• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

Moga Woods at night is becoming a horror show.
Pink Rathian is bad enough, but now I've got bullfangos bumping my buttocks at the same time? Sigh.

ryz

I've beaten offline Ivory Lagiacrus a while ago and decided to finish all of the village quests, to unlock Mark of the Hero. Beginning with the LR quests, one of them was Ceadeus / The Decisive Battle. I've used one of my best HR LS, hit him for the full 30 minutes like a madman, but still only managed to beat him in the last minute. What the fuck was going on?

Disguises

I've beaten offline Ivory Lagiacrus a while ago and decided to finish all of the village quests, to unlock Mark of the Hero. Beginning with the LR quests, one of them was Ceadeus / The Decisive Battle. I've used one of my best HR LS, but still only managed to beat him in the last minute. What the fuck was going on?
Did you use the ballistas and dragonator?

I'm about 35 hours in, and I am only HR3. I had two questions.

(1) Are there any "set bonuses" for completing a set of armor?

(2) How can I tell whether something is a GAF server or not in the wild? Is there some sort of clue? And what would the pws be for these rooms.

Mupod

yesterday's attempt at getting materials for a gunner set was a huge bust, not one diablos hardhorn or narga mantle. Oh well, I had fun. I got a feeling I'll get something good today.

Since I haven't used a gunner set in a while I'm going for something heavy on the survivability.

Evade+1
Guts
Sneak
Evade Extender
Pierce Up

and the Lucent Narga HBG, already got a moonshard. I can do this with my existing charms and I don't really need all that much stuff, just 3 narga mantles and common materials from Silver Rathalos. Funny thing is I had just used 2 mantles on the blademaster set before I decided to do this. D'oh. At least Lucent has a pretty high droprate of them so yesterday should have been a fluke.

branny

The off-TV functionality is a bust, so it's back to the 3DS version for me.

If I have to choose between ZL/ZR comfort and the target cam, I'm not going to bother. This game needs full button remap functionality, not some stupidly redundant L/R mirroring.

I was so excited for the patch, too. I wanted something prettier to stare at for the next 200 hours.

edit: looked at the past few pages and feel better that you guys are just as disappointed ;_;

You guys have a second stick and still use target cam on the Wii U version?

what'swrongwithyou.gif
Lol, the target cam does an easy 180 degrees without me needing to physically turn my character first for a camera snap. I love it for super fast mid-roll readjustment. Using both in tandem is great and why I prefer the Wii U version's controls, but I'm fine on 3DS most of the time with simply the target cam (and shit virtual d-pad, I guess). Best new addition to the series, imo. :)

Disguises

]blacky[;54149094 said:
Erm, you cannot play Off-Screen without switching on your television first and go to the menu? Are they stupid at Capcom?
No. At the main menu, choose options, game options or something like that. The option is in there before you start the game and also doesn't require a TV.

I'm about 35 hours in, and I am only HR3. I had two questions.

(1) Are there any "set bonuses" for completing a set of armor?

(2) How can I tell whether something is a GAF server or not in the wild? Is there some sort of clue? And what would the pws be for these rooms.
1. When you complete a set you enough points to activate all sorts of skills.

2. Free 3 > Lobby 9 > Quote to see the password.

]blacky[;54149094 said:
Erm, you cannot play Off-Screen without switching on your television first and go to the menu? Are they stupid at Capcom?
Let me not get banned.

Options > Game Settings before loading your save file.

Haunted

blacky[;54149094]Erm, you cannot play Off-Screen without switching on your television first and go to the menu? Are they stupid at Capcom?
Startup menu displays on the gamepad, you go into the options and select Type 2 from there.

burgerdog

What the hell, Wii U just hard locked on me during Lucent Narga with this horrible beeping noise.

OMG ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE.
It's a joke, I got a lot of that in my thread

Anyway, this patch is amazing. Watching Hulu on ps3 and charm hunting on Wii U.

Rasan4eva

Neo Member
Just soloed my first hallowed jhen mohran. Thought i wasn't gonna make it, since the fucker glitched and couldn't hit it with the dragonator.

I'm at the time of day when I really, really can't sit at this desk anymore. I want that damn bird DEAD. NOW.

I'll let you all know when the deed is done...if this workday ever ends.

ryz

Same attack, but less HP so yes, it is easier in a sense, but its just scaled appropriately.

Well, figures, especially the HP part. But are you guys SURE that the attack damage is the same?

Because yesterday i tried "Brachydios Mio" with my girlfriend and brachy basically one-shotted (it was at least massive damage) me at one point. Just beaten him in the solo port without any hassle (also got a few times).

Is my mind playing tricks on me?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You guys have a second stick and still use target cam on the Wii U version?

what'swrongwithyou.gif

It's handy underwater for realigning vertically since I still believe Control Type 1 offers no way to quickly go up or down.

It's a bit less handy on land but sometimes I'm lazy and just want to push a button to see where the monster's gone instead of swinging the camera around eyes-wide like a drunken lunatic.

DaBoss

Well, figures, especially the HP part. But are you guys SURE that the attack damage is the same?

Because yesterday i tried "Brachydios Mio" with my girlfriend and brachy basically one-shotted (it was at least massive damage) me at one point. Just beaten him in the solo port without any hassle (also got a few times).

Is my mind playing tricks on me?

Well, you could have been covered in slime when it one-shotted you?

I'm not exactly sure about the validity of the claim, but that is what someone else said in the thread.

It's handy underwater for realigning vertically since I still believe Control Type 1 offers no way to quickly go up or down.

It's a bit less handy on land but sometimes I'm lazy and just want to push a button to see where the monster's gone instead of swinging the camera around eyes-wide like a drunken lunatic.

Hold B and then move left stick up or down.

I find a second stick to be easier for underwater in Tri. On Land I only keep it on one vertical position so it only is used to turn the camera left or right.

chrono01

So I hit G-Rank online last night [finally!] so I have a lot of armor options to consider.

I'm a Great Sword user and this is my current set-up:

Blue Wing/Dios Blade+

Diablos Helm S
Diablo Mail S
Diablos Vambraces S
Diablos Coil S
Diablos Greaves S

Talisman - +6 Sheathing/-4 Stun

Skills:

Focus
Quick Sheath
Critical Eye+2
Tremor Resistance

I have the armor upgraded as much as I currently can, but I know I'll want to replace it soon. What should be the first G-Rank armor a GS user should go for? I know Diablos X is pretty much my ideal set, but I'm not sure if I can [or should] hold out until then...

I'll also do some Charm Faming today, now that I have G-Rank Volcano available.

So I hit G-Rank online last night [finally!] so I have a lot of armor options to consider.

I'm a Great Sword user and this is my current set-up:

Blue Wing/Dios Blade+

Diablos Helm S
Diablo Mail S
Diablos Vambraces S
Diablos Coil S
Diablos Greaves S

Talisman - +6 Sheathing/-4 Stun

Skills:

Focus
Quick Sheath
Critical Eye+2
Tremor Resistance

I have the armor upgraded as much as I currently can, but I know I'll want to replace it soon. What should be the first G-Rank armor a GS user should go for? I know Diablos X is pretty much my ideal set, but I'm not sure if I can [or should] hold out until then...

I'll also do some Charm Faming today, now that I have G-Rank Volcano available.

A good GS set (or a good armor set in general) is Helios/Selene Z with the Helios/Selene X waist. Gives you High Grade Earplugs and Sharpness +1, while taking out Blunt Edge. You can mess around with gems and a talisman to get Tremor Resist + Focus.

Edit: crap, I meant to merge this post with my previous one. My bad for the double post.

chrono01

A good GS set (or a good armor set in general) is Helios/Selene Z with the Helios/Selene X waist. Gives you High Grade Earplugs and Sharpness +1, while taking out Blunt Edge. You can mess around with gems and a talisman to get Tremor Resist + Focus.

Edit: crap, I meant to merge this post with my previous one. My bad for the double post.

Thanks so much for your input!

That sounds like a definite plan. It doesn't hurt that the Helios Z armor looks incredible too. I see no reason why I shouldn't go for it!

It appears as though I have many G. Ceadeus battles in my near future...

NeoRausch

opened a room, cause the other was full.

3FreeC Lobby 9. Standard password.

edit:

eugh, double post.... sorry
why is nobody posting?

edit2:

room vanished.

Lyonaz

Made a new male hunter, Charm Table 10 verified. It only took me like 45 mins, not bad!

Now, I'm considering buying the 3DS version too. This game is like crack. Guess I'll save a lot of money on random games then. Although Fire Emblem comes tomorrow on the EU eShop. Fun Fun Fun!

Sakura

Is the word kill censored in the American version? I was playing online with my European friend for the first time today, and he was saying things like **** quest or we have to **** (monster's name) and I was confused. But he was saying the word "kill", and he said it isn't censored in his European version... Is there a way to turn off the chat filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom