• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love moments when HR Pink Rathian, which was a fearsome monster a mere days ago, is now my lunch break hunt.

Technically, Pinky's not that fearsome compared to some other bad guys... but holy shit did I ever rage at her yesterday. I was farming for a couple of easy parts and it seemed that every single thing she did hit me in the face, no matter where I was. Cone fire breath - in the face. Tail whip - in the face. Air 720 kickflip + melon grab - IN THE FACE. It's like her hitbox spans the whole map. :(

there's got to be an alternative to steaks for maintaining stamina

my absolute least favorite thing to do is having to stop questing just to go gather raw meat

please tell me there's a less annoying way to go about this

There is a skill that prevents your stamina bar from getting shorter. Any items that boost stamina will require some kind of farming, though. You get a lot of meat from the harvest tour quests, so you won't have to go farm meat forever. I have like 5 stacks of raw meat and I haven't actually farmed for meat since the early quests.

vareon

Technically, Pinky's not that fearsome compared to some other bad guys... but holy shit did I ever rage at her yesterday. I was farming for a couple of easy parts and it seemed that every single thing she did hit me in the face, no matter where I was. Cone fire breath - in the face. Tail whip - in the face. Air 720 kickflip + melon grab - IN THE FACE. It's like her hitbox spans the whole map. :(

Yeah, it's moments like these that often caught me off-guard even fighting low-rank monsters. "I have monsters like you for breakfast, this should be easy" and then he didn't stop hitting at me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Damn Qurupeco capture quest! Dude was limping toward my trap, stopped ONE DAMNED STEP NEXT TO IT and flew away >_<

The two remaining quests I have in the three stars group are this one and a Lagiacrus fight, is the other one as hard as I fear?

Fistwell

feels good man
Hahaha! Definitely! But all the screaming and cursing aint making me popular with the neighbors I fear! :)

She hits hard and rages so much! <3 oinkian, such a fun fight.

How good is that mask? I'm pumped for it. How often does he shoot fireballs?
I stopped using it cause kayamba kept shooting my ass with it. ;_; shot my ass about as often as felynx cha-cha drops felyne bombs right in my face.
My minions hate me (and fucking suck).

What is everyone's Shakalaka setup for Jhen offline?

I lol'd at the rathalos mask... i tried it out with diablos and kayamba roared it out of hiding. later i was thinking how come I was being burned when i was hunting in tundra. turns out kayamba was raging and throwing mini-fireballs at everyone, including me :)
How good is that mask? I'm pumped for it. How often does he shoot fireballs?

DaBoss

I have a question for all newcomers who have MH3U as their first MH game.

Do you feel the demo is representative of the final game?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Beat Deviljho in Moga Village (easier than I thought!) is that it or can I unlock any more fights? Im HR 5 Online so its not like Im allergic to MP buuut I do like the health balance in Moga, haha.

DaBoss

I can tell you that my wife wanted me to buy this based off of the demo, and has loved both.

Now answer my question!

That's nice to hear, but doesn't necessarily answer my question. :p

As to answer your question, I don't really change masks because I'm too lazy to. So I sometimes have a Pitfall mask on Cha-Cha even though it's useless.

What I try to go for typically is:
Gatherer (got 2 Earth Dragongems this way)
Dragon Attack
Speedy Recovery

Though I keep it at that always for both Shakalakas

Beat Deviljho in Moga Village (easier than I thought!) is that it or can I unlock any more fights? Im HR 5 Online so its not like Im allergic to MP buuut I do like the health balance in Moga, haha.

Beat all quests and you'll unlock 'Mark of a Hero' and beat that and you'll unlock 'The Brilliant Darkness'.

What they hold should be a really hard challenge if you use High Rank gear.

Lyonaz

Yeah I have decided to make a male hunter tonight, I have 70 hours on my female hunter, decked in full Lagiacrus armor and with the Thunderclap Longsword. I should be able to get my new character up to that point in considerably less time. Guess I'll shoot for table 10 too.

ramyeon

I hate people that make rooms to raise their HR and then bail as soon as they complete their urgent. So selfish and rude.

But I got a Brachy gem and pallium in the one run so I can't complain.

Satch

Banned
i think my weapon-hate just boils down to needing EVERYBODY TO GET AWAY FROM ME

i was sharing azure rathalos tail with a hammer guy and kept getting launched... so i could never cut the tail

That's nice to hear, but doesn't necessarily answer my question. :p

As to answer your question, I don't really change masks because I'm too lazy to. So I sometimes have a Pitfall mask on Cha-Cha even though it's useless.

What I try to go for typically is:
Gatherer (got 2 Earth Dragongems this way)
Dragon Attack
Speedy Recovery

Though I keep it at that always for both Shakalakas
When do you get Speedy Recovery?

Also, if you just want to know whether the demo is literally representative of the final game, you know the answer is "no". Why ask?!

i think my weapon-hate just boils down to needing EVERYBODY TO GET AWAY FROM ME

i was sharing azure rathalos tail with a hammer guy and kept getting launched... so i could never cut the tail
Sounds like you want to gun.

ramyeon

Sick of being booted when the creator leaves or left alone in a battle so I made a room.

Anyone is free to join, I'm doing HR6.

free A> lobby 2> hr6 key

I don't know if the gamepad is uncomfortable or if the pro controller is too comfortable but, I can't dig off screen play. The screen looks smeared in butter too

Off-TV play is so half-assed. I can't do it. The text is too small to even see what potion I'm using unless I have the gamepad up to my face, which I can't do while holding a Pro controller, and uing the gamepad is a pain in the ass, because you have to use L and R to run and target or lose your target switch by using ZL and ZR. I'll just stick to the 3DS version for playing away from the TV.

SumGamer

Are all the items required for village improvement can be found by exiting the village on the right? I've racked up quire a bit of resource point but still can't find loads of items.

Off-TV play is so half-assed. I can't do it. The text is too small to even see what potion I'm using unless I have the gamepad up to my face, which I can't do while holding a Pro controller, and uing the gamepad is a pain in the ass, because you have to use L and R to run and target or lose your target switch by using ZL and ZR. I'll just stick to the 3DS version for playing away from the TV.

It's strange that you can't just swap R/L with Zr/Zl. That'd improve things so much

Neki

also, the captain has been stuck in my town for like at least ten missions now with a departing date of 3 days, do the days only go down when you do a mission that is brand new?

vareon

also, the captain has been stuck in my town for like at least ten missions now with a departing date of 3 days, do the days only go down when you do a mission that is brand new?

Have this problem, too. Hunted Brachydios like 5 times in the village and he does not move.

Fistwell

Have this problem, too. Hunted Brachydios like 5 times in the village and he does not move.
Oh noes! Half-price store! Commodity trade available anytime! ;)

What's the issue? Needing him to visit a different place, or is he not giving you the dialog for late SP hunts?

Septimius

Hahaha, my girlfriend has had the Moga Village song stuck on her head for the last two days straight. Seems I have been playing the game quite a lot.

I've been playing(so alone, I wish the 3ds version had online)

I'm HR2 and finished some village quests and got to the Barioth, I murdered him around 7 times and could make his armor and lance, it's pretty cool

2B6rS

I'll get to G rank someday ._.

beje

Banned
The Crimson Qurupeco mission in the village is utter bullshit. It ALWAYS summons Deviljho, and dung bombs half of the times will not make it go away. It´s fucking impossible.

Fistwell

The Crimson Qurupeco mission in the village is utter bullshit. It ALWAYS summons Deviljho, and dung bombs half of the times will not make it go away. It´s fucking impossible.
Try felyne dung master food skill maybe. Throw some at Quru if jho isn't moving. If all else fails, paint both, wait in the next area and practice patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom