• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should make whatever appeals to you instead of having the internet tell you what to make. It's part of the charm of the game. You'll know when it's time to upgrade if monsters start to one-shot you.

Yeah that's kind of what I was trying to do but I find the wiki armor skills and stats are pretty hit or miss especially for higher ranks. I was hoping some recommendations here could pick up the deficiencies in the wiki. For instance there is barely anything on Nibelsnarf gear but I did see it has quick sheath. The thing is I don't know if at this point its worth my time farming for low rank gear, because I don't know what high rank stuff is waiting.

DaBoss

umpoihjup9.gif

OMG WOW, I didn't even think of VE being short form for Veggie Elder. Mindblown.

muu

Sweet, thanks for this. Was accumulating piles of them without knowing exactly what he gave
back for them.

So up to rubies then eh? ... not bad. I don't think I have any use for any of it now but who knows...

if it's the same as the Japanese ver you'll be able to get VE tickets tradeable for Pallium and such once you complete 250+ quest types (or 230? . One of the reasons you should diversify in the missions you partake in.

Edit: info in Yahoo Chiebukuro. Need a gold guild card and you get the best VE ticket every 100 unity points it seems. Do more quests and trade your guild cards w/ the folks you're p laying with.

Kyzon

I felt so boss last night. Had a group of local friends online. We were fighting Barioth in the tundra. He's in his usual resting area, and I'm standing on top of the raised area firing bows. He goes to fly away, and is just about to leave my bow range when my last arrow kills him about 30 feet above everyone else's head.

Man that felt good

Rize_21

What is the use of sonic bombs against the Agnaktor?
I thought it'd have the same effect than the Diablos but apparently nope.
And using a pitfall to capture a Nibelsnarf is...well...don't do it.It's useless,he doesn't even try to bluff. :(

The hitbox on Gigginox's head lunge is by far the dumbest thing in this game. I was standing on the tip of its wing and I still got hit. No MH, bad MH

If you think you're safe, that means you're gonna get hit

Is this patch gonna add full ZL/ZR functionality when used with the CPP? It's so annoying to not have the ZR button to enable auto-target on the 3DS. I figure since they're going to be adding online play they'll have to enable the full functionality for chat?

Schwabe

only missing there, the items for a cosmic ticket :)

D.Island:
Rathalos Mantle

Sandy Plains
Rathian Mantle

F.Forest
Durambolit

Tundra
Brach Pallium

Vulcano
Uragaan Pallium

M.Peaks
Zin. Skyemerald

i got that from a german forum, don't know if "Durambolit" is the same in english, i got some, but my console isn't in reach now ;)

Also: i didn't try it out, so maybe save before wasting a ticket ;)

how do i get ve tickets

HOW DO I GET VE TICKETS

(I already think I have one or two.)

exchange guild cards with people AND play with them - play with them a lot. Also do a lot of different quest. i read, that you get the cosmic ticket only if your unitylevel (first page on the guild card, right side beside your equipment) must be high and you have to have finished 50% of all (tanzia?)quests.

i got 1 cosmic ticket so far, some golden/silver/deluxe (max is 2 of one kind atm) and a lot of VE Tickets. My Unitylevel overall is ~250 and with two people i am very high on unity, one is over 70 the other over 50 ... i think it went up more for higher G-Rank quests. I did with one random guy 3 or 4 Adv.Quests and it went up to 16 or so on the guild card list.

And using a pitfall to capture a Nibelsnarf is...well...don't do it.It's useless,he doesn't even try to bluff. :(

have you tried to interrupt his fire beam with it or when he does his diving nonsense (that hits me always when i'm healing -.-)? also don't try pitfalls at nargacuga^^

umpoihjup9.gif

OMG WOW, I didn't even think of VE being short form for Veggie Elder. Mindblown.

Holy shit are you for real!?! Add me to the list of mind blown hunters. I've got a ton of tickets for this old man!

Thank you for posting this.

