• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Anura

Anyone got any SnS guild quests they're willing to share with me? particularly after regular Zin/any of the rank 5/6 stuff. Would be grateful if someone can help me out ^^

I have a lvl100 Teo with SnS. Also zorn what are the lance quests you have? I really need a lance GQ

Shurayuki

can somebody please tell me why I can't craft those boots?
http://wiki.mh4g.org/ida/74159.html

I got all the parts but I still can't see them listed...
are there any prerequisites?

I don't think I remember prerequisites existing outside of having certain parts to have the gear show up at the smith.
Since you have all the parts already it should really be there...unless of course -and I really don't remember- you don't play a male character, that armor is ♂ only...that's all I have.

(also rare4 will probably be pretty early in the list and easy to overlook, did you check back far enough)

Zornica

Banned
I don't think I remember prerequisites existing outside of having certain parts to have the gear show up at the smith.
Since you have all the parts already it should really be there...unless of course -and I really don't remember- you don't play a male character, that armor is ♂ only...that's all I have.

(also rare4 will probably be pretty early in the list and easy to overlook, did you check back far enough)

looks like I found the problem...

...and the solution
http://wiki.mh4g.org/ida/73624.html

which means that my bomber/quick reload/earplugs bow set is finally complete (also my char looks like inuyasha now)

only 2 red tigrex parts missing...

edit:

I'm going to hang out in the chat for the next few hours in case somebody wants to play

Am i doing something wrong or are my village 6* quests glitched? Random quests show up as cleared or not, random quests disappear, and nothing I do makes them settle and no new quests show up. Kinda want to unlock all the rest of them but just nothing is moving :/

Right now, in the 6*, only the rathian/rathalos quest is showing up (completed), and the 5x mist grass, goa magara and daren mohran (all incomplete). I've done the key 2x infected tigrex, infected kechawacha/rathalos and a gendrome/khezu, but they only occasionally show up. Really confused, anyone got any ideas?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
FYI the Monster Hunter 10th anniversary DLC quest is out, but only available to people who visit the MH exhibit in Tokyo :/

You can search for it by looking for advanced quests targetting Rathalos.

Zornica

Banned
FYI the Monster Hunter 10th anniversary DLC quest is out, but only available to people who visit the MH exhibit in Tokyo :/

You can search for it by looking for advanced quests targetting Rathalos.

are there any special rewards?

Anyone want to farm red tiggy with me sometime?

well... not exactly "want", but I still need a few of his gems... so yeah, I wouldn't mind farming
Although it's going to get more difficult over the next few days starting Wednesday, as I try to turn my sleeping habits around once again...

Anura

well... not exactly "want", but I still need a few of his gems... so yeah, I wouldn't mind farming
Although it's going to get more difficult over the next few days starting Wednesday, as I try to turn my sleeping habits around once again...

Well if you find time I'm usually pretty free so if you can set up a timer I can join. Red Tiggy is such a pain, lol! I need six fangs.

Doombear

No Japanese 3DS. No copy of the game. Yet I still bought this. What is wrong with me, or is everything jusssst right?

ibtbhfPCRlFLeS.png

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

You get about 2000 caravan points per hunt, and your chances of getting rare materials goes up quite a bit too!

Rathalos is the main target but after 2 minutes either Zinogre, Brachy or Tigrex will show up.

Just restarted after months of putting it on hold, up to HR5 and switched to the Charge Axe. I'm normally a LS/Hammer/SnS user but I'm really loving the Charge Axe. It feels so strong and versatile, I only hope they have more variations of it in 4G.

I was having trouble killing Pink Rathian for whatever reason but eventually got her with the CA and it felt great. I still have not played it online but maybe I'll try it later on. For a first title of the 4th gen, the game is so huge that I'll be busy with it for a long while.

Well, happy hunting everyone!

chadi

Getting tired of resetting/killing Rare Gore Magala in the forest x45345345 just to get a Teo GQ that gives GS/LS AND chest armor (preferably not the Dara one). By any chance, does anyone have what I'm looking for? Would really really appreciate it if you can send it to me. :)

PS-I already have a lvl 100 Teo that gives GS/LS but with a horrible map. And a level 81 Teo that gives chest armor. Was hoping to have both in a single quest so I don't have to farm for them separately. :D

Zornica

Banned
You get about 2000 caravan points per hunt, and your chances of getting rare materials goes up quite a bit too!

Rathalos is the main target but after 2 minutes either Zinogre, Brachy or Tigrex will show up.

oh... too bad... I was hoping for some kind of pig-shaped hunting horn :7

btw: anyone still interested in "farming" red tigrex? ;(
(or something else)

edit: why isn't there a "single rathalos sub"-quest?
not something I'd wanna do by myself
edit2: nevermind

I'm looking for a low rank garuruga... got a lvl41 guild quest - is this still considered low rank? I can't remember...
would I be able to downgrade it by dying?

Zornica

Banned
do I need to doubble post to get this thread going again?

I'll just leave this here:
t1408302000z0.png

as mentioned above... I got a long list of stuff I need. Mainly red tigrex and (preferably) low rank garurugaamadyula.
also I need at least one more key item for the zelda event bow

do I need to doubble post to get this thread going again?

I'll just leave this here:
t1408302000z0.png

as mentioned above... I got a long list of stuff I need. Mainly red tigrex and (preferably) low rank garurugaamadyula.
also I need at least one more key item for the zelda event bow

I normally get on a bit after the time you had on your countdown :p If you wanna play right now though, i'm down. Can farm whatever. Personally I need a ton of B Gravy Skull shells, but they're boring as hell, so I'll just solo them later. We should definitely revive this! ^^

Shurayuki

I played a bit the other day and finally got that stupid high danger akamtolm put away -_-
Then tackled Red Tiggy and after the group wiped 2x and members changed we killed it...then I noticed the 3DS was flashing and just as the charging cable was in it died without saving -_-

Anura

I played a bit the other day and finally got that stupid high danger akamtolm put away -_-
Then tackled Red Tiggy and after the group wiped 2x and members changed we killed it...then I noticed the 3DS was flashing and just as the charging cable was in it died without saving -_-

I still need red tiggy stuff so maybe we should farm him sometime.

Need some help if possible. My brother is trying to progress through Village 3 Star quests and cannot get access to Gypceros Hunting Event quest. He's done all the 3 star quests he has available and said he talked to everyone in the underground village.

Would anyone know what he has to do? We don't live in the same area so it's kind of hard to do things over skype and we both do not know Japanese. I did this when the game first came out so really don't remember.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Shurayuki

Need some help if possible. My brother is trying to progress through Village 3 Star quests and cannot get access to Gypceros Hunting Event quest. He's done all the 3 star quests he has available and said he talked to everyone in the underground village.

Would anyone know what he has to do? We don't live in the same area so it's kind of hard to do things over skype and we both do not know Japanese. I did this when the game first came out so really don't remember.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hm that is indeed a hard one to call without seeing it, it should appear quite naturally.

I think there is nothing you can miss before going to the underground village (ナグリ村), from there this is how it should progress -key quests only-

1st - 悪戯好きの奇猿狐を狩猟せよ - urgent - hunt that ape ケチャワチャ

-> talk to village chief ナグリ村の村長 and the smith's daughter 加工屋の娘

2nd - 危機!テツカブラを狩れ! - hunt the red frog? テツカブラ

-> talk to smith 加工担当

3rd - ゲリョスを狩猟せよ!- hunt ゲリョス that should be your Gypceros

-> talk to the food cat 屋台の料理長

4th - ドスゲネポスの捕獲 - capture the paralyzing bird wyvern ドスゲネポス

-> talk to village chief ナグリ村の村長 and quest girl 旅団の看板娘

★4 urgent

Anyone up for some hunting? I really want to get some good guild quests done: I've got a level 94 zin/rajang with sns/dual blades as the reward, and also a level 68 kushala i've been levelling up with the same rewards. Down to do anything really, but mainly want to get some good excavated weapons before 4G comes out... only have a good HH at the moment and even that could be better :(

Zornica

Banned
well, i don't mind doing anything ^^ if you need to do something straightforward i'd be more than happy to oblige - i'll hang around in the chat anyway if you/anyone else wants to play

what I meant to say was "I'm going to bed, sorry"
My sleep schedule is kinda fucked lately - and it's only getting worse

edit:
mh4g and the new 3ds are going to be released on the same day? oO
If that's true, I might have to pre order one -_-

Anyone down to play soon? Down for anything (would particularly like some GQs!!)

And yeah, they're out the same day. Preordered mine a few days back, excited as hell ^^

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it just me or is Capcom being more tight lipped about 4U than they were about 3U and portable third? Game is only a month out and they've only revealed a very little about the returning monsters.

Is it just me or is Capcom being more tight lipped about 4U than they were about 3U and portable third? Game is only a month out and they've only revealed a very little about the returning monsters.

I imagine there'll be an information blowout at TGS and in a Ninty direct a week before release, and that's why they're holding info back right now :)

Edit: also, does anyone have a single Rajang quest? Don't mind the weapon really (wouldn't mind SnS though!), just want to have a good GQ for soloing :)

Zornica

Banned

maybe they already blew their load with 4? who knows...

Is there a single Rajang quest? You mean a GQ, right? I think I got one.. not sure if it's still there though

maybe they already blew their load with 4? who knows...

Is there a single Rajang quest? You mean a GQ, right? I think I got one.. not sure if it's still there though

Yeah sorry meant a GQ ^^

Also, did anyone else hear the rumours about Amatsu returning? Would be cool, but not sure if these are baseless rumours or what

MH4G releases a month from today! Exciting times :D Can't wait for some big stuff at TGS and a Nintendo direct. Famitsu's weekly new screenshots and stuff is driving my hype to unsafe levels

Surprised there hasn't been more new Mh4 players here with lots of people importing JP 3ds' for Smash! If you are around hit me up, FC is 4356-1601-1114

PM me when you want to play Zornica and I'll hop into the chat, I'm pretty much always around atm :)

Top Bottom