• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Vuze

Nevermind Anura btw, I was wrong! Somehow didn't see the path in Pings Dex when I checked. There's a really nice upgrade to the Star Axe!
0521b786ca.png

Anura

Nevermind Anura btw, I was wrong! Somehow didn't see the path in Pings Dex when I checked. There's a really nice upgrade to the Star Axe!
0521b786ca.png

Ah ok great! Them Dora parts though. I have plenty of Teo but it always seems to be Dora that I need...

chadi

Does anyone know where to get those yellow G tickets for the Star CB upgrade?

Nice screenshots btw. How I wish we can take screenshots without extra hardware/cost...

Vuze

Does anyone know where to get those yellow G tickets for the Star CB upgrade?

Nice screenshots btw. How I wish we can take screenshots without extra hardware/cost...

Actually there was a "screenshot" feature included in the in-quest menu - god knows why they removed it from the final version of the game.

(second to last option)

As for the tickets. Those quests (all 7* events) yield them as reward:
「マガジン・鋼龍飛翔!」
「総てを屠り、喰らう者」
「女王の座を賭けた戦い!」
「塔の頂きに銀陽は輝く」
「驚天轟地」
「よみがえる黒龍伝説」
「紅龍来降」

chadi

Actually there was a "screenshot" feature included in the in-quest menu - god knows why they removed it from the final version of the game.

(second to last option)

As for the tickets. Those quests (all 7* events) yield them as reward:
「マガジン・鋼龍飛翔!」
「総てを屠り、喰らう者」
「女王の座を賭けた戦い!」
「塔の頂きに銀陽は輝く」
「驚天轟地」
「よみがえる黒龍伝説」
「紅龍来降」

Thanks man. Needed 2 more of those for the upgrade.

About that screenshot feature, that could've been nice although it would only be limited to screens during quests I guess? Was hoping it could also take screenshots of other stuff as well like your guild card, cutscenes, inventory, etc. Although slow and clunky, Miiverse could have been the solution for it (except when online since the home button is disabled) but for some reason, they didn't add Miiverse support. Ah well! ^^;

Zornica

Banned

I never noticed that... those bastards. I could imagine it being pretty clunky... having to use the menu to take a single screenshot. Better than nothing I guess...

Vuze

I never noticed that... those bastards. I could imagine it being pretty clunky... having to use the menu to take a single screenshot. Better than nothing I guess...

I think binding it to Select could've helped. No idea why they have Select AND Start for the menu at all. First thing I noticed back in 3G lol

Zornica

Banned
that fucking shark...
well at least I got my ice axe, only a single G ticket missing and then I'm ready for the doubble jang!

Hey guys, what's the prerequisite for the chef cooking your raws? I've completed the delivery request too for the extra cooking but I can't figure it out lol

nvm: I hadn't done the village 4* Rathian, and that's what unlocks it!

Yagami_Sama

During the week it is almost impossible to me have free time to play, at least a few hours, due to my job and so on.

Let's try to play this weekend during the night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know a bunch of it could change for 4 Ultimate but what sort of quality of life changes did base 4 make over 3U. I read that bit about the chef cooking your raw meat for you and nearly fainted with joy.

Anura

I know a bunch of it could change for 4 Ultimate but what sort of quality of life changes did base 4 make over 3U. I read that bit about the chef cooking your raw meat for you and nearly fainted with joy.

That was in both FU and P3rd... So dumb that they too it out for Tri. Another QoL change that is new is the ability to save item pouch set ups so you don't need to dump them every time you wanna gather. P3rd also has another returning QoL feature in the extra pouch system. The gist of it is that you have a fourth item pouch that only appears during quests and after the quest is over all items get sent to the box automatically.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That was in both FU and P3rd... So dumb that they too it out for Tri. Another QoL change that is new is the ability to save item pouch set ups so you don't need to dump them every time you wanna gather. P3rd also has another returning QoL feature in the extra pouch system. The gist of it is that you have a fourth item pouch that only appears during quests and after the quest is over all items get sent to the box automatically.

Saving item pouch set ups sounds GODLY and a quest item pounch? Wow.

Vuze

Most wanted QoL improvement for me: remove all decos from all equipment parts at once. I tried to ask Andrew about it, I hope his "no comment on that" means something good lol

andthebeatgoeson

Quick question: do you even go thru the beginner quests during your second MH game or do you just jump into online?

This will be my second game of the series.

Fistwell

Quick question: do you even go thru the beginner quests during your second MH game or do you just jump into online?

This will be my second game of the series.
You need to progress offline to unlock some useful (offline) systems and mechanics, like the farm (or key dude in 4). There's nothing stopping you from jumping online right away, but at some point it's to your benefit to rush through the early offline crap to get some of the functionalities up.
Also, it's a nice gesture to actually not show up online in starter gear and get 1 or 2 shotted by low rank red-frog tetsu.

MegaMelon

Sup. I first started MH with MH3u and right now I'm soloing G rank level 2 and it's going well. Challenging but doable solo. I had to ask, for all you folk playing MH4 hows the difficulty? I've heard conflicting reports, some saying it'll take less time to complete quests and others saying you'll get combo'd pretty easily making this game quite harder than MH3u.

Anura

Sup. I first started MH with MH3u and right now I'm soloing G rank level 2 and it's going well. Challenging but doable solo. I had to ask, for all you folk playing MH4 hows the difficulty? I've heard conflicting reports, some saying it'll take less time to complete quests and others saying you'll get combo'd pretty easily making this game quite harder than MH3u.

The game is easy in groups up until the end game. At end game you have both the elder dragons and guild quests. Guild quests are a new concept and can be leveled up to be crazy difficult (so much so that many attacks one shot you). And you are correct in the combo statement for some monster with Rajang and Teo probably being the best at It.

It's also worth considering that right now 4 doesn't have G rank and when it does it will be harder.

Zornica

Banned
[...]
It's also worth considering that right now 4 doesn't have G rank and when it does it will be harder.

From what I remember, when Tri became 3GU, G rank wasn't that much harder then high rank in tri. In fact, I remember it being a tad easier... Or maybe I just sucked at tri.

btw: we need to finish that double jang sometime soon - preferably with 4 people ;)

Vuze

btw: we need to finish that double jang sometime soon - preferably with 4 people ;)

Certainly so - how about getting together in about an hour or so? I'll try to find a fourth guy to hunt with us (or 3rd + 4th depending on if Anura can/wants to join us).

Zornica

Banned
no objections, but I'd feel a lot better if I could somehow get my hands on another G ticket so I can finish the ice axe ;)
maybe you still need silver los?

Vuze

no objections, but I'd feel a lot better if I could somehow get my hands on another G ticket so I can finish the ice axe ;)
maybe you still need silver los?

Sure thing. Haven't done any hunting since our last session besides a few Generu Serutas.

Anura

From what I remember, when Tri became 3GU, G rank wasn't that much harder then high rank in tri. In fact, I remember it being a tad easier... Or maybe I just sucked at tri.

While true, MHFU still has a very hard high rank and an even harder G. The way it seems to me is that MH3U's high rank is based on P3rd's as it was the most recent MH game and it's difficulty was also pretty much in line with 3U high rank.

And I might be able to make the jang but no promises

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While true, MHFU still has a very hard high rank and an even harder G. The way it seems to me is that MH3U's high rank is based on P3rd's as it was the most recent MH game and it's difficulty was also pretty much in line with 3U high rank.

And I might be able to make the jang but no promises

My experience with FU and Tri is minimal, barely made it five hours into each but what I do like about High Rank in 3U is that they picked some real natrual progression sort of quests on both Solo and Multi and they put some real interesting stuff in the DLC quests to give you quite the boost if you were brave or patient or had a lot of friends to help. They put the purple ludroth early on both sides to show you the idea of subspecies and that they aren't fucking around but multi gives you those easy as hell double jaggi/wroggi quests to give you great sets for most blademaster classes real quick while single is all about teaching you...to fear the crap out of Devil Jho and to make Pecos a real threat even though you've probably killed a million of them in low rank.

Doombear

I'd like to be able to change equipment within the same area where I accept and go on mission.

Most wanted QoL improvement for me: remove all decos from all equipment parts at once. I tried to ask Andrew about it, I hope his "no comment on that" means something good lol

I want both of these things so much...

Ugh me too. The amount of times I have had to run back to change to a more appropriate element or weapon after a PUG chooses a quest... sheesh. Vuze's request is way up there on my list too. Nice that in 3 switching sets at least bounced the decos around. I went back to play through FU again recently, and completely forgot that changing decos on one set would eff up another. Lovely having to have a spreadsheet handy just to keep track of armor set (well, I mean I do anyway but still).

EDIT: Anyone as excited as I am about this? Definitely getting it!
ibnZ4mWSVOXQv9.jpg

Zornica

Banned
I'll at least give both of them a try. Though I have no problems with my current CPP setup, so it's very unlikely that I'd buy either one.

Vuze

I'd be up for some hunts this evening if somebody wants to join. Can't promise I'll be there on spot but around the time.
t1406660400z0.png

Zornica

Banned
I'd like to try a few new weapons including Bow and GS. Do you guys have any weapon/armour recommendations for noobs like me?
like useful skills/sets, good weapons, etc...

The goa GS should be a good place to start, right?

Anura

I'd like to try a few new weapons including Bow and GS. Do you guys have any weapon/armour recommendations for noobs like me?
like useful skills/sets, good weapons, etc...

The goa GS should be a good place to start, right?
The red tiggy bow is very good. I would recommend starting with his then moving to the elemental stuff

Anura

That's an interesting site, thanks for sharing. Good to gather some ideas.

-

Also, I'd be up for a session today. Need some normal Fatalis, normal Rathalos, Dahren Mohran, Garuga, Najarala ...
t1406910600z0.png

That's a lot of stuff! I will see if I can make it

Zornica

Banned
That's an interesting site, thanks for sharing. Good to gather some ideas.

-

Also, I'd be up for a session today. Need some normal Fatalis, normal Rathalos, Dahren Mohran, Garuga, Najarala ...
t1406910600z0.png

you forgot to mention the red tigrex and the pink rathian :p

Hi :)

I use this site to put together my armor. Users post their own sets online and other people rate them and offer suggestions on how to make them better.

http://game-cap.com/mh4/data/maketop1.html

bookmarked! looks like a great source. Thanks

Anyone got any SnS guild quests they're willing to share with me? particularly after regular Zin/any of the rank 5/6 stuff. Would be grateful if someone can help me out ^^

Top Bottom