• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Salaadin

Me and my brother decided this morning to just spam HR6 urgents, get him his Agnaktor armor, and then hit HR7. We did most of it. I hit HR7 with ease. We could not beat Shagaru another time for his rank up though. Its like we went full on stupid after I ranked up and now its just cart after cart after cart.

I need to go to bed :(

Okay is there anywhere else to hunt Rhenoplos in HR7 Offline?? The only place I can find them are during the Purple Gycerpos quest in Area 9 and usually its only 2-3 per quest. I'm trying to make Testucabra S armor cause im getting 2-3 shotted by everything right now in High Rank and I need Rhenoplos Carapaces but its annoying as heck to have to keep doing the Gycerpos quest just to get 1 or 2 carapaces at a time. I dont even have Harvest Tour for A. Steppe or S. Hollow either and dont know how to unlock them.

My bow set:

zlCfzTJA6TMiFKP8QL

It has:
Normal/Rapid Up
Fleet Feet
Focus

The bow looks weird at home:

But looks amazing on the field. That effect fades in and out, and I get magical crosshairs when aiming:

Shengar

My bow set:

It has:
Normal/Rapid Up
Fleet Feet
Focus

But looks amazing on the field. That effect fades in and out, and I get magical crosshairs when aiming:
As much as I love my Rath Soul Z, I really need a new set >_>
Okay is there anywhere else to hunt Rhenoplos in HR7 Offline?? The only place I can find them are during the Purple Gycerpos quest in Area 9 and usually its only 2-3 per quest. I'm trying to make Testucabra S armor cause im getting 2-3 shotted by everything right now in High Rank and I need Rhenoplos Carapaces but its annoying as heck to have to keep doing the Gycerpos quest just to get 1 or 2 carapaces at a time. I dont even have Harvest Tour for A. Steppe or S. Hollow either and dont know how to unlock them.

You unlock them by finishing certain quest that taking place in the same area. Which quest is it, I don't know but most of it should be easy. Your best bet is finish easy quests that take place in Ancient Steppe and Sunken Hollow.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My bow set:

It has:
Normal/Rapid Up
Fleet Feet
Focus

How do you look that good?
I guess it's the no evasion effect.

How do you look that good?

Lots and lots of makeup.

No, but really:

Regios Cap X
Sororal Vest
Agnaktor Guards
Vangis Coat
Sororal Leggings.

I was extremely pleased that they work well together.

I couldn't get a Jho Crook, even after 10+ level 120+ Jhos, or that'd be Vangis Coat X. I'll try to get it again later. The set works as long as whatever's in the waist slot has torso inc.

Cham seems wasted on that set?

How so? Rapid Up with Rapid level 4 on 3rd charge and Rapid level 5 on 4th charge is beastly.

Unless you're referring to no status attack?

In any case, Kama Sedition would probably be better for damage, but I absolute wanted Genie's Grimoire for the aesthetics. I'll damage whore on my charge blade, so let me fashion hunter on bow.

I guess it's the no evasion effect.

Fleet Feet is evade extender+attack up when at 100% hp. :)

Mupod

I have had far too much to drink to be fighting apex rajang in gear that can get one shotted by anything he does

maybe tomorrow

Ken

How so? It's Rapid Up with Rapid level 4 on 3rd charge and Rapid level 5 on 4th charge is beastly.

Unless you're referring to no status attack?

In any case, Kama Sedition would probably be better for damage, but I absolute wanted Genie's Grimoire for the aesthetics. I'll damage whore on my charge blade, so let me fashion hunter on bow.

Excluding status shots, you only have 70 power coats for your raw damage and rapid level 5 on a 4th charge even with focus doesn't sound amazing, especially when Kama Sedition is rapid L5 on 3rd charge and has 110 1.5x damage coatings as well as a ton of affinity.

But fashion hunter means anything goes as long as it's fabulous. I should get to making a female hunter...

I have had far too much to drink to be fighting apex rajang in gear that can get one shotted by anything he does

maybe tomorrow

Petrifaction turn around!

Excluding status shots, you only have 70 power coats for your raw damage and rapid level 5 on a 4th charge even with focus doesn't sound amazing, especially when Kama Sedition is rapid L5 on 3rd charge and has 110 1.5x damage coatings.

But fashion hunter means anything goes as long as it's fabulous. I should get to making a female hunter...

I see. Well, I probably won't be using it solo much. As a trio with Shengar and Beats, I never ran out of power coating before whatever we were hunting was dead.

Except for the rajang I triple carted to, getting one shot from 150 hp all 3 times. I need bow practice.

Ken

I see. Well, I probably won't be using it solo much. As a trio with Shengar and Beats, I never ran out of power coating before whatever we were hunting was dead.

Except for the rajang I triple carted to, getting one shot from 150 hp all 3 times. I need bow practice.

You can definitely sustain a regular hunt especially if you go for one application each of paralysis and poison too.

Shengar

It feels great when fighting a Diablos and never get hits by any of his head charge, proceed to destroy both of his horns, mount three times, and finished in 7 minutes. Feels like a matador, that one.

Just watched Gaijin Hunter's bow tutorial. I had no idea about Power Shot bows being able to essentially double fire their highest charge. Also, I hate that the bow controls defaulted to the new control scheme. I haven't bowed since MHFU but the muscle memory was still partially there, which led to me not knowing what the fuck was going on. I have the control scheme set to classic now.

Shengar

Just watched Gaijin Hunter's bow tutorial. I had no idea about Power Shot bows being able to essentially double fire their highest charge. Also, I hate that the bow controls defaulted to the new control scheme. I haven't bowed since MHFU but the muscle memory was still partially there, which led to me not knowing what the fuck was going on. I have the control scheme set to classic now.

Would the fatty Ukanlos good for your bow practice? Just got hardhorn, and want to make Anubis but I need accompanying armor for that.

Shengar

Are the advanced quests in caravan 6 considered high rank for monster farming purposes?
They are high rank monster, but I'm not sure if they are there just to be farmed. More like, they are there to ease up the transition from LR to HR.
I can try my best. I can't guarantee I won't do something stupid and get one shot.

Don't worry, I get one shotted a lot by its beam too
>__> thankfully I already have all the rare materials, so it should be qucik

They are high rank monster, but I'm not sure if they are there just to be farmed. More like, they are there to ease up the transition from LR to HR.

Don't worry, I get one shotted a lot by its beam too
>__> thankfully I already have all the rare materials, so it should be qucik

Room's up.

13-4261-4803-0700

If anyone else wants to join a g rank Ukanlos with the risk of me getting one shot in my freshly made bow set after 250 hours of charge blade.

Thanks for the hunting horn tips. I'm falling in love with it. The bnb "A" attack for the horn I have is a yellow note and it has Sonic Waves. It works so well, do the bnb, dodge if needed, then unleash sonic waves and probably get an encore off too. Love it.

I'm surprised at just how mobile it is with the movement speed and being able to roll out of just about everything.

One problem I have is if I get stunned or something. Is there a way to attack and unleash a specific note? I hate when I have a song setup, get stunned, and the only way I can think of getting back into combat is hitting X and the song being ruined.

EDIT: Oh wait, Sonic Waves only works if a monster is underground?

PrankT

Thanks for the hunting horn tips. I'm falling in love with it. The bnb "A" attack for the horn I have is a yellow note and it has Sonic Waves. It works so well, do the bnb, dodge if needed, then unleash sonic waves and probably get an encore off too. Love it.

I'm surprised at just how mobile it is with the movement speed and being able to roll out of just about everything.

One problem I have is if I get stunned or something. Is there a way to attack and unleash a specific note? I hate when I have a song setup, get stunned, and the only way I can think of getting back into combat is hitting X and the song being ruined.

EDIT: Oh wait, Sonic Waves only works if a monster is underground?
If the horn gets put away and the song is ready to go you can press r, x, a at the same time to draw into playing the song. Of the song is not complete then you have to start over. Also, in general attack and defense are the most useful buffs since all others are situational. That being said, it's fun to use a variety.

If the horn gets put away and the song is ready to go you can press r, x, a at the same time to draw into playing the song. Of the song is not complete then you have to start over. Also, in general attack and defense are the most useful buffs since all others are situational. That being said, it's fun to use a variety.
You're a life saver, thanks. :)

And yeah the horn I have now has attack boost and I try to keep it up. At the very least, when I'm online I always feel useful.

Dak'kon

You're a life saver, thanks. :)

And yeah the horn I have now has attack boost and I try to keep it up. At the very least, when I'm online I always feel useful.

Like Prank said you can go straight into a recital with R, X, A if you're sheathed. If you only need to play one more note then you can unsheath without playing the X note if you stand completely still and press X. If you have any forward momentum at all and push X then you'll still do a draw attack, even if you've released the C-stick.

Sonic waves works on burrowed or certain flying enemies - I'm not sure exactly which though since it won't work on Bnahabra but will on Remobra for example. Anyone know?

Also, in my opinion try not to get into the habit of using the HH as a support weapon since it's primarily a damage dealer. You should mainly be using it to exhaust or KO enemies (if there's not a Hammer user). Obviously people love you for the support songs you provide but you can really dish out a lot of damage if you focus on working those into your normal attack patterns. That's just my opinion from my limited time as a HH user :p

This is my first off day since launch, and I've got to say, it really kills the confidence. I'm fairly sure I carted more today than the past 5 weeks combined.

I'm gonna take Kitty's advice and sleep. Again, sorry I turned what should've been less than an hour's farming into like 3 hours of shit.

Finally have some time to play today, fuck uni :p

Time to do some village quests I haven't done yet. Only just got into village High Rank, but I want to finish the Low Rank quests I skipped.

Dreading the egg carrier quests...

Mzo

Finished online HR6, 7, and G1 over the past two nights. This game is amazing.

Time to actually make some armor that matters.

Card Boy

Banned
Whats the first G rank armour i should make? Still rocking Tetsucabra S armor and im ashamed. Got it high enough that its giving me 419 defence though lol.

I have a question regarding quest rewards. I'm trying to get a Rathian Ruby for my bowgun. Looking at this page it says that capturing yields a 4% chance of dropping the ruby. Breaking the head gives a 4% chance and breaking the back gives 1%. So if I break the head and back and capture it, will those percentages stack? Or does breaking only count when you kill it?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Barely beat Frenzied Brachydios. And my next mission is frenzied Deviljho. Fuck My Life D:

Seil

I have a question regarding quest rewards. I'm trying to get a Rathian Ruby for my bowgun. Looking at this page it says that capturing yields a 4% chance of dropping the ruby. Breaking the head gives a 4% chance and breaking the back gives 1%. So if I break the head and back and capture it, will those percentages stack? Or does breaking only count when you kill it?

They stack.

Breaking the head gets you a break reward.
Breaking the back gets you a break reward.
Capturing gets you X capture rewards.(If you don't have a skill that manipulates this, you get 2 drops guaranteed and a ~69% chance at a third).

Break and capture rewards are added in the bottom section of the rewards screen after finishing a quest. You'll get break rewards regardless of capturing, killing, or even if the monster gets away(if you still clear the quest).

So, if you break its head, its back and capture it, you get:

One 4% chance from the head drop.
One 1% chance from the back drop.
Two 4% chances from capture and a 69% chance at a third 4% chance, assuming you don't have a skill that affects this.

Iryx

You'll get the break rewards if you finish the mission, even if it's via subquest.

Top Bottom