• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More details about the next Tomb Raider (motorcycle returns, Lara has female romance, part of a 'team' not solo)

Kabelly

very interesting seeing the american pie days where it was such a titilating and hot thing to see girl on girl action, but now the people itt are having a fit. truly amazing how fast public perception can change.
edit: i know for a fact the design of this character will decide whether people like the game or not

Last edited:
very interesting seeing the american pie days where it was such a titilating and hot thing to see girl on girl action, but now the people itt are having a fit. truly amazing how fast public perception can change.
edit: i know for a fact the design of this character will decide whether people like the game or not
It’s the incel tantrum influence - ‘I hate all women because they won’t sleep with me, now they’re even sleeping with each other and reducing my chances even further!’

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
first look at new lara

159931722_3920457524682063_127703038608656274_n.jpg
Except she’s gonna have this haircut

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-Teela-and-Castle-Grayskull.jpg

Elios83

Hopefully it's not true.
But sadly there have been enough hints with previous games that Crystal Dynamics is not the right fit for this series.
They ultimately refuse who Lara is and what made her famous and want to force another vision that consumers have simply not embraced.
If they're making a Ubisoft like open world with the motorcycle to easily reach places to do the same activities splattered over and over...lol.

Last edited:
Check the villains... should be plenty in those .. just a guess

None of them will be called Elliot Mask or something along those lines. Sure not.

It’s the incel tantrum influence - ‘I hate all women because they won’t sleep with me, now they’re even sleeping with each other and reducing my chances even further!’

I'm afraid the ones hating on women are those who portray them as androgynous monstrosities.

StereoVsn

This is a dumb take considering that every single western recent game has to have a gay protagonist if they are female.

Horizons, TLOU, this, and I am sure I am missing some others.

Furthermore, the sentiment that instead of playing a game we must have a lecture on character’s sexuality and their take on romance is annoying.

This is a dumb take considering that every single western recent game has to have a gay protagonist if they are female.

Horizons, TLOU, this, and I am sure I am missing some others.

Furthermore, the sentiment that instead of playing a game we must have a lecture on character’s sexuality and their take on romance is annoying.
THIS.

tommib

Yeah man, those damn incels.
It has nothing to do with every western game protagonist suddenly being gay, but those damn incels and their complaining.
You’re absolutely making this up in your head. Who apart from Ellie is gay as a main protagonist? There are 0 male gay main characters.

Alloy could kiss a girl for a second at the end of an expansion - and even that was totally optional. You just can’t stand have ONE single gay main character in the last of us and automatically jump on making great boogeyman generalisations.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

If everything is true, then it's not a Tomb Raider. It is another thing limited by stereotypes and social impositions with the name Tomb Raider. If so, it would have all the ingredients for a bad result. I don't understand so much risk.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don’t mind if she has a female partner as long as she’s hot so I don’t mind the hot lesbian action hehe.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not much of a Tomb Raider given there is no talk about Dungeon and Puzzle Design. Which overall is the core of what makes Tomb Raider what it was.

Thus far the TR 1-3 Remaster has been the best Tomb Raider game in years. Very sad.

At least give us dual pistols at the very least.

Top Bottom