• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, beat the final village quest. Used the shaggy hammer and was down to my last life crystal, thank you healycats

Completely worth it for the glowing rainbow shimapan ( ・`ヮ・´)

Anura

Woo, beat the final village quest. Used the shaggy hammer and was down to my last life crystal, thank you healycats

Completely worth it for the glowing rainbow shimapan ( ・`ヮ・´)

Grats! I also love that shaggy hammer with its 55% affinity.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, and ya it's great, especially against infected monsters when you overcome the virus and get that extra 15% for 70% affinity total.

Not sure what to shoot for now that that's done. Guess I'll start making a bunch of weapons.

la_briola

Yeah no worries, wish there was less of a time difference, it's making it difficult to play together, especially during the week.

So you still want to play? I managed to wake at a somewhat decent time

I'll be on tonight (aus time), will post when playing, going through HR3 atm.

How many hours is that from now? If I am up I can help you rank

I added you to my friends list btw

Is this a trend? Luckily I'm ahead of the trend!

Monster Hunter 4 GAF (google doc)

This is Oichis list from the OT with added timezones and conversion. Everybody please PM, or post me your timezone in GMT or your place. Some friend codes are still missing, please be excited. [/iwata]

Zornica

Banned

This is Oichis list from the OT with added timezones and conversion. Everybody please PM, or post me your timezone in GMT or your place. Some friend codes are still missing, please be excited. [/iwata]

You should've gone with UTC, because during summertime (and even now) we aren't gmt+1, we are gmt+2.
fucking daylight saving time.

la_briola

It's still wrong because, as I said, we are at GMT+2 atm - which is still UTC+1.
Goole probably just calls it GMT, even though it's UTC.
just use the windows clock :p

Well, it seems right for me. Cell G1 is GMT+0:00, UK time -> 11:xx. Here in Germany its 12:xx. Seems right to me. Even if we are off one hour, not that big of a deal. IMHO. :p

Netto-kun

Timezone: GMT +1 (Norway)
Hunter name: ハムコ
Mii name (for those who don't know yet): ネットー

Kind of busy playing another game atm. Once I am done with that game I'll go all out juggling between this and Pokémon X. :D

Great idea! My FC: 1435-4514-8308, hunter name 石小路
GMT +0
Added you and all the other GAFers that are listed in the OP.

la_briola

I'll get on in like an hour or so. Interested in hunting anything in particular?
Yes! Need those U hands in their S version. So I guess big black stone dragons?

IMG_20131007_012936.jpg

They should be グラビドSアーム.
Gravios should drops the stuff.

la_briola

I need 修羅原珠 *1 桃岩竜の翼*2 for Guard +3 decoration. Where do I find this stuff? :O

Anura

I need 修羅原珠 *1 桃岩竜の翼*2 for Guard +3 decoration. Where do I find this stuff? :O

Are you sure that stuff is for a guard decoration? Regardless one of them should just be mining so check the volcano and/or tundra

la_briola

Are you sure that stuff is for a guard decoration? Regardless one of them should just be mining so check the volcano and/or tundra
Google translate http://www49.atwiki.jp/3dsmh4/pages/157.html:
鉄壁珠【2】 ガード性能+3
体術-1 OO- 修羅原珠 *1 桃岩竜の翼*2
Ironclad ball [2] Guard performance +3 -1 body art
OO- Shura original Pearl wing * 2 * 1 Peach Rock dragon
Seems right.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You are correct, those are from basarios sub. Anyone playing right now?

Also add me to the doc ( ・ ー・ )
perorist - 1993-6864-4157 - Excellen

lscrock

Neo Member
You are correct, those are from basarios sub. Anyone playing right now?

Also add me to the doc ( ・ ー・ )
perorist - 1993-6864-4157 - Excellen

Think I sent a lv 51 basarios sub guild quest around a few days ago, but I forgot which 3 people received it.

Anura

I am swimming in rajang parts now. All I need however are these horns that only drop from the golden version (just need one more). Heck with 7 more rare scarabs I finish his LS. I even went and soloed one (broke both horns, without karting btw :p) and still didn't get that last horn... Oh well I guess that's MH for you

Trying to finish the GS btw

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out you need to break both of gold rajang's horns for a shot at just getting 1 in the rewards. This weapon requires 2 OTL
Not that I have noticed. You can however farm the mats with the old guy
The guy also just offers dung bombs straight up as a farming option if that's all you want the casings for

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finally starting HR3 after helping friends through HR1 and 2. Once I finish my Goa Magara set (already got the mail and insect staff), I look forward to finally getting the hell out of Low Rank.

(it's nice to finally have time to play after being busy with work up until about a week ago)

Btw, what does Goa's dragon virus do to hunters?

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Afternoon chaps, here to join the hunt. I'm still early days!

FC: 2681-0098-9600

Looking to upgrade my starter Charge Axe. Got all the materials apart from 2 x what I think is Monster Fluid (my kanji is bad).

Where can I be getting this?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kunchuu are the worst things ever. Worse than Fangos and Rhenoplos charging you. At least they don't stick to monsters and cause your weapon to bounce off :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Kunchuu are the worst things ever. Worse than Fangos and Rhenoplos charging you. At least they don't stick to monsters and cause your weapon to bounce off :(

When I see my buddy kicking air I know hes being surrounded by the little bastards in MP lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hello hunters,

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is anyone playing this on 2DS? I'm tempted by the lower price tag, but not sure if a second-hand 3DS (XL) would be a sounder investment.

2. Any news on a localised release? If not, are English patches for the 2/3DS a possibility?

3. If an English version ever does come out, what are the chances it'll be compatible with the JP version?

Basically I have a good friend (been hunting with him for years) who's desperate to get this at some point. I would happily take the plunge and get the console with him, but would feel bad if he was restricted by Japanese region lock.

... I just can't believe they brought back region locking for the 3DS. What a terrible move.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hello hunters,

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is anyone playing this on 2DS? I'm tempted by the lower price tag, but not sure if a second-hand 3DS (XL) would be a sounder investment.

2. Any news on a localised release? If not, are English patches for the 2/3DS a possibility?

3. If an English version ever does come out, what are the chances it'll be compatible with the JP version?

Basically I have a good friend (been hunting with him for years) who's desperate to get this at some point. I would happily take the plunge and get the console with him, but would feel bad if he was restricted by Japanese region lock.

... I just can't believe they brought back region locking for the 3DS. What a terrible move.

1: sorry cant answer that for you.

2: no news on that.

3: next to none as generally data between JP / EN versions are usually non compatible.

---

You can thank all the pirates for the return of region locking.

Top Bottom