• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Mupod

wtf, not even going to try chameleos without at least evade+2 anymore. Those hitboxes make NO sense and if you get hit by anything he just does the OHKO breath on top of you.

jorgejjvr

wtf, not even going to try chameleos without at least evade+2 anymore. Those hitboxes make NO sense and if you get hit by anything he just does the OHKO breath on top of you.

Only attack behind him or when he falls. He's one of the easier monsters to fight. If he becomes invisible just avoid the breath, sheaths, and get behind him.

-Alternis

Loving the game at the moment, doing the system training quests now. Built some Konchu arm guards, they look awesome

Trying to run about with a golden egg while Jaggi's nip at your heels is tense :D

When the Palicos are low on enthusiasm, can you just rest them for an easy HR1 quest and get them back at full enthusiasm?

Man, Molten Tigrex doesn't mess around. Took a few tries to get him down in the 10* Caravan.

Also, me and another random HR7 guy were able to duo Dalamadur with relative ease to get me to HR52. I have no clue how this works - am I in G Rank now? Can I do things like High Rank Kirin quests and stuff? Never made it this far in MH3U.
Edit: Nevermind, looks like I have Ukanlos to do.

jorgejjvr

Hmm....if I had the benediction skill (recovery items give tons more health and there's a chance to take less damage), would that negate divine protection? Or could I put Divine protection and cause it to stack? Because then I'd get divine protection, benediction, a defensively honed weapon, and Defender Hi!

-Alternis

Valus

Anyone need a lrg elder dragon gem? It only drops from Daora, Teostra, or Chameleos. I'm up for farming any of those three. Let me know.

Pierate

Having a hard time finding randoms so if anyone feels like helping out with 3* gore magala urgent: 06-6014-4484-1081

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doombear

Not sure if anyone out there needs him, but doing a Rusted Kush run or two if you are G Crowned and want in.

01-9414-0532-7478

Not always the best idea. If he starts the laser beam move, I assume he's targeting me and roll to the side to avoid it, only to find out he's targeting someone else and I roll straight into the beam. That's one dead me.

Oh I know exactly what you mean. I should probably have mentioned I make sure not to run toward other people when he lasers.

HR1 here mostly making my way through the caravan quests. I just took down Najarala and have a few questions.

1. I main longsword and have mostly been using a lupine bone sword or curviscera. I am close being able to build a few but can't really tell if any are much better at this point and worth grinding for. Any suggestions about LSes that are good now or soon? I just unlocked the Rathian quest and the Gore Magala expedition.

2. How do I keep a steady supply of Megapotions? I've started giving Wycoon blue mushrooms and try to grab honey when I can, but I wonder if there is any other good tactic?

3. Is there a point to trying to do gathering hall quests sooner rather than later if I'm mostly playing solo for now? I'll probably do more online when I finish the caravan quests, but for now most of my time is easier to play solo.

Ken

HR1 here mostly making my way through the caravan quests. I just took down Najarala and have a few questions.

1. I main longsword and have mostly been using a lupine bone sword or curviscera. I am close being able to build a few but can't really tell if any are much better at this point and worth grinding for. Any suggestions about LSes that are good now or soon? I just unlocked the Rathian quest and the Gore Magala expedition.

2. How do I keep a steady supply of Megapotions? I've started giving Wycoon blue mushrooms and try to grab honey when I can, but I wonder if there is any other good tactic?

3. Is there a point to trying to do gathering hall quests sooner rather than later if I'm mostly playing solo for now? I'll probably do more online when I finish the caravan quests, but for now most of my time is easier to play solo.

2. Eventually the vendors will sell potions so you can just wycoon for honey.

3. Probably not? No point in making it harder on yourself unless you have a solo-only rule.

They can be mounted once outside of apex, and I'm sure it's possible to mount when they're in the apex state via drive wystones, it's just quite hard to do.

-Alternis

I don't know if drive Wystones are necessary because I'm fairly certain you still gain mount attacks (yellow strikes) without it.

Edit: I just mounted Apex Seregios without Drive, but I had to get mount strikes on his underside.

2. Eventually the vendors will sell potions so you can just wycoon for honey.

3. Probably not? No point in making it harder on yourself unless you have a solo-only rule.

Oh, they already do, I just didn't realize it. Thanks.

Also, is either Gore Magala or Rathian much harder than the other?

Tom_Cody

I have been intermittently going after the Shagaru Magala for the last few days in order to get Pure Scales to be able to upgrade my Gore bow.

