• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerdog

By the way, since off-tv setting doesn't save, here's how to get to that option with the tv off. Press A three times once the gamepad displays 'the look at the main screen.'

Once you see the Moga village map on it, press - > right > up > A > left > down > down > A > right.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
well, time to buy the game. I'll get it right after graduation

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
off tv play for mh3u is the best thing to happen to gaming in all of eternity

Humanity has peaked.

Nah, that'll be when we get the font-patch. THEN gaming can wrap it up, because I'll be set for life.

(Maybe wait a bit until Pokemon Y before wrapping it up.)

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So fucking excited! Off-tv play means I'll never stop playing this damn game! Do wish they could've implemented a more elegant solution than this (I love how Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed handles it), but I love that Capcom listened to American fans and brought this patch over.

Xpite

Neo Member
By the way, since off-tv setting doesn't save, here's how to get to that option with the tv off. Press A three times once the gamepad displays 'the look at the main screen.'

Once you see the Moga village map on it, press - > right > up > A > left > down > down > A > right.

its the off-tv cheat code :p

It looks so good on the GamePad, hot damn!

7Y3pgot.jpg

Capcom <3

Jaruru

Neogaf_MH3U_130415_OffTV_Pro.jpg

looks pretty sharp on GamePad
works perfectly with Pro controller. ppl you can move the Wii U anywhere, with/without a TV :p

text is small but OK, better than the ugly font on 3DS

It sucks that ZL and ZR just do the same thing as L and R on Type 2 instead of flipping them. You lose your monster target button in Type 2 using off-TV play. What's the point of having 2 sets of buttons that do the same thing? Please update that, Capgods.

Game looks like complete shit on the OG 3DS (that screen...) - but on the XL it's nicer. In fact I'll probably end up sticking with that due to the touch screen shortcuts.

I play it only on the OG 3DS and it's fine (obviously pales in comparison to the Wii U gamepad). The XL > Standard point is strange to me considering one is obviously a smaller screen so you have a sharper image while one is bigger. Calling one complete shit while the other is fine doesn't really make sense considering it's the exact same image.

Fewr

Just got to High Rank (story mode) last weekend. I'm currently about to complete the new Wroggi set, which would be useful for the new Ludroth set.

Vibed

I'm liking the off tv play, but everything does look a little scrunched in comparison. Also, it's probably because I don't have my TV properly calibrated, but the gamepad display appears a lot more robust in color. On my TV, everything is a a lot brighter and more vibrant, while the gamepad has deeper colors. I think I prefer my TV on this one! :p

That's actually pretty redundant, considering the fact that you can change the gamepad display settings in the options menu on the title screen.

Sanctuary

I think I just ran into my first bug with this game. I started over (charms...lol), and after the initial 30p resource request, the next one to appear was for the Kebab-Boo mask. That's like the 21st request, not the 2nd...

Fewr

Nah, that'll be when we get the font-patch. THEN gaming can wrap it up, because I'll be set for life.

(Maybe wait a bit until Pokemon Y before wrapping it up.)
Animal Crossing is coming before that.

Oh dear, this year I'll do nothing but play on my 3DS.

-------------

I think I just ran into my first bug with this game. I started over (charms...lol), and after the initial 30p resource request, the next one to appear was for the Kebab-Boo mask. That's like the 21st request, not the 2nd...
Which charm table did you get?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I play it only on the OG 3DS and it's fine (obviously pales in comparison to the Wii U gamepad). The XL > Standard point is strange to me considering one is obviously a smaller screen so you have a sharper image while one is bigger. Calling one complete shit while the other is fine doesn't really make sense considering it's the exact same image.
Don't you find it looks super washed out? I've been playing on my XL and the bf was on his OG for a while and it just looked really awful to me.

Sanctuary

Animal Crossing is coming before that.

Oh dear, this year I'll do nothing but play on my 3DS.

-------------

Which charm table did you get?

I don't know, and won't know until I unlock the fishing boat. It seems like I found out about the charm table crap a bit too late, and I can't use the fishing boat trick to find out since they are already two and three star ships. I tried using Athena's charm app, but I can't make heads or tails out of that to narrow down what table I'm actually on. It only seems useful to search for specific charms you're after to see what table they are on, not for finding what you're on, unless you write down a few hundred checks yourself.

Fewr

Any Monster Hunter merchandise you recommend?

This looks super cool, although I haven't reached that armor in the game yet.
http://www.play-asia.com/Revoltech_...ter_Swordsma/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-69md.html

I don't know why, but I'd love a Monster Hunter pillowcase lol.

-----------------

I don't know, and won't know until I unlock the fishing boat. It seems like I found out about the charm table crap a bit too late, and I can't use the fishing boat trick to find out since they are already two and three star ships. I tried using Athena's charm app, but I can't make heads or tails out of that to narrow down what table I'm actually on. It only seems useful to search for specific charms you're after to see what table they are on, not for finding what you're on, unless you write down a few hundred checks yourself.
Argh, that's really bad. Have you reached the exploring mission for Tundra? I remember that's where I got my first RustShard. If you get one, then at least you didn't land on one of those.

Mupod

That mask is from an event quest, which is probably why it shows up immediately.

Sanctuary

That mask is from an event quest, which is probably why it shows up immediately.

Hmm, maybe. It wasn't there on my initial playthrough because I didn't get the DLC stuff until a bit later. The DLC does explain why I started out with 5000p though.

Heh, I'm dumb. I forgot that you actually have to talk to the smith again and get the request from HIM, not Junior. Was too used to just running to him for the requests, since that's pretty much what happens after the camp is fixed.

Beats

Where do Dragonbone Relics come from?

Tundra Area 1 (need Explorer food skill) in High/G-rank, Area 9 High/G-rank, or Tower Area in G-rank. There's also area 4 Tundra High/G Rank, but the bone piles don't always spawn and the chance is really low in High rank.

Arveene

Neo Member
I was also wondering, apparently they're in the bone drops in Tundra (Areas 4, 9, and Secret) in high and G rank. Also the Tower (Area 1.)

I did the Jade Barroth quest when farming those. Grab the explorer buff and gather them there. Let Barroth limp and break into the hidden area to grab the bone pile there. You can also get them from the gathering point in the tower.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I did the Jade Barroth quest when farming those. Grab the explorer buff and gather them there. Let Barroth limp and break into the hidden area to grab the bone pile there. You can also get them from the gathering point in the tower.

How do you get the Explorer skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom