• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More details about the next Tomb Raider (motorcycle returns, Lara has female romance, part of a 'team' not solo)

Bartski

Gold Member
  • Lara will have a skill tree with spells.
Disgusted Season 5 GIF

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
*sigh* How did we get here? Tomb Raider Underworld was a 8.5 out of 10 game. Everything was fine. Most unnecessary reboot ever

Last edited:
  • Lara Croft will also have "a romantic scene with another female character
Why not just have a fucking game with no romance at all? I mean why do these blue haired fucks need to push agendas?

I personally dont think romance at all is needed at all in most games 🤷🏼
Because those blue haired fucks are sick in the head and can’t stop thinking about this shite. So they want to push it on everyone else in the hopes of infecting more people.

Hey Crystal Dynamics… learn to read the room. Making Lara lame and gay isn’t a good strategy. Also, just because you develop tech for another game doesn’t mean that it’s a good fit for every franchise. Is this supposed to be Lara x Avengers and Friends?

Last edited:

RCX

Can I have a game with challenging, puzzle-based platforming, light combat and minimal story?

No, of course not.

I'm getting lesbian stuff and AI companions.

Just go all the way Amazon. Make Lara black as well. You know you want to.

They better be careful. If the game sucks and people are put off by her sexual preference, it could really tarnish the franchise.

They need to pay attention to their audience.

Last edited:
2e58caac2067d90a322e61ec0e7219bb.jpg
Well this is how female looks for them.
Truly remarkable jaws, painstakingly crafted to chew concrete and spit stunning and proud rainbows. She is supported by her people and correct to anger! Uncomfortable comments made by their filthy propagandist family about their unemployed vegan living partner were confirmed baseless by truth telling media devoid of bias.

GIF by SV Werder Bremen

Last edited:

Kabelly

Huh? When did men stop liking hot chicks fucking each other?

Oh you mean ugly, androgynous robots with square jaws kissing and smashing the patriarchy in video games...

But wait, those aren't the same.
exactly. if she's designed like Chloe from Uncharted everyone will be happy. If she looks like Abby then the game is trash.

Either way we know nothing truly. This romantic scene could be just some very strong eyefucking. Freaking out without seeing anything is a waste of energy.

Barakov

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ve-lara-croft-leading-a-team-of-tomb-raiders/
https://www.patreon.com/posts/sacred-symbols-69739847 (...paywalled)

That’s according to a script allegedly being used to cast the unrevealed game’s actors, which was obtained and shared by Sacred Symbols (paywalled).

According to the alleged script, the next Tomb Raider is internally known as ‘Project Jawbreaker’, and is described as “an action adventure game set in a modern-day world rocked by a mysterious cataclysm”.

"On this new adventure, Lara will encounter a challenge she can only overcome with a team at her side. Collaboration is foreign to her: she’s always succeeded alone, so in this situation she’s a fish out of water.”
  • The internal codename for the next Tomb Raider game is 'Project Jawbreaker'
  • It is said to be an "action-adventure game set in a modern world shaken by a mysterious catastrophe."
  • According to the casting notes for Lara Croft, a "genuinely British" actress in her mid-30s will be cast for the role.
  • Lara Croft will also have "a romantic scene with another female character."
  • According to the script, "Lara Croft is at her peak now. Gone is the image of a young, immature woman struggling with her legacy and family issues."
  • "Lara has left her childhood behind and fully embraced her life as an adventurer.
  • "Typical Ubisoft" structure.
  • Four companions, each with their own abilities.
  • Open or semi-open world, not clear.
  • Lara has a motorcycle to make it easier for players to explore.
  • MMO elements.
  • Five very typical villains, including a rich man, a mafia boss, and two brothers.
  • Famous characters like Jonah Maiava and Curtis Trent will return.
  • The game mixes various trends and genres.
go away GIF

The internal codename for the next Tomb Raider game is 'Project Jawbreaker'
  • It is said to be an "action-adventure game set in a modern world shaken by a mysterious catastrophe."
  • MMO elements.
  • Five very typical villains, including a rich man, a mafia boss, and two brothers.
I can see the worries, and I can see the potential. At best my hope is for this semi open world to be filled with multiple traps, pitfalls, and platforming challenges along with puzzles and secrets.

The four companions and skill tree parts makes me think they are taking elements from the isometric Lara Croft games. I really enjoyed those games, especially the first one. It is an ARPG underrated gem.

Generic

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ve-lara-croft-leading-a-team-of-tomb-raiders/
https://www.patreon.com/posts/sacred-symbols-69739847 (...paywalled)

That’s according to a script allegedly being used to cast the unrevealed game’s actors, which was obtained and shared by Sacred Symbols (paywalled).

According to the alleged script, the next Tomb Raider is internally known as ‘Project Jawbreaker’, and is described as “an action adventure game set in a modern-day world rocked by a mysterious cataclysm”.

"On this new adventure, Lara will encounter a challenge she can only overcome with a team at her side. Collaboration is foreign to her: she’s always succeeded alone, so in this situation she’s a fish out of water.”
  • The internal codename for the next Tomb Raider game is 'Project Jawbreaker'
  • According to the casting notes for Lara Croft, a "genuinely British" actress in her mid-30s will be cast for the role.
  • Lara Croft will also have "a romantic scene with another female character."
  • According to the script, "Lara Croft is at her peak now. Gone is the image of a young, immature woman struggling with her legacy and family issues."
  • "Lara has left her childhood behind and fully embraced her life as an adventurer.
  • MMO elements.
Sounds good, I hope Lara's girlfriend is cute.

"Mid thirties female at her peak"

Delusional Lara should break fourth wall and reveal that she wrote and directed her own game at the end. It might actually makes sense if that happened.

They should fuck all the tombraiding stuff into the bin and come up with a malegaze tm system that works out whether you’re a chick playing the game, and if so you can press X to scissor - whereas male players get skipped to the next exciting bit of spell crafting.

Last edited:
MMO elements.
Lara will have a skill tree with spells.
tenor.gif

Riding around on a motorcycle exploring the mysteries of the open world? Sounds intriguing. I even like going more in on the paranormal.

OG Lara was a lovely blend of a strong feminist who could hold her own while still being sexy. Her being capable spoke for itself, I hope they don't try to turn her into an anti-male icon to send a message destroying her legacy.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Riding around on a motorcycle exploring the mysteries of the open world? Sounds intriguing. I even like going more in on the paranormal.
They won't dare make her a "White savior" so it's not like you can cruise around Africa helping out witch doctors dealing with evil spirits while exploring caves or monks up mountains in Asia with Yeti problems.

They won't dare make her a "White savior" so it's not like you can cruise around Africa helping out witch doctors dealing with evil spirits while exploring caves or monks up mountains in Asia with Yeti problems.
I want a fully confident thieving Lara back looking for the next score, not an international apology tour why cultural appropriation is bad while she defeats evil bros to return stolen trinkets.

Hookshot

Gold Member
I want a fully confident thieving Lara back looking for the next score, not an international apology tour why cultural appropriation is bad while she defeats evil bros to return stolen trinkets.
We all do, but we aren't going to get even Double D boobs, a badass confident uncaring treasure hunter is not what "Tomb Raider" is about there days. But if they called it "mopey woman being nice while shooting white men" people wouldn't buy it by mistake.

Top Bottom