• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwabe

Nice.

I would've had a hard time with a Long Sword.

it wasn't that bad. i used 1 mega armorskin, 9 pots, 7 Mega Pots, 2 Dust of Life, 1 Lifepowder, 1 Max Potion (only two get hit twice again), 4 mega dash juice and 4 Farcaster (to heal and sharpen and revive my minions).

two close calls with barely no health left, it was okay i guess. but my armor was at 647 with all buffs (armorskin, canteen and shakalaka dances), but three hits in rage mode = death ...

ballistabinder is so effin useful against him ... i think the slime-explosions (both shakas brought slime too) were also very useful.

now i can concentrate more on online, as i can host jhen subspecies now, also i didn't meet abyss lagi yet ... (although i play with two guys above HR70, i am 59 atm)

so much to do ... still after 230h playtime. (but i wasted more then enough time just to farm dumb pumpkins @ freehunt^^)

DaBoss

it wasn't that bad. i used 1 mega armorskin 9 pots, 7 Mega Pots, 2 Dust of Life, 1 Lifepowder, 1 Max Potion (only two get hit twice again) and 4 Farcaster (to heal and sharpen and revive my minions).

two close calls with barely no health left, it was okay i guess. but my armor was at 647 with all buffs (armorskin, canteen and shakalaka dances), but three hits in rage mode = death ...

ballistabinder is so effin useful against him ... i think the slime-explosions (both shakas brought slime too) were also very useful.

now i can concentrate more on online, as i can host jhen subspecies now, also i didn't meet abyss lagi yet ...

so much to do ... still after 230h playtime. (but i wasted more then enough time just to farm dumb pumpkins @ freehunt^^)

I mean it would be hard to use with High-Rank gear. It was bad enough I used every healing thing I had (10 potions, 10 mega potions, 2 max potions, ancient potion, & 3 lifepowders) along with 5 farcasters.

I'm gonna farm it once I get an armor set that doesn't have shitty resistance to dragon.

How do you make Dust of Life? Lifepowder + ???

Schwabe

with high rank equip i failed two times, i hate alatreon since Tri xD

dust of life is lifepowder, only more powerful (mega pot, wide range). you get it from free hunt as a reward and by combining gloamgrass-bud with lifepowder. gloamgrass bud can be found in freehunt in area 4 (?) wehre jaggi sleeps, at the glowing spots (you also find fossil pieces there, u know what i mean - i hope...) [and according to MHDex also in Area 6, 8, 10 - i guess also when the spots "glow")^^

DaBoss

with high rank equip i failed two times, i hate alatreon since Tri xD

dust of life is lifepowder, only more powerful (mega pot, wide range). you get it from free hunt as a reward and by combining gloamgrass-bud with lifepowder. gloamgrass bud can be found in freehunt in area 4 (?) wehre jaggi sleeps, at the glowing spots (you also find fossil pieces there, u know what i mean - i hope...) [and according to MHDex also in Area 6, 8, 10 - i guess also when the spots "glow")^^

Oh, probably why I never got it. I barely do free hunts. Always got Fossil Pieces when I go for those glowing spots, so I just don't bother lol.

Hey guys, what's the fastest and easiest way to get to fight Savage Jho? Will it be one of the Peco G quests or I have better chances with green Narga?

Hey guys, what's the fastest and easiest way to get to fight Savage Jho? Will it be one of the Peco G quests or I have better chances with green Narga?

All I know is that we tried for almost an hour without luck on green Narga. I just gave up on it then. Gamechanger, etc.

Was curious to see Savage Jho, still am, but that was ridiculous.

Schwabe

I've tried the night stalker quest over 30 times and have not gotten a single savage jho.

i tried it 10 times with two others, same result. i met him though at the diablos/rust durramboros quest, host dc'd halfway through :-/

i assume the peco q will be the best chance ... 05/14/13 is not that far away^^ so i don't try it again on purpose, just a waste of time imho.

We ran into it once, but we didn't even try. It was green Narga quest, we manage to kill it but didn't get any black blood, which I really need for Vangis X set :)

Napophis

patch in 2 hours? have they said how long that servers are going down, if any? was also hoping the Nintendo update was somehow going to be today^>^

Does the MHT Ceadeus trick still work where I can:
1) Get him to low health.
2) Repel him.
3) Take the quest again.
4) Chill in the starting zone until he auto-repels due to timeout?

It's much better than killing him, since I can do other stuff on the side and just collect my winnings every 30 minutes. :)

I just need Elder Dragonblood. :-(

Lyonaz

After seeing that Pumpkin armor set, I kinda regret having a female hunter now.

AAArgh maybe I'm gonna make a male hunter too....

Haunted

Are there better ways to get Dragonbone Relics aside from the Secret Area in the tundra? I suddenly need a couple more and don't really remember where I got them in the first place.

ryz

Holy fuck, port brachy (HR3 urgent) hits A LOT harder than the village brachy. I thought it's just more health for monsters in the multiplayer quests?

Are there better ways to get Dragonbone Relics aside from the Secret Area in the tundra? I suddenly need a couple more and don't really remember where I got them in the first place.

Explorer food skill will get you to places where you can find them, sometimes you can spawn there randomly.

yami4ct

Need to take down Ivory Laggi real quick for my HR4 urgent. Got a room open Freeplay 1->lobby 1-> Name HR4 Urgent. No pass. Any US server gaffers are more than welcome.

Ken

If you're HR8, the Tower area has a bonepile with a lot of Dragnobone Relics IIRC.

JoeFu

Banned
Anybody HR1 or 2 wanna play? I'm not too far into the game. In single player just beat up lagiacrus in an urgent quest.

Would like to farm lagiacrus for quick charge. Loving great swords right now.

Anyone know how much of a difference Focus makes for a Hammer? I'm thinking of making the Rhenoplos set.
The charge time about twice as fast, but it's not as great as you might think because:
1) You often miss Lvl 2 charge opportunities because it goes by so fast.
2) The monster is often far away, so you need to run to him long enough to get the level 3 charge normally.

Raide

Trying to make a Fire Attack+ set for my bow and the main thing I need is bits that involve carving tails. Thanks Capcom. Forcing me to use another weapon instead of the one I always use. (Bow) Slowly working on sets that increase the elemental damage of my various bows and I have only managed to get the Ingot S fairly easily.

Also, is Focus useful for the Bow Charging?

Fistwell

VLn.jpg
Hahaha, with a whole 44s left... *dies*

Euro GAF owning G rank right now, everything die so quickly!
Great hunt with Za_Warudo, Armin and DarkNTity.
Been dicking around offline the last couple of days, I should be around tomorrow eve around 6PM CEST (noon ET).

mosgharl isn't male only, is it? O,o
Looks badass on male, kinda hideous on female imo.

Does the MHT Ceadeus trick still work where I can:
1) Get him to low health.
2) Repel him.
3) Take the quest again.
4) Chill in the starting zone until he auto-repels due to timeout?

It's much better than killing him, since I can do other stuff on the side and just collect my winnings every 30 minutes. :)

I just need Elder Dragonblood. :-(

lol, timing out your monster? You sound like a SFxT player.
Play to win.

Beats

The charge time about twice as fast, but it's not as great as you might think because:
1) You often miss Lvl 2 charge opportunities because it goes by so fast.
2) The monster is often far away, so you need to run to him long enough to get the level 3 charge normally.

Hmm, alright. I'll check out something else then.

Proven

Do you use knives in the game?
I used to love Sword and Shield. But I used the Nunchuck in Tri. Using the SnS with buttons feels awkward, and I hate how direction+A is shield bash; I wish it was neutral+A while direction+A would be the sword slashes.

My character in Tri was named Knives...

Nintendo World, Monster Hunter Event - http://youtu.be/Sttdfk_f-4A

2:17 - More meetup for the next three Friday!

OMFG at the end. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

My friends are in that video.

Proven

Trying to make a Fire Attack+ set for my bow and the main thing I need is bits that involve carving tails. Thanks Capcom. Forcing me to use another weapon instead of the one I always use. (Bow) Slowly working on sets that increase the elemental damage of my various bows and I have only managed to get the Ingot S fairly easily.

Also, is Focus useful for the Bow Charging?

I've heard it charges 20% faster. I'm definitely going to have to use it and then something for my Stamina if I want to spam level 4 charges.

lol, timing out your monster? You sound like a SFxT player.
Play to win.
I spent a good 20 hours farming offline Ceadeus in MHT. I'm not really excited to do it again, haha. It's just so boring.

I tried it and failed the quest. :-(

Anyone know the drop rate of Elder Dragonblood on low rank Ceadeus and Jhen?

Ken

I spent a good 20 hours farming offline Ceadeus in MHT. I'm not really excited to do it again, haha. It's just so boring.

On Jhen it's 10% chance for breaking his arm(s).

Not listed for Ceadeus although he does drop it.

Schwabe

according to MHDex

8% at Ceadeus
15% at Jhen

@Ken:
look at the slay Quest, not the repel one :)

Ken

according to MHDex

8% at Ceadeus
15% at Jhen

@Ken:
look at the slay Quest, not the repel one :)

Where's that on the Brady Guide? I like using the guide since I'm too lazy to open up a new tab and because I assume 99% of the numerical stuff in there is accurate. Not that the numbers really mean much as far as RNG is concerned.

yami4ct

Thanks MonHun gaf. I'm finally HR5. I got a lagi sapphire in the fight as well. Good deal! Look forward to when I can put even more time in with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom