• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G |OT| Dozens of Monsters, Zero Compelling Textures

king zell

Zpccm.jpg

iFD9A.jpg

8OW9R.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Simple language: if you want to guage mohans success off the size of this mornings queues (which i do not advise..) then it would be a spectacular bomb.

muu

Started!?

That queue already drained - and a piss poor queue. Seriously - if people are putting stock in those Yodo Aki queues ? It's bombed and even my 800k is over the top.

As i did say in the games defence - it's freezing. But this is sub-xbox 1 queues. Make no mistakes

if initial shipments are 420k then 800K would be way over the top.

And how is 34 degrees freezing? I've been comfortably riding to work the past week at ~20F in the morning, and I'm sure even that's pretty fair weather for a lot of folks.

PunchyBoy

Banned
Simple language: if you want to guage mohans success off the size of this mornings queues (which i do not advise..) then it would be a spectacular bomb.

Thanks !
What do you mean by "bomb" (Yep sorry, I'm french, so I'm not used to some words being used for another sense)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Please, explain it with simple words for simple people like me
I think he's being sarcastic, can't expect 800k sales with just over half that being the whole shipment... Unless that report has been debunked and I missed it.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

You said it many times: it bombed. Wednesday or earlier we'll know how close or far you are. We should get some first impressions from today though.

And how is 34 degrees freezing? I've been comfortably riding to work the past week at ~20F in the morning, and I'm sure even that's pretty fair weather for a lot of folks.

come on man , 34F is freaking freezing. I wouldn't line up for any game in that weather, screw that. I'm sure a lot of people might be waiting for later during the week to grab their copies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
let's not jump the gun yet. Regardless of what anyone thinks, TK has been warm right until the first week of Dec. Now it's cold - whether it's cold relative to elsewhere is besides the point,for Tokyoites it's COLD right now

and given most people probably have their preorders sorted then there's no driving reason to go get this game first thing. However, the Japanese will queue for just about anything - so the fact it's pretty dead out there is a bit weird.

The Yodo queue shots above don't show great demand - those are pretty weak by Japanese queuing standards.

Let us see what the week brings. As for "bu bu bu of course it's only shipping <x> so..." EVERYONE knew this and i was making a TOTAL sales prediction with 800k.

It'll suffer mass shortages and sell out it's entire first shipment within the first day or two.

BTW: Why are we garbaging up this thread anyway? Why not take it to the MC Sales thread? (then we can fight like REAL men!)

Alexios

I hope the PAL release will have Lagi as the cover monster again, that new thing is just weird.

They should have done it for Japan too really, it's not like most series fans got the Wii game.

The swimming and stuff will still be the most prominent addition for those people.

As they've already seen most of the other Tri monsters with Portable 3rd.

Truth101

Banned
It'll suffer mass shortages and sell out it's entire first shipment within the first day or two.

BTW: Why are we garbaging up this thread anyway? Why not take it to the MC Sales thread? (then we can fight like REAL men!)

MC thread has already turned to garbage with Zelda talk.

PunchyBoy

Banned
I hope the PAL release will have Lagi as the cover monster again, that new thing is just weird.

They should have done it for Japan too really, it's not like most series fans got the Wii game.

The swimming and stuff will still be the most prominent addition for those people.

As they've already seen most of the other Tri monsters with Portable 3rd.

I hope there'll be a PAL release WITH online play... CAPCOM, MAKE THE TATSUNOKO MIRACLE HAPPENS AGAIN !

watershed

Banned
I hope there'll be a PAL release WITH online play... CAPCOM, MAKE THE TATSUNOKO MIRACLE HAPPENS AGAIN !

I think that's pretty likely, Capcom have already talked about how important online play is to the success of MH in the west. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't there.

Erethian

He doesn't expect it to sell 800k in its first week. He expects it to sell 800k lifetime.

yurinka

He doesn't expect it to sell 800k in its first week. He expects it to sell 800k lifetime.
Maybe 800K is for 1st and 2nd shipment. So first week, first month, first 2 weeks or something like that.

800k lifetime would be a disaster for a MH portable game.It will sell a lot more. Man, it's a portable monhan in Japan.

Being a G version isn't a problem. See MHP2ndG sales. It was a G version of a modified port of an old game and it sold like 690K first day, 1.5M first week and 3.2M during its lifetime. Yes, MHP3rd sold even more, but well, these are pretty huge numbers.

I assume that 800K is awesome for 1st week or 1st two weeks considering current 3DS userbase.

M-PG71C

800K lifetime? I really doubt that. It'll sell through 400+ the first time through, and I think its done that already. I'm sure the results next week will exemplify this.

