• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that Brachy X set looks tempting for me as a GS user.

Assuming your tali is giving you a nice boost for one of those skills though.

Speaking of that, I really should finish my charm hunting set

jercruz

So Ive finally finished all the offline quests, except for the last two urgents. How am i supposed to take down
G rank A.Lagi, Brachy, and A.Los
all at once solo? Ive tried it several times now, all ending with failure.
Heres my current armor/stats:
m69JWns.jpg
sLDiIhN.jpg

I just finished the 2nd to the last urgent, after my second try :)

I'm using high rank B.Diablos set with Evasion+1 gem'd in. I'm also using deviljho hammer (1200+ raw).

I'm not really a fan of brachy skill set, though I did notice you're already using X set so that means you are G-rank already. I'm still an HR4.

Damn that Brachy X set looks tempting for me as a GS user.

Assuming your tali is giving you a nice boost for one of those skills though.

Speaking of that, I really should finish my charm hunting set

The Tali and sockets are the ones giving me most of the Crit draw/quick sheath. The full Brachy set gives Challenger +2, Adrenaline +1, Bombardier, and only +3 to crit draw.

Ultratech

Well...this was interesting.

Was trying to do some Dire Miralis, and ended up in a room with a guy who had a odd weapon I'd never even seen (it wasn't listed in the guide).

Turns out he somehow got one of the DLC weapons early (or he somehow transferred his JP save to EN). Anywho, it was a Switch Axe called Dragon's Roar.
Took some pics with my phone, so they're shitty quality. (I'll upload 'em tomorrow.)

IIRC, it's called Slashfox on the current SA list.

Looks pretty cool though, kinda like a teal-like Dragon.

Also, managed to get his Guild card. He's been playing WAY too much...
(He had damn near every award save for 3-4 on the bottom row.)

Ken

So Ive finally finished all the offline quests, except for the last two urgents. How am i supposed to take down
G rank A.Lagi, Brachy, and A.Los
all at once solo? Ive tried it several times now, all ending with failure.
Heres my current armor/stats:
http://i.imgur.com/mimgur.com/sLDiIhN.][/QUOTE]

Might as well get a Brachy LS?

bon

How do I unlock better weapons to buy/forge? I'm on the three star missions and I'm still using the Switch Axe from the beginning of the game.

I think you may need to read my posts again. I don't have any problems at all using the Longsword or Lance. I have MEGA problems using the Great Sword. I can't get charges off on anything. I have no problems killing with it, but I simply cannot get charges, and I feel like I'm spending more time healing or chasing something than actually hitting it.

Yeah, with some monsters you'll just be hitting quick unsheathe slashes most of the time and charging only when it's exhausted or down. Same thing with LS spirit combo opportunities. On the other hand, as you get more familiar with the moves and positions and find ways to cheese the monster (simple example: pause for a split second in front of Rathian/Rathalos to bait the fireball), you start finding more openings.

The real frustration comes in when you finally find yourself in the perfect position for a level 3 charge and RHENOPLOS OUTTA NOWHERE

Raide

Hrmm...I think I need to get a new HR set. Fighting the more dangerous HR monsters and I just don't lay down enough damage. Unless its Rathian and Rathalos and their subspecies. I seem to bomb on them really hard with a thunder bow but other stuff seems to take ages.

Septimius

I'm pretty far into the offline quests. I think I'm near end of the single-player story. I did decide to go try kill a Gobul via the port. Does it have more HP when you do the HR1 quest? Cause it could take a lot of punishment from my Rimeblade.

About online:
If I connect my iPhone earplugs, can I use its microphone? Can I direct the online chat to the main-speaker sound and not the sound coming from the pad?

burgerdog

About online:
If I connect my iPhone earplugs, can I use its microphone? Can I direct the online chat to the main-speaker sound and not the sound coming from the pad?

You can't use the iPhone earplug's microphone, but you can still use the gamepad's microphone if you connect them to it.

Yes > go online > press - > online tab > network options > chat settings > game chat output type 2.

NeoRausch

You can't use the iPhone earplug's microphone, but you can still use the gamepad's microphone if you connect them to it.

Yes > go online > press - > online tab > network options > chat settings > game chat output type 2.
u sure? I remember reading that you can use any kind of headset for this. or do I remember wrong?

ramyeon

Definitely. Found a room of friendly guys that got me through HR1 in about an hour

Holy shit at how fast things go down in MP
Let me know if you ever wanna play, since I'm Australia too and on the same timezone. My NNID is ramyeon if you wanna add me. I'm mostly online during the daytime for now, but once that off screen patch goes through it'll be any time of the day lol.

Oh man Ceadeus is the worst fight in this game (So far). It's just so fundamentally flawed and an absolute pain in the ass to farm. Not only is the only quest available offline-only and 35 minutes long, you always have to go through that horrible first half of chasing him down until you can break his beard. It's just so bad. Then when you do actually fight him your camera is all over the place and you're inside his beard half the time.

I actually can't imagine doing this fight on the 3DS without a CPP.

Should I get this game for 3ds if its my first MH and I'm only ever gonna play solo?

Half the fun of the game comes from doing online quests with buddies.
Of course you can also quest solo but you'll notice that everything's going to be MUCH harder for you, especially the Tanzia quests.

Also this game only clicked with me once I played it online with friends. And boy, did it click HARD!
So if you really wanna get into the game and never stop playing, get the Wii U version if you can.

My progress so far is: I'm one or two quests away from Ceadeus in story mode.
Online I reached HR4.
Brachydios was a BITCH to fight with Great Swords, which is why I'm training with Switch Axes, which are wonderful. Still gotta farm him a bit to make the Dios Great Sword. Which also means I gotta make a Red Wing (or whatever it's called) again, so I still have a weapon with Fire damage.
I fought two Diablos' with two friends and it was wonderful. Out first actual hard fight in the game and everything that could go wrong DID go wrong, except for capturing them both, JUST before a Nibelsnarf was about to kill one of us for the third time.

This game keeps getting better and better <3

Lizardus

Downed the village Durambros urgent in about 15 minutes with Wroggi armour and ML001: Balthazaar
fuck the naked bullfangos + rhenoplos quest
. He wasnt as bad as people made him out to be. Unlocked volvidon and I am gonna make his set for Evasion lancing and switchaxing.

Fuck I am moving slow in this game compared to Tri.

Peru

Soloing isn't particularly hard when you follow the single-player narrative in the village. Go for it, no doubt, online will be a bonus if you get to try it later on but the single player will take over your gaming life if you give it a few hours.

ace3skoot

forgetting charm tables and all that crap, which i know limit that actual charms you can get, is there a way to maximise the chance of getting certain skills on a charm? like a mining point more likely to give me a handicraft based charm as apposed to another skills?

Ken

forgetting charm tables and all that crap, which i know limit that actual charms you can get, is there a way to maximise the chance of getting certain skills on a charm? like a mining point more likely to give me a handicraft based charm as apposed to another skills?

no lol

Hobby

Nice. What armor/weapon if I may ask? Just unlocked it last night, will give it a shot tonight.

Full Helios Z (gemmed for crit draw) and Nero's Anguish.

Good luck! Best advice I can give is to play defensively (especially when Cha Cha and Kayamba are down) and try to position Brachy/Azure Los to attack one another as best as you can.

Edit: And Mega Dash Juice. Bring as many of those as you can. It's nice not having to worry about stamina during the fights (particularly the Brachy/Azure Los part of it).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Judging by that armor set, you should sit down and look up how skills work.
That armor right there is just the result of my early game no farming play style. I haven't had any trouble in 5* offline quests, so it's not that bad.

But I know I needed to pick a real set.Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted HR3 reccomendations. I decided on the Wroggi.

Like someone else said you should probably look up armor skills - combining Armor into proper sets will activate certain skills that will help you a lot.

eg. Wroggi set has negate poison which is super handy... Rhenoplos has a Knockout skill along with Negate Mud/Snow (useful for fighting Barroth/Barioth etc to avoid snowman/mudball status). The armors have stuff like Windproofing, Current Resistance, Attack Ups, etc.
Thanks. I actually decided on the high rank wroggi set before I got a reply and have the helm and chest so far. I

I'm trying to figure out what direction to go with the weapons.

What's the best/easiest HR3 dual
Blades I can make that are vercitile? I not ready to farm multiple elemental damage weapons to switch between. I have Snow Slicers + just because I had the mats to go that direction. I'm assuming the most vercitile ones are ones with def or affinity? But I'm not sure which elemental damage covers the most monsters.

ryz

Just got my CPP. This feels really good, almost like the Wii U controls. Might be playing a lot more on my 3DS XL now.

Just got my CPP. This feels really good, almost like the Wii U controls. Might be playing a lot more on my 3DS XL now.

Yeah, after getting the XL CPP the 3DS version has become a lot more viable. Before I was only using the 3DS for doing mining runs and whatnot, but it's actually viable for hunting monsters now! I think I'm gonna continue using the 3DS XL in bed even after the Wii U off-screen patch. It's really nice being able to offload the map, minion list and HP/stamina bars to the lower screen.

Rize_21

Video here:
http://youtu.be/xzyPYCDwiVk

Skip to 6:30 to see the glitch.

Got a funny glitch against Jade Barroth,except it doesn't give any advantage,it's when he sprints(rage mode)at the "second lap",if you do a superman dive in the direction he goes when he raises his crown to hit you(it's a really short time window),you'll be in the air just like superman for a few seconds.
I'd like to redo it(it's hard as it's in the invulnerability frames!) but while recording this time.

Mupod

I want a GS set to play around with, I also want to pick up HBGs again. Both roads lead to more Diablos Hardhorns, although at least I can already make a Hallowed Dracannon. I'd need a bunch of Deviljho crap or EVEN MORE hardhorns to get a GS.

Not really sure what I want out of a HH set that I can't already do. And that +5 evade +10 stun charm I found off Dire Miralis last night made my current sets even better. My hammer set is no slouch either, although it's pretty funny that almost every piece of it is from a different armor set. If I had a god charm I could make it so it looked nicer, at least. I want to use the Helios X helm for looks but I can only make this set work with Helios Z's helm.

Got a funny glitch against Jade Barroth,except it doesn't give any advantage,it's when he sprints(rage mode)at the "second lap",if you do a superman dive in the direction he goes when he raises his crown to hit you(it's a really short time window),you'll be in the air just like superman for a few seconds.
I'd like to redo it(it's hard as it's in the invulnerability frames!) but while recording this time.

I'd imagine the Dive skill would make this kind of thing happen all the time. It can even dive towards monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom