• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I think it looks decent on the gamepad. It is a bit blurrier than the clean, sharp IQ on TV due to the lower resolution of the gamepad screen.

It literally just mirrors the output from the TV, so while you can enable the option to play on gamepad whenever, you'll have to arrange your HUD elements beforehand so you've got all the necessary info on the "main" screen. If you depend on panels on the touchscreen, you can not use them when playing on the gamepad. That's... not great.

Probably not going to use it that much, but it's nice to have the option when needed.

No lie it looks like shit compared to my Panasonic ST30. There's some kind of ass smudge filter applied.

It's just the difference between full 1080p and whatever ghetto resolution the Wii U GamePad has.

It literally mirrors the output from the TV, so while you can enable the option to play on gamepad whenever, you'll have to arrange your HUD elements beforehand so you've got the necessary info on the "main" screen. If you depend on panels on the touchscreen, you can not use them when using the gamepad. That's... not great.

Which is why I'm gonna stick to 3DS XL + Circle Pad Pro for "off screen" play. Having access to the bottom screen shortcuts makes it superior to the GamePad IMO.

Sanctuary

So when do the good armor modifiers finally start opening up (offline)? I was looking at suggestions for a decent GS/LS low-rank set and it seems like all of the good shit was removed in Ultimate. Baggi/Diablos and Uragaan had some awesome offensive modifiers in Tri, but none of them are on those armors in Ultimate. There's nothing good for crit, fast sheathing, focus or punishing draw. I could pick one of those mods and then supplement them with decorations...except for the fact that there aren't any +2 decorations of those yet, or a mod hasn't even shown up on the list. Even if they had, I'm still stuck with 5-6 slots tops anyway.

I've been running around in Wroggi or Barroth depending on the weapon. While those are pretty great at the time you can get them, I'm about to fight Ceadeus and haven't bothered upgrading past those two armor sets, because nothing else has been worth the effort in any way.

Looks great to me. Much better than the 3DS version, which looked pretty good to begin with. AA and more vivid colors, especially. Doesn't look as good as it does on my TV (duh), but I'm not especially anal about this stuff to begin with. I'm certainly glad I don't have to squint to read the text anymore, at least.

Satch

Banned
OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

Cng7GW1.gif

So when do the good armor modifiers finally start opening up (offline)? I was looking at suggestions for a decent GS/LS low-rank set and it seems like all of the good shit was removed in Ultimate. Baggi/Diablos and Uragaan had some awesome offensive modifiers in Tri, but none of them are on those armors in Ultimate. There's nothing good for crit, fast sheathing, focus or punishing draw. I could pick one of those mods and then supplement them with decorations...except for the fact that there aren't any +2 decorations of those yet, or a mod hasn't even shown up on the list. Even if they had, I'm still stuck with 5-6 slots tops anyway.

I've been running around in Wroggi or Barroth depending on the weapon. While those are pretty great at the time you can get them, I'm about to fight Ceadeus and haven't bothered upgrading past those two armor sets, because nothing else has been worth the effort in any way.

I was feeling the same way and decided to go for the Lagia armor but really it's more of a side-grade to the wroggi set if anything. Probably would've been wiser to push through to high rank with my wroggi set rather than waste my time trying to get this plate.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Honestly I'd rather have had a Font Patch than Off-TV. :3

Just use Arial or something, Capcom! (Preferably with a thick text-stroke!) I seriously can barely read players' names in Tanzia, lol. This doesn't even mention the mess that is the font on the 3DS version...

Alex

off screen UI and text makes the downresd PSP to 3DS UI look good, this is a bit painful. Oh well, good for makeshift moments I suppose but they should a touched it up.

ramyeon

One complaint: no keyboard when in offscreen. That's gonna make it hard to communicate without using the mic.

Edit: my bad there is. It's free chat.

Jaruru

I like this idea, the GamePad + Charging Cradle would basically be a mini-TV, LOL.

Really good idea. I'll try it out later tonight.
Main reason is to bring my Wii U out and play when I'm not home and don't have a TV available.

Why not 3DS? I want to play online

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Those Off-TV photos make me realise how bad the 3DS looks in comparison and what I'm missing out on.
Game looks like complete shit on the OG 3DS (that screen...) - but on the XL it's nicer. In fact I'll probably end up sticking with that due to the touch screen shortcuts.

burgerdog

I like this idea, the GamePad + Charging Cradle would basically be a mini-TV, LOL.

Holy shit, I'm going to try this now! You know what's weird? I have an awesome 3D 1080p TV hooked up to a surround system and I never have to worry about others using my tv. Yet, ever since off-tv was announced, all I wanted to do was play the game that way. I'll probably rarely use the tv to play 3U now, loving the update.

Was fighting a Ratholos and made off with an R-Plate by the time the mission ended.
All I need is one from a Rathian and I can upgrade my fire Dual Blades.

Haunted

Yeah. The biggest pain is getting the damn Gems and Fur.

On the plus side, the Shards and Coats sell for major money.
Friend of mine farmed Gold Ceadeus for the armour set and could sell the unused materials for about 1.2 million Zenny. I said goddamn.

ramyeon

Glad the option is there for those who may need it but the image quality butchered horribly.
It really isn't that bad. Not enough to say it was butchered.
Friend of mine farmed Gold Ceadeus for the armour set and could sell the unused materials for about 1.2 million Zenny. I said goddamn.
Yeah I got about a million. Didn't have to farm him too much cause I got the two gems on the first run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom