• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

wwm0nkey

New update just hit, patch notes.

We fixed a lot of bugs, plus added the rest of the new helmet skins (4 of them shown above). We also put all the maps into categories. No more 'default maps' and 'community maps' ...they're all together now in either the murdermatch, infection, or artistic maps categories. This means that we're going to be more strict in deciding which of your maps make the cut (so we took out some of the current community maps, but added more). I'll have a blog post soon about map requirements.

Infection changes:
-faster radar recharge
-faster melee
-the player with the highest score wins rather than the last man standing
-no more ram attack with zombies :/

Other changes:
-slightly decreased machine gun damage (takes one more bullet to kill now)
-slightly increased grenade damage
-changed the radar a bit, it now has a vision cone and the dots are smaller and more accurate, also enemies will appear on top of teammates (was annoying playing infection and all your zombie teammates would cover up that last man standing on the radar)
-disabled team assassinations
-added unlimited score setting
-when searching for games you can choose a sorting option and you can refresh the list
-it now says what % of blocks are locked in the lobby
-one new skybox

I'll update this post when it's out. Oh and new trailer coming soon!

Also CTF and vehicles coming soon according to the new description.

Unicorn

Once school calms down in the summer I can't wait to try this game again.

It'll be like my relationship with Minecraft. Get in early, see the promise, then come back after numerous updates to a brand new game
KuGsj.gif

wwm0nkey

New update that should be out on Thursday.

This update includes mostly bug fixes and tweaks. We're getting pretty close to a crash-free version.

Some new things in the update:

-You can now disable certain weapons (so you can play melee only, or turn off shotguns, etc.)

-The host can disable team switching and force team switches (so now when we want to get online and dominate you guys in 3v3 we won't have to deal with everyone trying to be on our team :p)

-We didn't get around to adding waves for zombies mode but we did add a couple things to make it better: 1) there's now a "max zombies" option so you can start with the maximum number of zombies instead of building up to that, and 2) if a zombie goes 30 seconds without seeing you he'll die and a new zombie will spawn somewhere else. If a zombie goes 60 seconds without being killed he'll also die. This makes zombies getting stuck less of a problem.

There's also new maps, plus more options when making a new map, and new skyboxes. The radar in Infection mode recharges faster and lasts longer, and we updated the menu font! Oh and there's one new block: the crate.

Should be out by Thursday night. Next update will have Capture the Flag mode!

And probably today we'll be uploading the new trailer along with our Steam Greenlight submission!

wwm0nkey

So due to them adding the option to disable weapons some people have been disabling everything and have turned this game into a boxing game.....it actually works surprisingly well since the game has a dodge feature and crouching helps the punches miss as well.

Feels like a Halo 2 custom game lol

wwm0nkey

They technically already have this in zombie mode since the zombie's secondary weapon is a tentacle that can launch them to building or grab other players.

Oh also I seriously want to host a few rounds of the fists only gametype, due to some of the mechanics in this game it works amazingly.

cluto

Hmm, just loaded this up for the first time in months and found out that one of my maps is in the default map list. Except the map name is "Dead on Arrival by Solo XIII" which is not my gamertag. I wonder if the developers can fix this.

wwm0nkey

Hmm, just loaded this up for the first time in months and found out that one of my maps is in the default map list. Except the map name is "Dead on Arrival by Solo XIII" which is not my gamertag. I wonder if the developers can fix this.

You should really talk to them about that.

wwm0nkey

So my friend found a REALLY cool trick on this game, immediately after you throw a grenade shoot your shotgun this will cause it to explode in mid-air and if you also hit the enemy with your shotgun it will be a insta-kill at medium range. It also makes grenades A LOT more effective even if you don't hit the enemy with your shotgun blast and helps get you out of a tight situation and helps kill around corners.

Nazgul11

Oh also I made a video of that Grenade Shot trick my friend found. Apparently a few people did know about this before but didn't want to make it public so they could use it.

I noticed this trick awhile ago too, but forgot about it soon after since I pretty much never use the shotgun. Also, I had no idea it was an insta kill up close.

One thing this game needs badly is weapons spawning on the map. Once that and CTF are implemented, this game will be super solid for scrims.

wwm0nkey

I noticed this trick awhile ago too, but forgot about it soon after since I pretty much never use the shotgun. Also, I had no idea it was an insta kill up close.

One thing this game needs badly is weapons spawning on the map. Once that and CTF are implemented, this game will be super solid for scrims.

I am REALLY hoping that is coming after the CTF/spawn zone update. I've been wanting it since the game launched.

Sucks they are stuck to being an indie game too because they are still trying to figure out how to do Match Making as well.

Nazgul11

I am REALLY hoping that is coming after the CTF/spawn zone update. I've been wanting it since the game launched.

Sucks they are stuck to being an indie game too because they are still trying to figure out how to do Match Making as well.

If they get greenlit on Steam, that could potentially allow them to run some kind of matchmaking, at least in that version, right?

With the X360 coming to an end as a platform, I feel like Steam is a much better place for the game to live on, since they'll probably be working on it well into the next console cycle.

As long as I can use a controller, that is...

wwm0nkey

If they get greenlit on Steam, that could potentially allow them to run some kind of matchmaking, at least in that version, right?

With the X360 coming to an end as a platform, I feel like Steam is a much better place for the game to live on, since they'll probably be working on it well into the next console cycle.

As long as I can use a controller, that is...

Yes they would easily be able to do it if they got on Steam, problem right now is a lot of people are calling it a rip-off of Ace of Spades even though it plays nothing like it and its not looking like it will pass any time soon :/

I think them releasing it on Desura would be a good start though.

wwm0nkey

Well the CTF update got delayed a week due to being pulled from testing because of a crash. On the plus side though on map weapon spawns might be added due to the delay!

Not a 100% chance but its a good possibility!

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm not entirely sure how the entire Greenlit system works, but I hope this gets on Steam soon. Would buy it straight away.

wwm0nkey

I'm not entirely sure how the entire Greenlit system works, but I hope this gets on Steam soon. Would buy it straight away.

If enough people vote for it they will put it on steam but sadly a lot of people are not voting for it and downvoting it saying "Its a Minecraft/Ace of Spades rip-off"

Hopefully this will change because in the new update they have an ad for it coming to Steam via Greenlight.

wwm0nkey

Ok so Update 7 is in review now and it should pass either tonight or tomorrow.

What is all included in this update (Video Form)

-CTF aka Murder The Flag
-Weapon Spawns on Map
-Hookshot
-Spawn Zones
-Friendly Fire On/Off
-Team Score on HUD
-Network and bug fixes.

wwm0nkey

We need to schedule MM customs night after the patch comes out. Share some good Halo maps.

I talked to Unknown and a few others about getting some 4v4 CTF and TDM matches together and then I need to show you guys the wonders of Infection CTF.

I have a few Halo maps so I will be editing those for weapon spawns before I start customs but if anyone else has any I would recommend doing the same by looking up map layouts from Halo 2/3

Nazgul11

YES YES WEAPONS ON MAP

Update looks phenomenal. I'm so down for customs.

I'll probably set up my Sanc remake to have team spawns, weapon spawns and flag stands on it in the next couple of days.

That would be pretty awesome. Your Sanc remake is one of my favorites.

Overdoziz

Banned
By the way, does the game still use completely random spawns or can they be influenced by where you die, where your enemies are, etc.? Also, I'm assuming you can actually change the direction people face when spawning?

wwm0nkey

By the way, does the game still use completely random spawns or can they be influenced by where you die, where your enemies are, etc.? Also, I'm assuming you can actually change the direction people face when spawning?

Not sure about spawn influence just yet since we were not able to extensively test that out with the amount of people in playtest but it seemed fine.

Also yes when placing a spawn just face they way you would want to spawn and add the spawn point.

The Update should be out today and I am trying to get the Murder Miners HUB guys and JForce to do a Past, Present and Future video for the game and the studio itself since I know some people want to know what current plans are or plans even further out than that.

wwm0nkey

Uuugh I hate fucking Greenlight so much. The first impressions of dumb people controlling whether you get a game is the worst thing ever. Ace of Spades is cool but it has nothing to do with Halo, and you can't even build your own maps...

Yeah they also got bitched at when trying to address all the rip-off comments. Though they put the Greenlight thing on the newest release so that should help get more fans of the game to upvote it at least.

In other news the new update is out and it is awesome :)

I would love to see this game get a artstyle refresh, with a brighter/cleaner cel shaded look. Anyways, all the updates look awesome.. I need to play this again.

wwm0nkey

I would love to see this game get a artstyle refresh, with a brighter/cleaner cel shaded look. Anyways, all the updates look awesome.. I need to play this again.

Hey who knows, when they actually put textures on the armor and guns that was a huge thing so maybe they will add some filters in or something since they are all about adding in options for players.

Overdoziz

Banned
Monkey, do you happen to have my Sanctuary remake? Apparently I deleted it when I removed the game from my hard drive some time ago.

Top Bottom