• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

la_briola

I'm HR1, is there anyone here who wants/needs HR1 quests? Only played the single player (till credit roll). I'm back in ~60 minutes.

Fistwell

Thanks a lot! Now I just have to get some help to beat him... (Tried him twice and was beaten both times).
I can help, let me know when.

I'm HR1, is there anyone here who wants/needs HR1 quests? Only played the single player (till credit roll). I'm back in ~60 minutes.
I dont, but I'll hang out for a few quests!

maybe... yes, probably

(and I couldn't join yesterday because I wasn't even at home... no idea why you saw me online)
Eh, maybe I saw wrong! Too many people in Z in my friends list!

I'll open a room if you wanna jump in, sick of my current set of randoms.

panda21

so i take it online won't work during the nintendo downtime tomorrow? or is it a capcpom thing thats seperate?

is there an easy way in the online to tell if a room is in the 'tavern' or out on a hunt?

also if anyone could tell me which of the options to pick for beginners/HR1 lobbies on the screen before it shows you the room (two boxes to choose stuff, first one has 3 options, second has a lot) that would be super helpful!

Anura

Later today does anyone want to help me out with a few golden rajangs? I can't hop on now but I should be back later (also G. Rajang is HR8+)

Wait, it does?! I feel like there's been a ton of times where I've had all three buffs and still crouched for roars.

I was fighting Dekkabura and when I mounted him it used the roar and I kept pressing X and it didn't turn red, and I kept attacking him on ground when he used his roar.
Worked against
Iyankukku sub
when he uses it wings to do a air canon too.

Anura

I was fighting Dekkabura and when I mounted him it used the roar and I kept pressing X and it didn't turn red, and I kept attacking him on ground when he used his roar.
Worked against
Iyankukku sub
when he uses it wings to do a air canon too.

The purple one isn't a sub

Also anyone here want to do those golden Jangs now?

lscrock

Neo Member
I probably could use the help as well... can't play till 6hrs from now though. And I don't even know which are the key quests and how many I have left. >_<
Only 4 key quests in HR7
Teo, Kush, Daren Mohran, Akantor

Problem is they appear randomly so you might have to finish another quest to refresh the list.

Zornica

Banned
sry but that rajang is out of the question.
way to much damage. there is no way I can fight it with my current gear
Can't even keep up with healing

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I got the Yamatsukami set by trading in Daren Mohran pieces in at the wyvern wholesaler, but the stats aren't that great on it and the slot numbers are meh. I only got it for the looks :/

BVZ60B9CMAAu80D.jpg:large

Next up for me is the Yukumo set or the Dalah set but all I need are those damn meteorite pieces and they seem really hard to get for some reason.

Fistwell

Only 4 key quests in HR7
Teo, Kush, Daren Mohran, Akantor

Problem is they appear randomly so you might have to finish another quest to refresh the list.
Right, thanks for the info. Missing akantor, might want to up my armor before I try him again, he neatly combo-two-shotted me last time I tried it with you (sry btw).

Mr. Fix

I got the Yamatsukami set by trading in Daren Mohran pieces in at the wyvern wholesaler, but the stats aren't that great on it and the slot numbers are meh. I only got it for the looks :/

Next up for me is the Yukumo set or the Dalah set but all I need are those damn meteorite pieces and they seem really hard to get for some reason.

Looks nice. Are the stats/outcome always fixed? Or can you try your hand at making it again in order to suit your needs?

lscrock

Neo Member
Right, thanks for the info. Missing akantor, might want to up my armor before I try him again, he neatly combo-two-shotted me last time I tried it with you (sry btw).

No problem, we can try again some time.
I always wear my best armor (~400 def) with high grade ear plug whenever fighting him.

Fistwell

No problem, we can try again some time.
I always wear my best armor (~400 def) with high grade ear plug whenever fighting him.
Yeah, I need to get a better blademaster set, my current (and only HR) one is about 330def. Not exactly super safe. I mean... it's fine... as long as I dont get hit... =)

chadi

Barely managed to beat that 6* village urgent quest with
Infected Zinogre, Super Sayan Rajang and Shagara Magara
on my 2nd try using my trusty Velocidrome set (lol). Btw after beating it, you'll be able to
get that sword stuck in a rock on that felyne island.
Kinda disappointed that it was a
sword and shield instead of a GS
though. XD

Anyway, does anyone know if Edgemaster is still in the game? And which set has it, if ever. Thanks!

Kaji

Hey guys,

Been reading through for a while, just got my copy and mint white LL delivered yesterday, have done a bunch of intro quests and looking forward to jumping in for some hunts.

Friend Code is 0834-1729-7762 , I'll go through and add from the first post and if anybody wants to add me as well that would be great! Playing from Australia so GMT+10 usually will be on most nights.

Cheers!

Ken

this fake rock diablos is rough

few questions:

what do I need for these two farm requsts?

how do I make the armor pieces I get from the expedition maps useable?

when can I give my felyne skills? all I seem to be able to do right now is change his equipment.

also what happens when I complete quests with a [...] in the name? is it just story stuff?

Top Bottom