I don't think it will be too hard to sell another 400K by the end of December, at all. And if it did do that, it would be an awesome attach rate. It would be nearly 25% of the 3DS userbase in less than thirty days.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Maybe 800K is for 1st and 2nd shipment. So first week, first month, first 2 weeks or something like that.

800k lifetime would be a disaster for a MH portable game.It will sell a lot more. Man, it's a portable monhan in Japan.

Being a G version isn't a problem. See MHP2ndG sales. It was a G version of a modified port of an old game and it sold like 690K first day, 1.5M first week and 3.2M during its lifetime. Yes, MHP3rd sold even more, but well, these are pretty huge numbers.

Being a G version on a system without the vanilla version is the problem.

If most gamers are like me, they're going to hate that you have to start from zero again. Which I started doing yesterday...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Being a G version on a system without the vanilla version is the problem. 2G sold well because P2 was on the system and you could import your character.

If most gamers are like me, they're going to hate that you have to start from zero again. Which I started doing yesterday...

Yeah thisll be the 3rd time ill have to clear moga village :/

udivision

Shit so we're not even allowed to talk about how a game performs/(bombs) now?

They were talking about how making a Zelda game that would directly pander to their niche opinion of what a Zelda game should be would somehow lead to massive sales and turn the series around. It ended in a handful of intelligent posts and sonic fanart, which were eventually all swept away in a divine wind.

Alexios

http://andriasang.com/comzau/mh3g_launch/
These lines aren't for some special launch event. There have been worries about the game selling out, so it's likely that those in line were hoping to pick a copy of the game or one of its various special packs without a pre-order.

In Shinjuku, Famitsu.com reports, the large Yodobashi Camera had 200 people lined up by 7:00. This shop sold out of the game's special pack, which includes the Circle Pad expansion, within 15 minutes of opening time.

Erethian

...yeah, I think it will do more then 800k

Unlikely considering the initial shipment (even assuming a quick second shipment) and, more importantly, the total 3DS userbase at the moment.

Doesn't mean it won't sell a lot over a long period of time, which tends to be the case with popular titles that are released early in a systems lifetime.

Alexios

Unlikely considering the initial shipment (even assuming a quick second shipment) and, more importantly, the total 3DS userbase at the moment.

Doesn't mean it won't sell a lot over a long period of time, which tends to be the case with popular titles that are released early in a systems lifetime.
He's just responding to DCharlie's prediction of 800k LTD.

Alexios

Portable 3rd didn't have moga village did it..? They had that Eastern-like town instead I thought.

Unless he meant moga forest and that was still used as a story/tutorial thing there, I dunno.

Maybe they've acknowledged this and made the tutorials more optional like in MHFU?

We'll see soon enough with the first playthrough footage I'd guess.

Akainu

Tnuyx.jpg

I like this pic

"I don't really want a 3ds, but I like Monster Hunter must bear it."

Portable 3rd didn't have moga village did it..? They had that Eastern-like town instead I thought.
I hate Moga. I get it it's by the water can these little kids get some pants?

And a question to anyone who's playing. Has anyone fought like a rathain or diablos? I noticed in tri none of the monsters run toward you when charging. It bothered me.

Alexios

The city looks cool, kind of weird they took the time to make it given the lack of online. Not that they couldn't have used Tri's city regardless if they really wanted to add it anyway. Have we heard if it includes anything special yet or is it just a fancier guild hall? It seems to have a lot of stuff in the text...

Luigiv

So those who have the game already; Are you really not compelled by the textures or was that a lie?

Edit: Actual serious question: How is the difficulty (armour stats, enemy health) balanced? Tri style or Portable style?

Only just started, but I picked up the frankenstick with it. I won't lie, I really like the feel of the dual sticks with this. I've never been a huge fan of using the touch screen for camera controls in any game though, just a heads up.

Also for what it's worth, all the local shops were sold out of the normal copies sans slider.

Very curious to see how well this is gonna do here.

Edit: It's absolutely freezing down here in Nagasaki as well. People are bundled up like woh.

Can somebody confirm if they kept P3rd's horrible armor skill distribution? Really hated how they made multiple armor sets completely worthless in that game.

watershed

Banned
Only just started, but I picked up the frankenstick with it. I won't lie, I really like the feel of the dual sticks with this. I've never been a huge fan of using the touch screen for camera controls in any game though, just a heads up.

Also for what it's worth, all the local shops were sold out of the normal copies sans slider.

Very curious to see how well this is gonna do here.

Edit: It's absolutely freezing down here in Nagasaki as well. People are bundled up like woh.

Thanks for the impressions.

Top Bottom