• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Is the word kill censored in the American version? I was playing online with my European friend for the first time today, and he was saying things like **** quest or we have to **** (monster's name) and I was confused. But he was saying the word "kill", and he said it isn't censored in his European version... Is there a way to turn off the chat filter?

Yes, it's censored and no way to turn it off. They somehow managed to find a dumber word to censor than 'after', apparently it's unacceptable language in a game about killing monsters.

It's resulted in some amusing situations like 'I've ****ed 30 Diablos today'. I just gave up and use the mic now

Korezo

Anyone have a crazy armor set for kelbi bow? I already have a Awaken charm so don't need Giggex X armor. I'm hoping better set ups are possible than giggex set with free element 7 charm.

DaBoss

Holy crap, the video that plays when you get
the ultimate mask
is hilarious. It's (almost) literally
the MH3 intro/video with Cha-Cha and Kayamba shopped in

Haha I know, I found it pretty funny.

Anyone have a crazy armor set for kelbi bow? I already have a Awaken charm so don't need Giggex X armor. I'm hoping better set ups are possible than giggex set with free element 7 charm.

Try looking around here:
http://mhag.info/mhtriu/main.htm#tabs-4

burgerdog

the ultimate mask

I just watched this a few moments ago, too, hilarious. Ooh, the credits are playing now.

beje

Banned
Forget Peco, I'd rather fight 3 of them at the same time than farming RC2 Gigginox by myself. That's 20 minutes worth of pain, frustration and swearing.

chrono01

This game is a danger to my backlog.

I was in the middle of Fire Emblem Awakening. BAM! Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate arrived.

I was also in the process of playing through Tomb Raider. KABOOM! Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate arrived on the scene.

In just a week or so I've sunk more than 100 hours into this, and I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. This was my first Monster Hunter, and I heard it was addictive, but I didn't know how much.

Now I know, and it is too late for me. It has me in its claws and will not let me go. Honestly, I'm not so sure I want it to...

Haunted

I definitely feel that the solo Port Tanzia monsters have more HP and hit harder than their village equivalents.

So when people have HR's of like 50, what exactly is going on there? I assume it has something to do with "G" rank? When does that start?
Once you reach a certain point after HR8, the ranks "unlock" and then it depends on the HR points you have accumulated thus far through doing quests. HR increases faster from then on.

G-Rank follows after High Rank and starts at HR6.

Kyzon

Ohhhhhhhhh Yes! Thank God for this terrible weather! I can play more Monster Hunter.

Also I purchased a digital copy of the game so I can play on my wii u (online), while letting my girlfriend use my disk in her wii u.

I know this has likely been answered(probably multiple times) in this thread but can someone please tell me clearly how you get the HUD(map, health/stamina bars, etc...) to show up on the Gamepad for Off Tv play???

If it's in the OP, make fun of me and make light of that.

Rize_21

the ultimate mask
It reminded me
Dragon's Dogma
minus the comic side,absolutely brilliant.Capcom is great for this.

Anyone knows when the guild card becomes golden?I guess it may be once you reach a very high rank(as it was the case in the previous MH),but I am unsure about it.

burgerdog

I know this has likely been answered(probably multiple times) in this thread but can someone please tell me clearly how you get the HUD(map, health/stamina bars, etc...) to show up on the Gamepad for Off Tv play???

If it's in the OP, make fun of me and make light of that.

Set the game back to type 1, press - to bring up the menu and customize gamepad. Send everything to the trash can and hit ok. Set game back to type 2.

Just had my best run ever, beat an Azure Rathalos in under 10 minutes using a Rimeblossom and no items(including whetstones!). Purple spirit the whole game, knocked him down about 6 times in the first 5 minutes.

Even got a Ruby! ^_^

Hopefully you are not planning to use this set online, unless you create a Kelbi Bow room, of course.

I've just obtained HR3 and the game has opened up like MAD. I've built up a bunch of DLC quests and was wondering if any two hunters might mind joining me and a buddy to wreck Colorful Beasts a little later tonight? We're not super geared, we're hoping for a slight leg up from the Switch Axe before we get down to the crunch. Just checking now before I head home from work.

Not only would it be appreciated, but I'll totally Prance for you.

Ghost23

So I hit G-Rank online last night [finally!] so I have a lot of armor options to consider.

I'm a Great Sword user and this is my current set-up:

Blue Wing/Dios Blade+

Diablos Helm S
Diablo Mail S
Diablos Vambraces S
Diablos Coil S
Diablos Greaves S

Talisman - +6 Sheathing/-4 Stun

Skills:

Focus
Quick Sheath
Critical Eye+2
Tremor Resistance

I have the armor upgraded as much as I currently can, but I know I'll want to replace it soon. What should be the first G-Rank armor a GS user should go for? I know Diablos X is pretty much my ideal set, but I'm not sure if I can [or should] hold out until then...