(Possibly stupid) Question:

What is 'Dragon Treasure'? I got it from a shiny drop and Kiranico doesn't list any uses for it. Is it just one of the thousands of items that get used when forging equipment? Or does it serve another purpose?
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/dragon-treasure

Iryx

I have been intermittently going after the Shagaru Magala for the last few days in order to get Pure Scales to be able to upgrade my Gore bow.

(Possibly stupid) Question:

What is 'Dragon Treasure'? I got it from a shiny drop and Kiranico doesn't list any uses for it. Is it just one of the thousands of items that get used when forging equipment? Or does it serve another purpose?
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/dragon-treasure

It's an account item, they are aoutmatically sold for zenny and Caravan Points at the end of the quest.

KimChi

Made a room for G1-G2 quests, take turns posting what you need, I need purecrystals to make the last piece of regios armor :x

id:10-9135-9202-9704
pw:2345

btw, does anyone have low rank Kirin and Oroshi Kirin guild quests to share? I want to make their SnS.

ys45

Anyone want to kill a Gore Magala HR 5* ? Me and my girlfriend are having a hard time with him once again : /

Man I swear every monster I have no problem with the pattern but this freaking magala is a real pain , I know already about the strategies to kill him but I still struggle a lot

Any help would be much appreciated !

Juraash

Welp, I had a feeling black Gravios was gonna be the bane of my existence. And sure enough he was. He's awful and I think I'm gonna have to detour from my quest to hit G3 today and build up a better set of gunner gear. Going at him with my tried and true GS just seems like a nightmare at this point.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone want to kill a Gore Magala HR 5* ? Me and my girlfriend are having a hard time with him once again : /

Man I swear every monster I have no problem with the pattern but this freaking magala is a real pain , I know already about the strategies to kill him but I still struggle a lot

Any help would be much appreciated !
Where?

Card Boy

Banned
Thank you to KimChi and the other person for getting me to G rank. Holy fuck urgent quests suck. They should count for all people when you do them.

Shengar

Iron Ore farming tips? This hammer is running me dry.

Ancient Steppe LR harvest tour.
Yeah, there isn't any way to farm these low rank material besides manual gathering, which makes owning and upgrading multiple ancient weapon is a pain due to the crazy amount of earth crystals involved.

tm24

The feeling when you go back a day later after hitting a wall and then completely destroying him and wondering how you ever carted to that asshole in the first place. Me and friend did the urgent B. Gravios after just getting completely wrecked by him the day before. Then i did the caravan Stygian Zinogre after getting wrecked by his damn bowser shell down+A attack. So good

Leezard

I finally spent some time using Athena's ASS to upgrade my LBG armor sets.

Now I have
[Elem] Atk +3
Fleet feet
Bonus shot
Evasion +1

for all elements, including dragon.

The best part of it was that all of those except water only needed to switch helm/charm/gems, thanks to some good (+11 or +14) elemental charms.

Anyone want to accompany me on a level 120 Deviljho?

I only need common items so it shouldn't take too many, but I do need the tails cut.

51-0930-1109-9494

Requires G3 Permit to join.

Whoa, the hunting horn is so much fun, why don't more people use it?

The youtube guides say everyone in area gets the buff, but I never see players getting the music note icon like my character. Is there any way of knowing if a song buff is on others?

Whoa, the hunting horn is so much fun, why don't more people use it?

The youtube guides say everyone in area gets the buff, but I never see players getting the music note icon like my character. Is there any way of knowing if a song buff is on others?

The buff icons are different based on the buff. But don't worry about it. 100% guarantee that everyone in the same area as you is affected.

jercruz

I encountered a hunter with insane skills. HGE, honed, tremor res, bleed res and a lot more. His only neg is slow sharpening. Wearing a sergy x gear.

Is it possible to get this? His talisman area seems to be +14 hearing, +10 edge master and 6 bleed res.

I encountered a hunter with insane skills. HGE, honed, tremor res, bleed res and a lot more. His only neg is slow sharpening. Wearing a sergy x gear.

Is it possible to get this? His talisman area seems to be +14 hearing, +10 edge master and 6 bleed res.

Yeah, Seregios X has a ton of skills.

You probably meant Steady Hand instead of Honed Blade, but I personally have:

Attack Up (XL)
Constitution +2
Negate Bleeding
Steady Hand
Slow Sharpening

on my Seregios X set.

Edit: Oh wait, that talisman is hacked. That +10 edge master is not possible.

Top Bottom