Edit: quoted wrong guy, (still got great gif) but thank you Sammmy : ]

Dragoshi1

I get all of the rare parts from Pink Rathian, like I have 5 rubies and 4 plates, but why are her scales so hard to get? At least I can kill her the first 10 minutes now, thanks to equipping myself and my Shakalakas with slime.

Mupod

It works exactly the same as Diablos - hit him with it when he's burrowing and NOT in rage mode, and he'll pop out and be stunned.

Problem is, just like Black Diablos he's always in rage mode.

The Hermit

Man, I knew this game was addicting, but fuck me its killing all my freetime... And my sleep time !!

Its almost as bad as diablo 2.

Kyzon

Bah, I don't want to commit genocide on the Green Nargacuga race...... again, but I need to get G Narga armor for my ranged set too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How about a web version.

So like, anyone could use it.

Crazy idea, I know.

Native apps = amateur hour.

Fistwell

if it's the same as the Japanese ver you'll be able to get VE tickets tradeable for Pallium and such once you complete 250+ quest types (or 230? . One of the reasons you should diversify in the missions you partake in.

Edit: info in Yahoo Chiebukuro. Need a gold guild card and you get the best VE ticket every 100 unity points it seems. Do more quests and trade your guild cards w/ the folks you're p laying with.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

Good luck! Best advice I can give is to play defensively (especially when Cha Cha and Kayamba are down) and try to position Brachy/Azure Los to attack one another as best as you can.

Edit: And Mega Dash Juice. Bring as many of those as you can. It's nice not having to worry about stamina during the fights (particularly the Brachy/Azure Los part of it).
It wasn't too bad. I reset once after carting early on lagi (coming straight from work, wasn't mentally prepared, or that's my excuse anyways). Next try went fine. It wasn't all smooth sailing (mega dash juice came in handy, thanks for the tip), but it wasn't too much of a challenge in G rank gear. Now on to ala.

Now do it with High-Rank gear like you were meant to. :p
Oh I didnt do it for the e-pen, I just wanted to get to alatreon.

DaBoss

The MHDex program uses an MS Access database file, but its password protected. If it was shared, then someone could possibly make an OS X version.

It wasn't too bad. I reset once after carting early on lagi (coming straight from work, wasn't mentally prepared, or that's my excuse anyways). Next try went fine. It wasn't all smooth sailing (mega dash juice came in handy, thanks for the tip), but it wasn't too much of a challenge in G rank gear. Now on to ala.

Now do it with High-Rank gear like you were meant to. :p

Neo C.

Today's the first day I haven't found gaffers online. As said before, I can't wait for the patch, having US gaf around would make things much easier.

Schwabe

Use a Lance and if you can get Guard +1, that would be good. I used a High Rank Brachydios with a Dios Lance+ for The Brilliant Darkness.

trid it again earlier and made it (in ~35min) with Golden Lune and LS. Was quite surprised, when he died. Was kind in a hurry because i had 15min left to get to work...

Now i am happy :D

How about a web version.

So like, anyone could use it.

Crazy idea, I know.

Native apps = amateur hour.

Fucking this. A nice web app would be perfect. I want to be able to quickly look shit up from my tablet while I'm playing, not walk over to my computer. Also I don't use Windows, fuck that shit.

Apharmd

Pretty much read the manual and experiment. That's what I did with the gunlance. Wyvern fire, burst attacks. Pump as much of that gunfire into the enemy as you can!

Some gunlance things the manual didn't say;

After quick-reload, hitting X does the over-head smash as well. This is important because hitting A after any over-head smash shoots the rest of your bullets out in a burst attack.

Pretty much read the manual and experiment. That's what I did with the gunlance. Wyvern fire, burst attacks. Pump as much of that gunfire into the enemy as you can!

Some gunlance things the manual didn't say;

After quick-reload, hitting X does the over-head smash as well. This is important because hitting A after any over-head smash shoots the rest of your bullets out in a burst attack.
Sounds like a potential infinite smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom