• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Getting this a big, fat, two days early. CAN NOT WAIT.

I remember when MH3 came out, we were actually localizing the US version at the time and after 12 hour crazy work days, we'd go home and...play the JP version online. LOL.

Working on different crazy projects this time around, but still planning to end each day with a nice big serving of MONHAN baby. :D
You know if our characters are transferable or we start from scratch?

Is this the first portable entry with native online play? I'm not talking about Ad Hoc; I'm talking about direct online like Mario Kart 7 where go can just choose online and boom, there you go. Or is there another game that does it?

Anyways, with online, I'd imagine this will be released outside of Japan. However, if we look at Bravely Default localization, they might localize MH4G some time later instead of the original release.

DaBoss

What's ironic is how underwhelming western sales are for Tri Ultimate. This is the perfect proof of how little Gaf's opinions matter :p

~150K+for the 3DS version in the US seems all right to me.

Is this the first portable entry with native online play? I'm not talking about Ad Hoc; I'm talking about direct online like Mario Kart 7 where go can just choose online and boom, there you go. Or is there another game that does it?

With online, I'd imagine this will be released outside of Japan. However, if we look at Bravely Default localization, they might localize MH4G some time later instead of the original release.

Yea it is.

Zornica

Banned
Quoting myself from last month:

foto08118is9t.jpg

my purchase is ready!

can't wait until next week to play with you guys.

(I guess I can't use the pre paid card until next saturday, right?)

Garou

my purchase is ready!

Yes, if you enter the code now it just says that there's nothing to download right now.

Alrus

Any clue when west will get a release date? If it's long tempting to get the Japanese version....

Hmm, doubt we'll get an announcement this year as MH3U hasn't even been out for a year... Also depends what's their plan for a western release is going to be. If it involves a Wii U HD port again we might have to wait a long time.

DMiz

Still salty that Chacha and Kayamba aren't back for another adventure. Hopefully they'll be swapped in for the G version, but highly anticipating this release Stateside!

kuppy

Wish you lots of enjoyment, Japan.
Will wait till it comes over, awesome game, hype. Great Direct today.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed in hope of a faster relocation to the west this time! MY XL IS READY, Nintcom.

kuppy

And 2DS sales.

Oh, that reminds me that I have a question regarding the 3D. So this game was build for the 3DS therefore the 3D effect could be much better, is it though? And is there again added AA if you play in 2D? In MH3U I decided to fully go with 2D because the 3D effect wasn't worth it and AA was much needed.

zroid

Banned
my purchase is ready!

Oh cool, the Eevee XL! :eek:

One of these days.... I might import one of these crazy special editions Japan always gets.

Insaniac

are the monsters listed in the OT ALL the monsters confirmed on MH4, or are there more that will still possibly show up?

Mupod

are the monsters listed in the OT ALL the monsters confirmed on MH4, or are there more that will still possibly show up?

I can pretty much guarantee there will be more. At the very least there will be a 'final boss' that they won't show before release. Like Dire Miralis, Alatreon, and Amatsu-whatsisname from portable 3rd.

This version is already uncharacteristically generous of Capcom, but once we finally get all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now 4th gen monsters in one huge-ass game it'll be amazing.

And shit while I won't miss underwater combat at all, I don't want to deal with water-camping Plessy anymore.

isual

hahaha. Japan Gaf,

do all the work and kill the new monsters for us, then update the OP with tips on how to kill em . Would make a great OT

SuperSah

Banned
omg.

DAT LINK ARMOR SET. =D

It's like a Zelda game in itself! I expect more DLC ones to come along.

EU/US PLS. ;____;

muu

Got 12k yen in credits on my 3ds for this and project mirai 2. They better not have region locked online purchases, it's worked fine up to now.

Ridley327

GeJ6sjK.jpg

Come on, Jho! *fingers crossed*

Was he never officially revealed via scan for 3?

Yeah, I seem to recall that he was a surprise that was kept until release, since he was such a random element to High Rank hunts in Tri.

Also, :lol @ Diablos bailing out in that pic. You better believe that Black Diablos wouldn't put up with Joe's crap.

Cerity

Summary of the ND? I saw the Link and Mario Bros. videos but what else was said?

Talking about the online lobby, you can choose a monster you want to hunt and the game will match up other people wanting to hunt the same.

There's a fight with the garara ajara and they explain some of it's attacks. You can jump in the middle of a lance charge now it seems as well.

They show a little more about the monster mounting mechanic.

Someone who actually speaks japanese will have to explain that Q&A session. It seems to be some basic questions like "Is piggy still around" to some design decisions about the game.

With the link items, you also get the boomerang. It also looks like the sword deals fire damage.

Kind of glad this isn't hitting the U.S. yet. My life would completely disappear if I had this, FFXIV, and the start of the NFL season.

Mupod

Talking about the online lobby, you can choose a monster you want to hunt and the game will match up other people wanting to hunt the same.

I haven't watched the direct yet, but on that subject I am VERY curious about 4's online improvements. MH3U's online was pretty crude but it was a tacked-on afterthought, I would hope MH4's online is much more fleshed-out. I definitely want to know if it uses the event quest system from the portable games (download them anytime and play whenever) vs the 'rotating server-wide events' of the mainline console titles. The former was far more convenient but the latter had fun effects on the community. Like 'claw day' or Jhen week.

CTLance

Want. Want want want want.

Looks great.... even if I think the felyne Mario+Luigi costumes are the stuff of nightmares.

Gonna live vicariously through you, Japan-GAF. Hunt, you mofos. Hunt like you've never hunted before. And post about it. That last step is important.

Top Bottom