• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Fistwell

fat-gigi is just an inferior version of the "original" to me.
oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!!

Though I guess him being my first major wall in 2F is part of the reason why I like him. Shame that they gimped him to hell for 4. You can actually superman dive away from him, what is this!?!! And he hits like a wimp now. ;_;

panda21

My first (and only) monster Hunter game was tri (and 3gu), so mostly everything feels "new" to me... new but shitty. I don't even know which ones are from the psp games. I guess probably the ones that feel "dated" (and shitty)?

edit: just checked the wiki, seems like I was right. Every single one of those I hate are from either Mh1 or 2. Though the ones from mh2 are less shitty

which ones don't you like? all the non 3u monsters i have encountered I enjoyed. I guess Yian Kut Ku is kind of lame but they're just a punching bag type monster like great jaggi, same goes for electric bitey guy

Kecha Wacha, Beetle thing, tusk frog thing, poison spider asshole, rock thing, goa magara, farty monkey dude, all have been fun.

Shurayuki

Yea but it's okay, I started a lobby myself and got my urgent quest done, up to HR35 now! :D

Yeah I barged in on your room but seemed you had already left, haha. Gratz!

I'm trying to get some cool expeditions but always end up with boring stuff, no idea how to get some better ones :(
Eating now but let's hunt again GAF, I don't really know what do now after HR8 lol.

la_briola

I think I'm at the last quest in single player.
Is it
White Moa
? First time I failed a quest... my rare 2 gear and weapon are too shitty, but I love a challenge - fought for like 25 minutes. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yeah I barged in on your room but seemed you had already left, haha. Gratz!

I'm trying to get some cool expeditions but always end up with boring stuff, no idea how to get some better ones :(
Eating now but let's hunt again GAF, I don't really know what do now after HR8 lol.

I got a Shagal Magra guild quest.... level 35 :D You gotta be over HR8 to join it though!

Shurayuki

^Yeah I know, that's what spurred me on haha. I want the
Kirins
too, read they're good to level up :( Also I want that quest with my name on it haha, but when we end up playing again, you should send me that quest お願いします。

Is it
White Moa
? First time I failed a quest... my rare 2 gear and weapon are too shitty, but I love a challenge - fought for like 25 minutes. :lol

You wish man, you wish. There's actually quite a lot still waiting for you in SP.
It's a really epic fight man, enjoy.

I think it was indeed the one that got you the ending, but you know monster hunter, there's as much content waiting for you "post-game" as there is in the run up to the credits.

lscrock

Neo Member
Is it
White Moa

I'd say you are less than halfway (time-wise) to the last quest in single player lol

chadi

Make sure to eat healthy before doing such a thing! Fish&Milk give all the utility skills. (first two are pretty much gathering buffs, fourth fishing) The third option has transporter (less stamina used, don't lose egg if attacked), running away from big monster and not using hands when jumping from high place.

Thanks! I just have 2 quests remaining on 4* before I move on to 5*. And yep, they're the delivery quests. T_T Hope they're not as bad as the prev. ones (although I doubt it with this being high rank and all...). Hoping some randoms would clear it with me. XD

la_briola

^Yeah I know, that's what spurred me on haha. I want the
Kirins
too, read they're good to level up :( Also I want that quest with my name on it haha, but when we end up playing again, you should send me that quest お願いします。

You wish man, you wish. There's actually quite a lot still waiting for you in SP.
It's a really epic fight man, enjoy.

I think it was indeed the one that got you the ending, but you know monster hunter, there's as much content waiting for you "post-game" as there is in the run up to the credits.

I'd say you are less than halfway (time-wise) to the last quest in single player lol

LMAO

Zornica

Banned
which ones don't you like? all the non 3u monsters i have encountered I enjoyed. I guess Yian Kut Ku is kind of lame but they're just a punching bag type monster like great jaggi, same goes for electric bitey guy

Kecha Wacha, Beetle thing, tusk frog thing, poison spider asshole, rock thing, goa magara, farty monkey dude, all have been fun.

Congalala
Gendrome
Gypceros
Iodrome
Fat-Gigi
Velocidrome
Yian Kut-Ku
Kirin

and
Tetsukabura (but he is from 4, so he doesn't count)

The only returner I REALLY enjoy is
teo

Hedge

God, I really hope - if we get a MH4U version - there'll be a subspecies of both
Shagaru Magara
and
Nerusukyura

Also, we severely need more Neopteron monsters. I'd like a MH vision of a giant poisonous moth, or some such. Hunting at night with big glowing wings. :p

Peru

Hating on the series flagship monster
Yian Kut-Ku
??

Well I see from footage that he's beefed up a bit since last time.

Shurayuki

Man I get so many 玉s I almost feel bad, especially seeing some of the posts here. For my solo efforts on the final boss the first thing I got was a tama, now again first thing from
Evil Joey
it's a tama, and many times before too. Keep it coming game, I'm not complaining ♥
Still I'm without a
Bracchi
tama for my LS...

Hating on the series flagship monster
Yian Kut-Ku
??

Well I see from footage that he's beefed up a bit since last time.

Honestly the normal version wasn't all that exciting,
Ian Garuruga
is really fun though.

Zornica

Banned
Man I get so many 玉s I almost feel bad, especially seeing some of the posts here. For my solo efforts on the final boss the first thing I got was a tama, now again first thing from
Evil Joey
it's a tama, and many times before too. Keep it coming game, I'm not complaining ♥
Still I'm without a
Bracchi
tama for my LS...

Honestly the normal version wasn't all that exciting,
Ian Garuruga
is really fun though.

I get more than enough 玉s from everything else... just not from goa -_-

panda21

so i only just realised i had been using the charge axe without actually charging it :S

i wondered why the phials weren't filling up... its pretty based axe if you actually use it

is
land shark
a new monster? it was an awesome fight, love the way
it sort of bloats up and bounces around

i can't wait for the 8-4 MoHoFoCast

la_briola

I'm looking for a good gunlance armor (single player star level 6). Any suggestions?

There are no Volos/Agnaktors to be found, or does this change online?

so i only just realised i had been using the charge axe without actually charging it :S

i wondered why the phials weren't filling up... its pretty based axe if you actually use it

is
land shark
a new monster? it was an awesome fight, love the way
it sort of bloats up and bounces around

i can't wait for the 8-4 MoHoFoCast

Yes it is new.

So how is this game? Worth importing a 3DS and the game?

Great. I did, yes.

Fistwell

So I carry their asses through a dozen quests, then by accident they post the last key I needed, we beat it, I post my urgent, they all die on me. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fistwell

What's a good map to farm earth crystals? Also, where do I get dragonbone relics?

What's the jho set like? Is it the HR one from 3U?

Mileena

Banned
Yeah I dont know... I'm not as far along as you, but I kind of agree. Lemur and beetle/frog were pretty boring. Really like the magaras though.

I'm kind of ambivalent on the extent of content recycling as well. Lots of content is nice, but a lot of monsters, weapons and armor sets were copy pasted with seemingly very little adjustments if any.

Regardless, the game still is loads of fun.

you're scaring me bro :|

Meesh

Yeah I dont know... I'm not as far along as you, but I kind of agree. Lemur and beetle/frog were pretty boring. Really like the magaras though.

I'm kind of ambivalent on the extent of content recycling as well. Lots of content is nice, but a lot of monsters, weapons and armor sets were copy pasted with seemingly very little adjustments if any.

Regardless, the game still is loads of fun.
My biggest concern was whether or not slime was a little more balanced, is this the case. (I'm not far enough yet)

Ken

Woo got my Jaggi armor.

For the 360 damage charge axe, what's the second material needed and where can I get it?

4 kecha wacha parts
15 blue rock ?
3 bones

chadi

Anyone up for clearing 5* quests? I'm currently HR6 but there's plenty more non-key quests remaining under 5* that needs to be cleared. Most HR7 and below randoms only go for key quests. :<

Zornica

Banned
Anyone up for clearing 5* quests? I'm currently HR6 but there's plenty more non-key quests remaining under 5* that needs to be cleared. Most HR7 and below randoms only go for key quests. :<

sounds like a plan.
need to test my new gear anyway...
anyone else?

Fistwell

Where can I mine it? I have 5 but when I did a couple of Harvest Tour for the first map I didn't get any.
On that first map, I think area 9 (where monsters go to sleep when weak), there's a stone column you can climb. I would get a cple of machalites from the mining point on top of it.

sounds like a plan.
need to test my new gear anyway...
anyone else?
Need to go get groceries, back in 1 hour. I'll join then if you guys are still going (and have room).

Fuck me I need earth crystals... again.... -_-'
It's like groundhog day.

Top Bottom