• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

is it worth it to give up like like the only sliver of blue sharpness on a sword for a new sword with 80 more attack? I've been stuck with the same sword for so long :(

I really think that Hidden Saber + Rath Soul gear is my ideal combo. I hate grinding, so one weapon that works on everything but doesn't look like shit like slime weapons is perfect. 60% affinity AWW YEAH

Plus, I'm forced to grind out the items that didn't fall into my lap because I have to wait for Argosy to show up to trigger the next 9* quests. So I'll wind up doing Azure Rath and Nargacuga like 5 times each.

Pastry

Banned
Just got this for my 3DS, first MH game. So far I haven't done much other than experiment with some of the weapons. Is there some sort of starter guide somewhere to help me get the hang of things?

Haunted

I heard they nerfed solo content difficulty... so I think I might just aim for multiplayer only.
It does seem easier than MHTri, but I'm not sure if that's due to my experience or because they actually made it easier.

That said, the Mark of a Hero quest pretty much just made me its bitch. I'll eat my Jaggi Cap if those aren't G-Rank monsters.

Can I just say how AMAZING this game looks on the GamePad? Might I say even better than on my LED Full HD TV?

I was fighting Gobul and wow, just wow, he looks soooo good, especially on land. And because of the small screen textures look much better.

I LOVE IT <3

I don't get it, are you saying people shouldn't use bow online? Because Kelbi with right set up is one of the strongest weapons in the game.
You said it yourself, it's overpowered and broken. :)

Chuckpebble

Just got this for my 3DS, first MH game. So far I haven't done much other than experiment with some of the weapons. Is there some sort of starter guide somewhere to help me get the hang of things?

A month ago, I'd have recommended Social Dissonance, but this guy ProJared came from out of nowhere with some great intro videos:

Beginner's Guide to Monster Hunter Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Farmed G Rank Jhen with burger - got lots of gems and sphires. The Worldseer's Bounty bow wrecks Jhen. I had the Zinogre Z armor set with Dragon Attack +2, Focus, Peak Performance, Evasion +1 and Load Up (activates Pierce Level 5 on my bow).

It's a really good bow:

300 attack, 280 dragon, +20 defense
Wide, Rapid L3, Pierce L3, Spread L4, Pierce L5

burgerdog

Can I just say how AMAZING this game looks on the GamePad? Might I say even better than on my LED Full HD TV?

It looks nowhere near as good as it does on my 1080p, not even close. Colors are much richer on my tv, and you really can't beat 1080p, i think the gamepad is 480p so that's a huge difference. Either way, I'll be spending the majority of the time on the gamepad now, my TV is finally free for sports and shows.

burgerdog

Farmed G Rank Jhen with burger - got lots of gems and sphires. The Worldseer's Bounty bow wrecks Jhen. I had the Zinogre Z armor set with Dragon Attack +2, Focus, Peak Performance, Evasion +1 and Load Up (activates Pierce Level 5 on my bow).

It's a really good bow:

300 attack, 280 dragon, +20 defense
Wide, Rapid L3, Pierce L3, Spread L4, Pierce L5

It died ~7 minutes faster when you used the bow, so yep I now want one, too. I have the armor and I'm I should have the items to make the bow, cheers!

Kyou

I gotta say, Duramboros is a dumbass...

it's so cute :3

H8QIenP.jpg

Anyone have a crazy armor set for kelbi bow? I already have a Awaken charm so don't need Giggex X armor. I'm hoping better set ups are possible than giggex set with free element 7 charm.

Late but screw it.
Honestly the Giggi X armor is probably the best for the Kelbi bow, if you wanna be uber teh OP and all. If not, then obviously you have the main skill that you want, I know I'd rock the crap out of Chakra if I had a +7 Awakening charm. Sadly I only have a +3 even available to me, Charm Table 9 and all. :/

Who am I kidding I rock Chakra anyway. Just have some pants for some extra poison.
But I'm pretty sure that the entire Gigginox series of armors are, at least in my opinion, the best for gunners in general.

L Thammy

Are dual swords really this simple or am I going about it the wrong way? Press R to go into Demon Mode, then just use the X+A attack.

Are dual swords really this simple or am I going about it the wrong way? Press R to go into Demon Mode, then just use the X+A attack.

X+A attack has a really long animation, so its best used when you are in a safe position to do so. I usually like to do combinations of X and A of varying lengths, depending on how long I can be attacking the monster.

DaBoss

So does breaking horns not 100% getting it at the reward screen?

I just want your horns for a helmet lagiacrus. :(

Nope, it isn't guaranteed.

How do you unlock the rest of the nine star quests? It says to talk to the Argosy Captain but he's not there.

You'll have to get Argosy to come back from his trip. To do that, the quickest way is to go to Moga Woods for 2 minutes, and then come back to the village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom