• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z..

IMO Nerscylla or Najarala are the first big tests.

These 2 will annoy you.

Gore Magala is the first real wall, though... that will test your patience.

Especially because he becomes alot harder to fight in the place where they make you do it. Very cramped fight and you'll spend 75% of the fight climbing up and down stuff to either go back to where he is or to chase him. Killed it 3 times over the last day and it's frustrating as hell that he spends 90% of his time in areas 7 and 8 of A. Steppe as he becomes absurdly easier and alot more fun as soon as he ventures outside those 2 areas. Really douchey decision by the devs to make him artifically harder like that. There was no need.

Why are egg delivery quests still in the damn game, by the way?

Cerity

Downloaded and updated :D

Also received a code to download a MH theme for the 3DS

yeah, was going to say, saw this in my inbox.

pf9tuRA.png

Faiz

Having saved $10 on the physical copy I think I'll spring for my first ever theme from the shop, assuming it's available for purchase as well.

Waiting for the post guy to come with MH4U. Not getting a N3DS, I'm getting one later. I'm a bit annoyed you don't seem to get a theme for buying the game physically. Never been a fan of downloading games on my 3DS.

So I managed to finish the two first quest during my break. I can't wait anymore... I wanna play it so bad but I've still got 4 hours to spare before I can get home.

Shengar

My body is ready, let's do this!
Hey guys just wondering if anyone playing here is on east asian korean time. Would be great to play with some gaffers who are on the same time zone. Even if your not and still wanna play pm and ill add you. Been playing MH since the first game. Can't wait to hop back in a fight Kirin again.
Hey, Southeast Asian here, so our timezones mustn't far off. I send you my friend code over PM.
Either this game's very easy, or Insect Glaive is VERY powerful. :c

In the demo, I beat Jaggi with Long Sword after he sleep. With IG, I beat him right after the first area. IG is crazy and this weapon is already nerfed from the original MH4. God forbid how strong it was before.

caesar

Banned
Bought a Metallic Blue n3DS XL along with MH today. Just started it up so I'm just messing with my character right now. Thought it was funny that you could basically dress up your character like Terry from Reno911.

Also I looked into the weapons and they all just seem so cool. Do you get a good chance to play with them all early on? I hate when games make you pick between one or the other without letting you get a feel of anything first.

Edit: I'll add my details to the list once I get everything figured out, but can people from different regions play together? And if they can, is the lag bearable?
Nice, my 3ds is from the UK so I have tonbuy everything on the eshop due to the region lock. Thanks nintendo!

Just downloading it now.. I am excite

Escalario

Banned
Well, hello there fellow Hunters :3
I've played the game for 6 hours or so, the added verticality to the zones makes the traversal so much fun. And that feeling of accomplishment when you jump onto a huge monster and starts to stab is really great. I feel like this will be my favourite MH.

Shengar

the little intro you play through with this game was pretty awesome, got me very excited! too bad i have to go to work now... :(

Yeah, the intro is awesome! While I'm returning player, I let the game show beginner friendly advice, and I could say how surprised I am on how informative it is. Reviewers saying it true that the game is the most beginner-friendly entry in the series. The difference of the introduction between MH3U and MH4U is vast.

Gahhh why do I have school today :mad:

Gonna pick my bundle up on my way up to college. Hope to be able to leave as soon as I am done with both my lectures and a project I have been working on. I hear the system transfer is a lengthy process too?

Gahhh why do I have school today :mad:

Gonna pick my bundle up on my way up to college. Hope to be able to leave as soon as I am done with both my lectures and a project I have been working on. I hear the system transfer is a lengthy process too?

I think the transfer using your pc to transfer data between sd cards is pretty quick. I'm doing the limited transfer right now, only transferring licenses and save data, and it's taking a while :(

I think the transfer using your pc to transfer data between sd cards is pretty quick. I'm doing the limited transfer right now, only transferring licenses and save data, and it's taking a while :(

Well I already have a micro SD on my regular 3DS XL to speed things up. The thing too is that after the transfer, I'm gonna have to re-download MH4U since I am getting the bundle

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Played the Demo a little. Why is the 3D effect so bad? :(
It's pretty crazy for me until I get moving, then it's okay. Still, I much prefer it around 50%.

Edit: Awwww yeah. Played longsword and great jaggi didn't even make it to the sleeping stage. Fucked his shit up.

Also I looked into the weapons and they all just seem so cool. Do you get a good chance to play with them all early on? I hate when games make you pick between one or the other without letting you get a feel of anything first.

You can experiment with all of them and swap between them every time you're in town, the only way you're locked is in that there are separate armor sets for melee and ranged weapons, so if you want to swap between Lance and Bow you're going to have to do double duty on crafting armor sets.

How long did the download take for you digital peeps?

Probably about 45 minutes to 1 hour, I wasn't paying close attention.

Hedge

Is the Tetsuya Nomura armour and weapon in the game, or is it a downloadable sort of deal? I haven't seen any info on it.

Pila

so how's the frame rate difference between the old and new 3ds?

I don't have the New 3DS but framerate is fine on the old model. It's pretty sweet while playing single player, it's not wonderful while doing four people hunts but, if you were fine with 3U on the Wii U, you'll be fine with 4U on the old 3DS.

Sooooo I went to a local shop and they don't have the game :/ place is flooded with Majora boxes but no MH, they told me I should check tomorrow. Yeah sure no thanks, just got it from the eShop, downloading as we speak.

Can't wait to start playing!

You can experiment with all of them and swap between them every time you're in town, the only way you're locked is in that there are separate armor sets for melee and ranged weapons, so if you want to swap between Lance and Bow you're going to have to do double duty on crafting armor sets.
Thanks!

Nice

I'm on a n3DS but my internet sucks so we'll see. Watching The Big Lebowski for the millionth time in the meantime.

There are wors ways to spend your time.

Where can you find Frogs?

In the demo, I beat Jaggi with Long Sword after he sleep. With IG, I beat him right after the first area. IG is crazy and this weapon is already nerfed from the original MH4. God forbid how strong it was before.

Mhm! Any faster and it'd be completely incroyable.

Anyone know where to get glueglopper? Think its a bug if i remember right

In the Sunken Hollow. Just swing the bugnets everywhere you can. They're also in other areas afterwards as well.

iiicon

So I just completed the download and received an error message while trying to redeem the theme code. Any idea where I can get it back? It's not showing up in my redownloadable software, nor is it in the theme shop.

anybody has DL size for this?

~20000 blocks

Help!
I got my MH New 3DSXL and did the system transfer from my old 3DS. How do I now play MH4U? do I Have to download it from the E-Shop?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Around 2,6 GB I believe.

Great, thanks! Still have ~11gb left so I'm good. I guess I could also delete MH3U now :p

Help!
I got my MH New 3DSXL and did the system transfer from my old 3DS. How do I now play MH4U? do I Have to download it from the E-Shop?

Yes, it came pre-installed, but when you system transfer everything on the target system will be deleted. So you have to redownload from eshop

AEREC

Help!

Yes...redownload it from the eShop. The game is tied to the hardware so it should be available to redownload again.

Emilbus

Is the free theme available yet? If so can anyone post a screenshot. Wanted to know if it's the same as one of the paid ones or different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom