• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Fistwell

Don't like the horrible rage monkey?
Online when his attention is split in 4, he's not so bad. Offline, my cats are away most of the time and it's all in my face all the time.

At first, he brushed me when not raging and i was like "lol what's wrong bro forgot your pills you do like no dmg holmes." Then he landed a hit when super-raging and I was like -_-'

Edit: on the topic of guild quests,

- got a lvl31 tigrex that requires HR5. So, yeah, looks like HR requirements depend on what you're hunting,
- questoin: how is the quest you get related to the monsters you hunt in exploration? That tigrex, I got it from hunting blue kuru, jade conga and spider. I was under the impression the guild quest would be to hunt something you've hunted in the exploration quest, I'm confused.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Not mine, but someone got this charm... credit to MHVuze on twitter.

BVjQBWCIUAAbUA0.jpg

+3 Awaken, +14 Expert, 1 gem slot.

What in the actual fuck? Seriously?

just ordered this from nippon yasai, now it's just time to play the waiting game ...

and brush up my japanese skills xD

also, that charm is wacko

lscrock

Neo Member
Doing that quest over and over won't give you great rewards, but if you happen to get a guild quest with a big end game boss (Shagal Magara, Kirin, etc.) then the rewards can be super good.

I finished a SM guild quest with some other people and managed to pick up a Gold Rathian sword/shield that had slightly worse raw damage but instead of fire had paralysis via awakening skill. :O

From what I gather, even if you have defeat a level 100 velo/kut ku, you will never be able to get a rarity 8/9 charm. Those charms are only obtainable from defeating end game bosses such as SM, and could not be farmed by mining (weapons and armors are obtainable through mining).

Once you get a few of the rare charms then you can spend time on alchemy..

Tenbatsu

Not mine, but someone got this charm... credit to MHVuze on twitter.

BVjQBWCIUAAbUA0.jpg

+3 Awaken, +14 Expert, 1 gem slot.

What in the actual fuck? Seriously?
Nice charm there.

Dam I am way behind you guys. I just defeated the monkey offline. It was a really fun fight thou.

For those who are still HR1 like me, feel free to add me so that we can play together:

Tenbatsu: 0559-7153-4662 - Tenbatsu

panda21

how far does it go in village stars? i'm up to the end of 4*

do you even all the monsters in village? (by village i mean offline singleplayer)

(spoiler tag replies i guess incase people don't want to know)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Being in the middle of nowhere was stuck with a shit internet connection that was unstable so couldnt attempt to go online to look for you guys. D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
(ヽ´ω`)... Asked Aeana for a 1 month ban a couple of weeks before this came out, was killing me reading this thread without being able to post. Unlocked my HR already but would be happy to play with everyone, I promise to be halfway decent ( ・ ー・ )

FC is 4081-6898-1905, please add me m(_ _;)m

panda21

So is there a way to reduce your virus level when you fight goal magnate? Like using an antidote or cleaning or something?

Stupid autocorrect goa m

and what even when it fills?

Garou

So is there a way to reduce your virus level when you fight goal magnate? Like using an antidote or cleaning or something?

Stupid autocorrect goa m

and what even when it fills?

When it fills all damage will be permanent, no red bar for natural recovery.

lscrock

Neo Member
(ヽ´ω`)... Asked Aeana for a 1 month ban a couple of weeks before this came out, was killing me reading this thread without being able to post. Unlocked my HR already but would be happy to play with everyone, I promise to be halfway decent ( ・ ー・ )

FC is 4081-6898-1905, please add me m(_ _;)m

Just added, id: rock.

Would like to receive/trade guild quests as well!

la_briola

Thank you Zornica, komaru and Excellen (is he/she on gaf?), got to HR6! <3

edit: Ah! perorist is Excellen! Need to add you tomorrow! \o/

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the hunts everyone

Also a tip about carving/gathering, komaru. Crouching before you start cancels the standing animation and reduces the time by a good amount. Can get all the carves on Dara Amadyura by doing so (&#12288;&#12539; &#65392;&#12539; )

Tenbatsu

Thanks for the hunts last night, keen for more anytime!
Haha yeah thanks a lot too. It was fun :)

Still trying to get a hang of the insect staff thou.

For people who are still HR1, do feel free to add me

Tenbatsu: 0559-7153-4662 - Tenbatsu

Top Bottom