• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Spent today grinding out the village quests, that final one looks like a woozy ( ゚Д゚)

Anyone tried it yet?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I need to grind out arena quests to try and make my helper set. Though I think Im missing a monster type for one of the coins. Need to recheck later today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been playing with friends to get them through HR1, so I haven't had much chance to advance. Anyone free to play some HR2 key quests? Would love to get up to HR3 soon.

Parakeetman

Been playing with friends to get them through HR1, so I haven't had much chance to advance. Anyone free to play some HR2 key quests? Would love to get up to HR3 soon.

I can help you out with HR 2 stuff if you want. I need to check if I added you. Give me a bit o time though need to go fill the sink with water to cool down the soup I had made to put it away in the fridge later.

Parakeetman

Tenbatsu / 0559-7153-4662 / Tenbatsu

Feel free to add me guys.

added you my FC is on the first page.

Went back to around the 20s in pages and couldnt find your FC? Did you post it up?

*Edit
Ok gonna go back to doing my own thing then, time over lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
added you my FC is on the first page.

Went back to around the 20s in pages and couldnt find your FC? Did you post it up?

*Edit
Ok gonna go back to doing my own thing then, time over lol

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever posted my FC.

1607-2460-5692

All hunters are welcome to add me.

panda21

is there anywhere i can do a gathering quest to get some velociprey? I went on the village one for primeval forest but there were only the electric bitey dudes, no blue dudes

Parakeetman

So did people get a Japanese 3DS just to play this?

I'm assuming it aint region free.

A few members here I think did.

is there anywhere i can do a gathering quest to get some velociprey? I went on the village one for primeval forest but there were only the electric bitey dudes, no blue dudes

Go do the exploration quest since that has the blue ones in it.

dan2026

I'm surprised Capcom don't seem to care about making Monster Hunter a big success in the West.

There is just no oomph in marketing or promotion. Hell they don't seem to keen to bring them over at all half the time.

Just because its weird and quirky and difficult, doesn't mean its automatically set for failure.
Just look at Dark Souls.

Parakeetman

I'm surprised Capcom don't seem to care about making Monster Hunter a big success in the West.

There is just no oomph in marketing or promotion. Hell they don't seem to keen to bring them over at all half the time.

Just because its weird and quirky and difficult, doesn't mean its automatically set for failure.
Just look at Dark Souls.

Its not even the same type of genre really. So comparing the two doesnt help your argument.

Zornica

Banned

Just look at Dark Souls.

I am pretty sure you are wrong... Or just missed the last year.

any idea where I could get 凶星の破片?
is it from the snake?
edit:
ok, it is from the snake but...
下で戦っている時に、胸前と顔前に鉱石が落ちてくることがある。
凶星の破片が入手できるのはここでの採掘のみ
not working... or I am doing it wrong

la_briola

I think someone already told me, but I forgot...
Where do I get these "bones" (the last item)?
IMG_20131006_154546.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
any idea where I could get 凶星の破片?
is it from the snake?
edit:
ok, it is from the snake but...

not working... or I am doing it wrong

From the last boss but they drop as meteorites. It happens all the time during the fight but only rarely do they stay on the ground. You gotta mine those meteorites after they crash.

Word is that they are easier to mine when the monster is about to die, but they only show up right in front of the monster so if it attacks it's basically a one shot kill.

Zornica

Banned
From the last boss but they drop as meteorites. It happens all the time during the fight but only rarely do they stay on the ground. You gotta mine those meteorites after they crash.

Word is that they are easier to mine when the monster is about to die, but they only show up right in front of the monster so if it attacks it's basically a one shot kill.

I guess you mean those blue orbs? I saw one once, but I don't know where it came from.
by meteors you probably mean those light beams coming from the sky followed by a "hadouken" right? :p

Anura

I guess you mean those blue orbs? I saw one once, but I don't know where it came from.
by meteors you probably mean those light beams coming from the sky followed by a "hadouken" right? :p

On occasion a different one will crash into the ground and be stuck ready for you to mine

Anyways fatty anyone? Lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

yeah, apparently the sound of the one that stays on the ground is different from the others, but with all that shit going around you during the fight I never paid attention to that.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Wait...this game is out?
what the hell gaf, no one called or e-mailed me or anything.

I feel like someone who slept through their birthday or something. Will purchase asap.

edit: ohhh Japan release date..

xSL4INx

So I just ordered a 3ds bundle with monster hunter 4 and wilk be looking to do some group online playing. How often are people available to play?

Fistwell

So you still want to play? I managed to wake at a somewhat decent time
Sure! Give me 10-20mins, just got home from work. Will edit this post when getting online.

Edit: cool, ready when you are. You wanna jump in the chat maybe? I'll open a room (4444). Anybody else around?

Edit2: Guess someone went back to bed. :)
Heading out for a bit for dinner, will be back later.

JKTrix

Man I've been wanting to play online but I haven't found a free moment with connectivity. I've just defeated the Ice Shark in village quests offline.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I believe it gets added as one of the armor pigment options once you beat all offline quests. Was dual rajang in mhp2ndG, most likely it's the last village quest in this game (gold rajang, zinogre, shagmag)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good sites (in English or Japanese) for general Monster Hunter info and tips? I always get about 20 hours into these games just playing the village quests, but never feel like I really know what I'm doing. I'm right around that point in MH4 now, but I want to try and advance to the next level, so to speak, this time around.

Top Bottom