• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

There's a set way to get Explorer? I had thought it was a daily skill. Thanks all. I guess I'll have to take on Jade Barroth then.

Also, is there a decent way to farm Rathian Plates or Rathalos Plates offline in the village?

Kyou

There's a set way to get Explorer? I had thought it was a daily skill. Thanks all. I guess I'll have to take on Jade Barroth then.

Also, is there a decent way to farm Rathian Plates or Rathalos Plates offline in the village?
drink + fish gives explorer

robot

Gamepad screen is pretty cool but man some of this stuff is tiny. I prefer the 3ds over the option but it's a nice feature if you don't have both versions. How do you access monster target with no 2nd screen?

Is it me or is the framerate better on the 3ds (3d off) than the Wii U version? Less dips maybe?

How do I send people to do G rank quest in tanzia? I can only select any, low, and high. I'm already G rankm
You have to be HR7 to unlock the G Rank filter.

How do you access monster target with no 2nd screen?

Is it me or is the framerate better on the 3ds (3d off) than the Wii U version? Less dips maybe?
Press R2 or whatever it's called. And yeah, framerate is higher on the 3DS.

Can someone link me to the table that lists all the different gem skills and what they do? On like one page with a giant list, not a million pages for each individual skill.

For as popular as this game supposedly is it's pretty ridiculous how hard it is to find information for it.

L Thammy

Can someone link me to the table that lists all the different gem skills and what they do? On like one page with a giant list, not a million pages for each individual skill.

For as popular as this game supposedly is it's pretty ridiculous how hard it is to find information for it.

Not sure if this helps, but if you press X on the Forge Decoration menu, it shows you the skill name.

Kyzon

Capcom, take my money. I'm going to just Download this game so my gf can keep playing my disk on her wii u while I play on my own.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What's the deal with the Talisman levels? Just get better as they go along?

Pawn > Bishop > Knight > Rook > King?

Should I start selling the Pawn and Bishop ones I get?

What's the deal with the Talisman levels? Just get better as they go along?

Pawn > Bishop > Knight > Rook > King?

Should I start selling the Pawn and Bishop ones I get?

What I do to get rid of my extra talismans are, is go to the view talisman tab in the chest, and sort by skill 1, then sell any weaker duplicates. You can sell by pressing R in the Tali view

By the way, since off-tv setting doesn't save, here's how to get to that option with the tv off. Press A three times once the gamepad displays 'the look at the main screen.'

Once you see the Moga village map on it, press - > right > up > A > left > down > down > A > right.

For me the game started and already mirrored the title menu on the GamePad, where you can easily change the Off-TV-Settings.

olimpia84

Just forged my first Hunting Horn, a Lagia Horn. HH seems like a fun weapon so I'll give it a go and take a break from my beloved long sword.

Sanctuary

Hmm, was aiming for table 10, and ended up on 14. I wonder if I should simply stay with that, since it's still supposed to be decent for melee, even if it's not the best.

The colors go:
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
White
Purple

Thanks.

I really wish the BradyGames e-guide came in a physical form. That or a better-formatted electronic version. The fact that I can't select click individual monsters or armor sets from the table of contents is crazy.

Okay, I am done with Rathalos at long last. Decided to stick it out after the armor for Brother Flames - Cha Cha got the last Flame Sac <3.

Then decided to play around and kill a Rathian and Quarecopo in a free hunt. Got a scale and made Wyvern Blade "Fire". Aw yeah, Longsword! Twas a good day to hunt!

Satch

Banned
there's got to be an alternative to steaks for maintaining stamina

my absolute least favorite thing to do is having to stop questing just to go gather raw meat

please tell me there's a less annoying way to go about this

there's got to be an alternative to steaks for maintaining stamina

my absolute least favorite thing to do is having to stop questing just to go gather raw meat

please tell me there's a less annoying way to go about this
Energy Drinks. You can farm the materials they need. They also cure sleepiness, so they're even more versatile!

I don't like energy drinks because they don't last as long as a good steak. I just occasionally hop into Moga Woods during herbivore breeding and slaughter a bunch of innocent aptonoths, then double-bbq some steaks at the start of a quest if I'm not dropped in front of a monster. I've also been giving Cha-Cha some grill mask training; the idiot still manages to ruin about half of my meat at level 3 mastery though.

jercruz

I lol'd at the rathalos mask... i tried it out with diablos and kayamba roared it out of hiding. later i was thinking how come I was being burned when i was hunting in tundra. turns out kayamba was raging and throwing mini-fireballs at everyone, including me :)

Thanks.

I really wish the BradyGames e-guide came in a physical form. That or a better-formatted electronic version. The fact that I can't select click individual monsters or armor sets from the table of contents is crazy.

Yeah, I'm fairly disappointed in it as well. I was really hoping for a really indepth guide. Like visual hitzone charts, tips, or a proper organization of lists (seriously, if I wanna look up a skill, there is no coherent order to the list).

Alex

I'm just about done with the basic pass, I'll probably not do so much for end game this time since I don't have friends with the system, twas a blast though. Little bummed about the nerfed difficulty but it doesn't sour me or anything.

Still, on that note, I really felt second gen was best for monster tuning (sans hitbox bullshit!). First gen was too rough, third was too weak, but second... second felt right, it wasn't frustrating but you felt challenged more often than not and it had some really great gating with some of the monsters and rank ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom