• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

Overdoziz: my internet crapped out on me, that's why I disconnected and didn't join back in.

Anyway, very good job on the Sanctuary remake. It's definitely well-suited for this game. :)

Fake Edit: Also, I can't wait for CTF. Should be pretty good on that map.

feel

LMAO, this thread took an interesting turn. I don't want COD-esque shooter + minecraft, so I gotta side with the guys that want to deliver an online Halo1-esque game.

Havok

My box locked up after that last match, but that Sanctuary is incredible. Only map besides Hang 'em High that I've seen that's properly scaled.

I kept falling off the Guardian remake, though, it's very small.

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyway, very good job on the Sanctuary remake. It's definitely well-suited for this game. :)

Fake Edit: Also, I can't wait for CTF. Should be pretty good on that map.

My box locked up after that last match, but that Sanctuary is incredible. Only map besides Hang 'em High that I've seen that's properly scaled.
Thanks.

The Guardian map was a bit disappointing. The original map is already small so making it about half the size doesn't do it any good.

My friend bought it and he's getting a code 3 and gets signed out immediately :(..

Any fix for this?

Launch the game, then when it's on the Indie screen unplug the ethernet cord from the back of the 360. It'll load the game normally, so just plug the cord back in and sign into XBL.

..and rats! Missed the map sharing again lol, anyone still on? ;[

Just played this for the first time last night based on GAFhype, and it was fun. Definitely HALO. However, how come nobody has build mode on during the death matches? I would image that it would be pretty fun to survive by building destructible structures.

Also, I wish there was some other kind of bot-based SP game (not zombies) with build mode in it....

Wasn't digging the zombie waves at all.

wwm0nkey

Just played this for the first time last night based on GAFhype, and it was fun. Definitely HALO. However, how come nobody has build mode on during the death matches? I would image that it would be pretty fun to survive by building destructible structures.

Also, I wish there was some other kind of bot-based SP game (not zombies) with build mode in it....

Wasn't digging the zombie waves at all.

They had the blocks locked, when you do that you can not build or destroy.

Overdoziz

Banned
List of changes in update #1:
lobby glitch (this glitch is the source of most of the online problems (no more getting stuck in lobbies after games, no more random disconnects, no more freezing when joining matches, etc. Protip: don’t join a match that says 65k ping! It will freeze. This is also due to this lobby glitch)
framerate issues (this is not a networking issue, it’s a graphics issue)
code 4 when trying to fill in a locked floor
pressing b immediately after “save map as” = code4
crash when setting max players when match is private

teams
-team 1 and team 2, no more red and blue
-enemies always have red name overhead (same for non-team games)
-teammate names are green
-show teammate names through walls
-cursor changes to green “x” when aiming at teammate
-red “-1” when killing teammate
-always show teammates on radar
-2 scoreboards side by side for each team
-no melee lunge at teammates

show map name in sessions list

machine gun damage increase (9 bullets to kill instead of 10)
-change name to assault rifle

sniper decrease clip to 3 bullets
-remove sniper ricochet

aiming
-sliders for aim acceleration/red cursor sensitivity/aim assist
-increase range of sensitivity
-add x/y sensitivity sliders

press x to select previous weapons loadout

minergun when design mode off:
-remove fill
-decrease line mode to 5 blocks
-remove space blocks

minergun laser sound playing after game ending
controls needs to say use/reload
louder ambience / slightly decrease other volume
system link in multiplayer menu
“Map Making Mode” instead of “Design Mode”
teammate spawn logic (will not attempt to avoid spawning near teammates)
sniper/pistol zoom shutter sound effect
put customize controls at top of menu
make scoreboard font smaller
still says hold X with custom controls
add note about random sessions (or just change “all games” to “any games” or something)
increase zombies score limit

Welp, I'm loving all those changes.. Even the controversial ones like the Sniper since you can spawn with it (remember, the game will still be in testing). The Sniper ricochet though? Was that really a problem?

We're gonna leave the ricochet in.

Cool :]

JFizzle

Neo Member
update sounds great. Are there any plans to do actual gametypes eventually with set starting weapons and weapons on the map?

We plan to add an option for weapons on the map and choosing starting weapons, yeah.

Awesome, why did you lower the Sniper clips size?

Cuz we were trying to make the sniper not so powerful, but we changed our minds about that. We're instead slowing its rate of fire slightly, plus we're making the pistol just like it is in Halo CE (12 bullet clip + slightly faster rate of fire).

We plan to add an option for weapons on the map and choosing starting weapons, yeah.

Cuz we were trying to make the sniper not so powerful, but we changed our minds about that. We're instead slowing its rate of fire slightly, plus we're making the pistol just like it is in Halo CE (12 bullet clip + slightly faster rate of fire).

werwequvt.gif

This game keeps getting better and better.

wwm0nkey

Update is out and it has 13 new maps too.

EDIT: Ok not quite yet, it got approved though so it should be up shortly!

Nazgul11

Alright, so I just got this earlier today and man, it's good. I love the CE feel, and the netcode seems to hold up pretty well. The aim acceleration definitely needs changing, so it's good to hear that we'll have those options in the patch.

I really need to get these Halo maps asap. I bet Lockout 1v1s are amazing.

If anyone with the maps wants to do me a favor, post here or send me a message if you want. GT: Nazgul11

I now have:
A new version of Lockout that is much closer to scale
A new version of Guardian to scale
Foundation
Beaver Creek
Sword Base (Actually good in this game)
Warlock
Midship
The Pit

In addition to the old maps:
Lockout v1
Chillout
Hang Em High

And our GAF maps:
Zanzibar
Sanctuary

All thanks to Ex2x at murderminers.com!

Let me know if anyone needs maps.

I now have:
Foundation
Beaver Creek
Warlock
Midship
The Pit

Lockout v1
Chillout
Hang Em High

And our GAF maps:
Zanzibar
Sanctuary

Yep I would love to grab all of those from you!

Nazgul11

I now have:
Foundation
Beaver Creek
Warlock
Midship
The Pit

Lockout v1
Chillout
Hang Em High

And our GAF maps:
Zanzibar
Sanctuary

I would absolutely love to grab all of these as well. You still plan on playing today?

Top Bottom