I'll also do some Charm Faming today, now that I have G-Rank Volcano available.

EDIT: Just read the end of your post. Can't you obtain all the materials for Diablos X at HR 7?

chrono01

EDIT: Just read the end of your post. Can't you obtain all the materials for Diablos X at HR 7?

Thanks for the comment.

Hmm, is that so? I had figured the parts would come later into G-Rank but it appears as though you are correct. That's a lot earlier than I had anticipated!

I think I'll still focus on getting the Helios Z armor to begin [since G. Ceadeus is relatively easy, albeit boring, and good for easy Zenny] and then once that's done focus on getting the Diablos X set. It doesn't hurt to have multiple armor sets, after all. :)

Unfortunately I don't have G-Rank Volcano available for farming, so Charm searching will have to wait until a bit later.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm at the time of day when I really, really can't sit at this desk anymore. I want that damn bird DEAD. NOW.

I'll let you all know when the deed is done...if this workday ever ends.
I am loving the saga of your attempts to kill Peco, haha. Can't wait til you do it!

DoubleTap

I enjoyed seeing the C. Peco I first encountered, finished off by the very creature it called. I was cornered and was just trying to roll out of the way then BAM. Good times.

I've gotten 3 Rathalos plates from Cha-Cha, what should I use them for?

My currently used equipment for reference:

Rath Heart/Soul Armor(wind res, razor sharp, critical eye +1)
Rimeblossom(upgrading to Hidden Saber next)
Blazing Falchion

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54176112]I've gotten 3 Rathalos plates from Cha-Cha, what should I use them for?

My currently used equipment for reference:

Rath Heart/Soul Armor(wind res, razor sharp, critical eye +1)
Rimeblossom(upgrading to Hidden Saber next)
Blazing Falchion[/QUOTE]

weapons. You can always get better armor.

Beats

Made a room in Free C > Lobby 9 > "gaf grank" if anyone wants to join. usual password.

I'm up for anything.

edit: disbanded. lol

Haunted

Just saw them do a Mini-Qurupeco quest on Capcom's twitch stream.

w4VwMLf.gif

Actually, I love those miniature monster models with the fucked up hitboxes (lol). Didn't know there was a new DLC quest out!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Bf was trying to get sharqskin with the harpoon for about two hours - he was swearing at the game, taking random quests on the Island just for the chance of a drop. I go out to Moga - first shark I find, I get it on the first carve and Return to Village. LOL.

Paid me back though when I was going pelagicite ore hunting and got next to nothing. I swear it senses what you want and says "Nope".

Paid me back though when I was going pelagicite ore hunting and got next to nothing. I swear it senses what you want and says "Nope".

I've pretty much gotten everything I needed on the next quest that I needed them. I needed 3 A.Rathalos Tails and had two, and my little buddy picked one up for me. I wasn't sure if I should grind for a gem or not, and the game gave me one on top of the tail so I got to make two parts instead of one ^_^

I also happened to have exactly enough parts for the decorations to fill in my skill gaps.

DaBoss

Bf was trying to get sharqskin with the harpoon for about two hours - he was swearing at the game, taking random quests on the Island just for the chance of a drop. I go out to Moga - first shark I find, I get it no the first carve and Return to Village. LOL.

Desire sensor seems to favor me when I feel confident I will get it.

King 'los just had himself some max flavored breakfast. First time in 30+ hours I get carted twice, ended up capturing him with 1:31 left on the clock, I'm thinking it's time I upgrade my equipment lol

jercruz

so last night I noticed I have most a.los armour set minus 2 a.los tails.

easy enough, i cut the tail, then kart 3 times. cool!

1st quest i cut tail, i carve, i get a rathalos plate... okkkkaaaaay.

2nd quest i cut tail, i carve, i get another rathalos plate... hey!

after that i was lucky that cha-cha carved 1 a.los tail. one more to go!

3rd quest i cut tail, i carve, i get another rathalos plate...

I got the last a.los tail on the next quest.

desire sensor! Y U hate me?!

DaBoss

so last night I noticed I have most a.los armour set minus 2 a.los tails.

easy enough, i cut the tail, then kart 3 times. cool!

1st quest i cut tail, i carve, i get a rathalos plate... okkkkaaaaay.

2nd quest i cut tail, i carve, i get another rathalos plate... hey!

after that i was lucky that cha-cha carved 1 a.los tail. one more to go!

3rd quest i cut tail, i carve, i get another rathalos plate...

I got the last a.los tail on the next quest.

desire sensor! Y U hate me?!

