• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Getting this a big, fat, two days early. CAN NOT WAIT.

I remember when MH3 came out, we were actually localizing the US version at the time and after 12 hour crazy work days, we'd go home and...play the JP version online. LOL.

Working on different crazy projects this time around, but still planning to end each day with a nice big serving of MONHAN baby. :D

John we must trade info for some glorious hunting action! :D

------

Also figured Id post it in here. Ill be having one extra physical copy arriving at my place and since I managed to snag the special アイル 3DS LL that comes with the game, wont need the extra copy. Order is already locked in so figured would see if any fellow gaffer would be interested in purchasing it. Am located in Tokyo. Anyways if someone is let me know and just in case if folks are not familiar with the 3DS and such, the game unfortunately is region locked to JP 3DSes. For those who are overseas.

Ill have to wait for it to arrive and look at the invoice to see how much it will be. Though I generally dont mark stuff up to make a profit, just as long as the price of the product + shipping is covered thats good enough for me. Also the PP fees for anyone who does do paypal.

Tenbatsu

Apparently the game is out already :p

Ly8ZaeP.jpg

uTU6O3a.jpg

HtDMNVy.jpg

ranmafan

Seeing those pictures makes the wait for Saturday even longer. Wish I didn't have to work then but I do. I really hope my package from e-capcom will be at home when I finish that day. I want to play bad!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I remember when MH3 came out, we were actually localizing the US version at the time and after 12 hour crazy work days, we'd go home and...play the JP version online. LOL.

Working on different crazy projects this time around, but still planning to end each day with a nice big serving of MONHAN baby. :D

I'm going to try and make it to Otaru on the Thursday of TGS. We should trade MonHan guild cards and whatnot.

If you guys aren't localizing this one, then I guess it really isn't coming out in the West. Damn.

Alrighties, gonna try to just walk in and buy it. D/L is my last resort.

Saturday is taking forever to get here.. I'll probably chill at a cafe for the whole day playing it. Where are my Osaka people?

For the time being I'm just staring at empty wikis.

Anura

Bad, horrible, terrible news MH4 Gaf! Rajang seems to have gotten an azuros like pin but instead of shaking you he is strangling and crushing you with his bare hands and watching with gleeful blood lust as you gasp for air...

We're doomed!

HAlso... multiplayer! I know 3DS isn't region-free (god damnit), but would the Japanese version work with an eventual western release? Both locally and online? This is a major deciding factor because I have Hunter bros for life who would be much happier with an English version.

Some 3DS have region locked local multiplayer (Mario Kart 7), some 3DS games have region free local multiplayer (Animal Crossing: New Leaf), Wii U version of MH3G has partial region lock online multiplayer, some 3DS games have region free online multiplayer (Kid Icarus: Uprising / Mario Kart 7)… there is no rule.

Mr. Fix

Bad, horrible, terrible news MH4 Gaf! Rajang seems to have gotten an azuros like pin but instead of shaking you he is strangling and crushing you with his bare hands and watching with gleeful blood lust as you gasp for air...

We're doomed!

Legit? Hype!

Now someone just needs to confirm Jho. It's been what, a day since it leaked? That's more than enough time!

Mondriaan

I really hope that if you instant guard over a gathering spot, that the game prioritizes guarding over gathering. I feel like I'm hoping for too much, though.

Zornica

Banned
so...
are all of the old weapons going to return in 4? additional to the 2 new ones ofc.

do we know which ones are definitely going to be present in 4?

Sarcasm

I need to get a Japan Unit to play this correctly?

Which means I lose out on other games since I really don't read JP.

(Don't really need to read it to play MH heh)

Peru

If you guys aren't localizing this one, then I guess it really isn't coming out in the West. Damn.

The Wii version, which I assume he's talking about, of the original MH3 came out in NA only 7-8 months after the JP version. The 3DS version came out 1 year and 3 months later. If the latter is the kind of time we'll be waiting they wouldn't already be working on localization, methinks.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Some 3DS have region locked local multiplayer (Mario Kart 7), some 3DS games have region free local multiplayer (Animal Crossing: New Leaf), Wii U version of MH3G has partial region lock online multiplayer, some 3DS games have region free online multiplayer (Kid Icarus: Uprising / Mario Kart 7)… there is no rule.

Crud. Why is it so random? Wish I could just drop on a brand new 3DS and JPN version, but I don't wanna leave my Monbros hanging. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Doorman

I'll be over here in the corner with all the others, crying until the localized version comes out some time around the turn of the next century.

If I read the OT correctly though...no voice chat while playing online? That seems rather annoying to me, voice chat is so much more fluid and efficient than trying to hunt and peck messages out or scanning through lists of premade phrases. Was this some sort of a technical problem or just something that they're waiting to include in the inevitable 4G?

MechaZain

Banned
I've wanted to play Monster Hunter for years but have been waiting for online multiplayer. I feel like a lot are in the same boat, so Capcom and Nintendo would be making a mistake to dismiss the franchise's potential in the west

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I might try where I preordered on my way home from work, but I highly doubt they'll sell it early.

Peru

Game is gorgeous, even blown up on a ustream window. Greatest thing is seeing the player just take jumps and small climbs in stride, going to make traversal such an ease compared to the previous games.

Zenaku

Unfortunately we just got it and we record in like 3 hours and we also have work to do so there won't be TOO much to talk about this episode. But we'll talk a little bit. :)

Could you give any info on character creation at all?

MH4 seems to put more emphasis on the players hunter, featuring him/her in monsters entrance scenes, and of course armour and the like; It'd be nice to know if they've upgraded the character creation over MH3, in terms of the number of hairstyles, faces, voices, etc.

ranmafan

Unfortunately we just got it and we record in like 3 hours and we also have work to do so there won't be TOO much to talk about this episode. But we'll talk a little bit. :)

That's ok, a little is better than none. can't wait to hear the impressions!

Man the wait for Saturday is killing me. Hearing about the early copies some have makes me more excited. I just wish mine would ship early, or I had a local store that would sell it early. Sadly not too many small gaming stores that would do that in my area of Yamanashi. Still it will be worth the wait.

Top Bottom