• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

chadi

I'm back. Online now. I don't see anyone on on my list though. If your FC's on the 1st page, I've already added you. :p Here's mine: 2879 0832 2007

JKTrix

In the Story mode, after clearing the 3* Urgent quest,
am I supposed to die fighting that 'surprise' boss on the ship
?

chadi

Thanks for the hunts guys. Managed to upgrade some of my weaps and got talons from Jho for the atk/def charms. Will try to join again next time. :D

Zornica

Banned
apparently joe can climb up walls now...
kinda impressed with the improvements they made to the monster KI in regards to how they handle the terrain.
and finally they seem to have fixed some hit boxes from the 3rd gen.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still doing the rank 3 quests in the second village, but I'm having a blast with this game. Using the Tachi like I usually do in Monster Hunter games. I really should try out a different weapon some day...

Anyway, does it seem easier to get decent armor in this game than previous Monster Hunters? I don't recall being able to get around 100 defense within 10 hours of play before.

Shurayuki

Some nice hunts with Festwill, man I never change my set back from boss-run to normal quests, and always end up being poisoned without antidote...

Nice fight with Big Boss
Amadula
too. Great performance hunting him for the first time !

Also finally all food is maxed, call me Mr. Gurume!

Fistwell

Thanks for the hunts guys. Managed to upgrade some of my weaps and got talons from Jho for the atk/def charms. Will try to join again next time. :D
Hey dude, nice series of hunts, lets do it again! ;D

apparently joe can climb up walls now...
Yeah didnt know either, was a little shocked!

Some nice hunts with Festwill, man I never change my set back from boss-run to normal quests, and always end up being poisoned without antidote...

Nice fight with Big Boss
Amadula
too. Great performance hunting him for the first time !
lol when I switched to blade... forgot to pack whetstones... -_-'
Spent a good 5 minutes with my blade flashing red before randomly dropping to base camp... and grabbing the last pair of mini whetstones. GLORIOUS GLORIOUS MINI WHETSTONES!!!!
But yeah spending so much time with my hits bouncing was a little frustrating... I also needed to make dinner. I'll be back later though!

Anyone for teostra later? Anura, where art thou??

Akainu

Though I guess him being my first major wall in 2F is part of the reason why I like him. Shame that they gimped him to hell for 4. You can actually superman dive away from him, what is this!?!! And he hits like a wimp now. ;_;
That's weak.

Can the preys be cut in half when you kill them?

Fistwell

I can't join in...
No more room? =(
Leaving in a minute. Try again now, im out, back in 1hr ish.

Edit: back. You guys full? Gashikun, I don't see you online in the in-game friends list.

Started a room, fill free to join. Pass is 4444. I'll farm crap for a while, will bail if noone shows up.

Leaving in a minute. Try again now, im out, back in 1hr ish.

Edit: back. You guys full? Gashikun, I don't see you online in the in-game friends list.

Started a room, fill free to join. Pass is 4444. I'll farm crap for a while, will bail if noone shows up.

Forget it tonight...something is up with the electricity provider here, the power is going out almost every 20 minutes...oh well, I hope I have more lucky next time. =|

la_briola

q89VjwJ.jpg

I swear that I had some of those but can't remember which monster dropped it. Help! :(

Shurayuki

Oof, entered a room with nice group of JPN hunters looking to beat Mr Big Body
Amadula
. After one of the guys died 3 times the first time, we managed to take it down 3 or 4 times in 15 min a pop, only death was me not noticing I had my weapon out and doing a jump attack instead of an emergency dive (weapon out spelt certain doom there).
And yet, I still have zero tails, *eyesroll* We even hit it quite a lot during some fights but it wouldn't come off, I'll never have my 'slosion rod :(
And the pieces from the back-destruction are hard to come by too, 2/5 now. Weird since the comments on soloing said the back-thorn breaks instantly, yet we only broke it once. When soloing I had tried to place even more than 1 dragonbomb there and it didn't break then (got it later though).

When nobody had the quest we took down
Kirin
and the guy was nice enough to send it to me, at least I have that now too, can't get any good guild quests (best are
Bracchi
and Goa for me). That guy and his stupid bouncing, at least the staff can get the team a good chance to wail on him because of the vault attack, really useful there. Need to see if I can get the no-bouncing skill on my armor.

Fest! I can't believe you imported a 3DS to play MH4. :lol

The thirst is real. I would do the same but I have many sealed games here with me, and with Pokemon coming, I decided not to import.

Are you enjoying the game?

Fistwell

Sammy! Where you been!

Yeah the game is great fun. Moon language is making things a little tedious now and then, but it's fun to play a new monhun game!

Sarcasm

Sammy it is cheaper to import then buy a us xl! Only thing holding me back is I don't want to buy two so I can play animal crossing and rune factory in English.

Sammy it is cheaper to import then buy a us xl! Only thing holding me back is I don't want to buy two so I can play animal crossing and rune factory in English.
I live in Brazil so it would be very expensive, around $600, we have some crazy taxes for vidja games. :(

Sammy! Where you been!

Yeah the game is great fun. Moon language is making things a little tedious now and then, but it's fun to play a new monhun game!
Exiled to Moga Woods and guarded by hungry Deviljhos.

And have you ever played MHFU? Because MH4 has a lot of returning monsters... but it shouldn't be a problem for people who started with MH3.

Sarcasm

I live in Brazil so it would be very expensive, around $600, we have some crazy taxes for vidja games. :(

Exiled to Moga Woods and guarded by hungry Deviljhos.

And have you ever played MHFU? Because MH4 has a lot of returning monsters... but it shouldn't be a problem for people who started with MH3.

Even if you say use PayPal to buy from nippon? Nippon is a Japanese exporter..so they are based in Japan.

Even if you say use PayPal to buy from nippon? Nippon is a Japanese exporter..so they are based in Japan.
Yep, when it arrives here in Brazil, customs will open the package and tax it.

If it was cheap I would have imported at launch. Believe me, I was really close to importing. But thanks god I didn't, lol.

chadi

Got village Teo on my first try. Although I almost ran of time. ^^; He disappeared from the quest list though. Will he reappear on the village quests list every now and then (like Shagara) or will he now be guild hall-only?

Anura

Got village Teo on my first try. Although I almost ran of time. ^^; He disappeared from the quest list though. Will he reappear on the village quests list every now and then (like Shagara) or will he now be guild hall-only?

The ED quests are kinda like the advanced quests from tri they kinda come and go as they please

Fistwell

Yeah, I played plenty of 2F and FU (I've touched the first on PS2 but didnt play much). So, yeah, a lot of content is already familiar, which is kind of a bummer.

finally 15 malachite ore zzz
I need another 37 earth crystal... ;( the best map I could find only gives me 5 to 7 per run. But I also gather honey at the same time due to running short so often so quickly.. it's taking forever.

The ED quests are kinda like the advanced quests from tri they kinda come and go as they please
Well that does not sound annoying at all if you want to grind something! =)

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
dnpRwmr.jpg

Does anyone know what this is? It's the only thing I need to complete the set, but the wiki doesn't seem to even have this armor on it...

Top Bottom