Did you not get it through the quest rewards every time? If so, that is really unlucky.

Epic Monster Hunter was EPIC last night. I'm sure someone will TL;DR this, but I had to share, because it was one of the best gaming moments I've had.

It all started with my friends Dave, Matt, and I trying to get into the same room. This kept failing, because we kept calling the room Dios Farm, so it would fill up really quick. The urgent quest between HR6 and HR7 is double Dios, and not like, one after the other. Both, at the same time, both with full health. The idea in making the room open was that we'd probably get a really high HR person in there, and four would be easier than three. Well, that DID happen, but as I said, too fast, because it ended up with Dave and I in the room, and two HR 40+ guys, before Matt could get into the room. So Dave was all, "I want to do a run with them." and Matts like, "That's balls." and I'm like, "Hey Matt, I bet we can do this with just the two of us." Dave laughs. Matt and I decide to try this.

So it has to be noted that the double Dios fight isn't in the Volcano area. It's in the Tundra. And the Tundra is known for its areas with very tight spaces. This makes fighting Dios harder than usual. So we go in. Immediately I realize that I've forgotten to bring hot drinks. So that's poor. Luckily my Purple Ludroth armor, while not totally negating the effect of the cold, is somewhat keeping it at bay. I figure that I can hold off with it until supplies get delivered. So we go and find one and start fighting him. It's going OK. Matt asks, "Hey, is your Cha Cha set up to heal." This is the part where I remember that my Kayamba is who I have set up for heals and buffs. This was also the part where Matt goes, "Wait, where is my Kayamaba?" This was all less than five minutes in. So as you can see, we are off to an amazing start.

So we fight, the other one shows up and we make him go away. We're doing OK. Then, the bullshit combo. So, while G-rank Dios doesn't have any new moves, when he is enraged he will actually combo the moves he does have. So he'll punch you, which staggers you back, immediately quick lick, jump explosion attack, followed by the horn down directional fire. As a blademaster with 500+ defense and a max life bar, it eats about 2/3 of my health. So you can only imagine what happens when this combo hits a gunner. Death one. At this point, we're still fighting the first one, and it's 20 minutes in.

The other one shows up again, and one of us gets caught up in double Dios bullshit. Death two. Matt has gone through 17 Mega Potions. I go get supplies, including barrel bombs that were in the box. This is where having Cha-Cha in the Felyne mask became useful, because Matt used sleep shots on the one we'd been fighting, got him to go to sleep. I placed two bombs, and inexplicably Cha-Cha was like, "I'M HELPING!" and set up a bomb too. So three bombs to a sleeping Dios. He wakes up and limps away. Now, walking into the area he went to, I actually say, "OK, let’s get the kill on him so we actually get some carves, since we're down two deaths already." The first thing I do when I get into the area? Set up a trap, and we cap him. To which I immediately go, "Why did we just do that? I even said we should kill it, then I'm the one that traps it. Go me." So 30 minutes gone, and I'm like, we're going to have nothing to show for all this time. I hand Matt a few first-aid meds before proceeding to find the other Dios. We make a pact to essentially leave whenever he gets enraged. We do this to pretty great effect, the problem being time. He stays enraged so much that it just eats into the remaining time we have. I pitfall trapped it pretty early though, so we got a good 20 seconds of just wailing on him. Matt also paralyzed it once and shock trapped it another, though the shock trap went down right before he decided to enrage, so we didn't get as much time as possible on that one.

So we fight, fight, fight. Matt runs out of all healing, we're down to 10 minutes. I tell him he has to go back to heal. this eats around 3 minutes of time. When he gets back, I've managed to enrage Dios. 5 minutes left. Matt had left the area because he was in an entrance and got charged, so it was his safest move. I knock Dios down. Matt comes in and puts a shock trap down. At this point, we're just trying to unload everything we can into him. He gets up from being knocked down....and I see him LIMP. He limps into the trap! I'm like, "Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God" and rapidly switch my inventory item....

to dung bombs

and I throw two things of poop on him

However, since it was dung, after the trap, he just decides he is going to leave anyway. So we have three minutes left. Matt brought mats to make another trap. He's at half health. We enter the area. I run under Dios and lay into him. Matt gets close and puts the trap down...and Dios enrages. Trap went down, however. We stand, eye to eye with enraged Dios, who doesn't do the quick lick but the one where he walks towards you and pounds the ground. Pound one, pound two, trapped. Tranq boms. Captured. We win.

In addition, after this run, we ran it a few more times. The desire sensor must have been broken, because on the second run, while starting a carve I said, "GIVE ME A BRACHYDIOS PALLIUM!" and message pops up, "You got a Brachydios Pallium." Then I got another in the reward box too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom