hit him like 5-6 times with a GS (I'm fighting him at the moment, he's slower than I imagined)

Deviljho is constantly exhausting himself, which is why he roams as much as he does. He needs to keep eating, which is something you can use to your advantage with the various tinged meats that you can make. Even a regular Raw Meat can be beneficial, as it will get him to lower his tail for you to attack it.

Mupod

Oh god, joined some randoms for Brachy farming (to make some DS to play with for fun) and I carved a gem off the tail right before all 3 of them managed to get themselves carted.

I think I'll stick to GAF from now on. Speaking of which I have a room up (NA) that nobody has joined, so if you put up your own of HR 5 or lower in FP03 lobby 9 I'll just join that. I use low rank gear with low rank people so don't worry about me trivializing your shit.

Hattori

Banned
Deviljho is constantly exhausting himself, which is why he roams as much as he does. He needs to keep eating, which is something you can use to your advantage with the various tinged meats that you can make. Even a regular Raw Meat can be beneficial, as it will get him to lower his tail for you to attack it.

Ah I see, would've been nice knowing this info, I'm currently unprepared x( I was just supposed to slay jaggias dammit, oh well, I'm lasting far longer than I imagined. I thought he would one shot me at my current armor but I'm holding up pretty well

Edit:
Damn it all hell, I had on the ropes and then he kills the jaggias around to end the quest, I hate this guy already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom