• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

Overdoziz

Banned
The game isn't prompting me to get the update. :/
I'm still playing the old version of the game.

Edit: Apparently you can't update the game while using an account from a country that doesn't have indie games available.

cluto

The game isn't prompting me to get the update. :/
I'm still playing the old version of the game.

Edit: Apparently you can't update the game while using an account from a country that doesn't have indie games available.

Have you tried creating a US account and then loading the game?

Nazgul11

So many remakes are way too small in scale.

I feel like a good number of them are to scale though. ZLV Lockout, Hang 'Em High, your Sanc map, Chillout etc all seem pretty close. The main problem I have with most of the remakes are the broken spawns.

Btw, your Sanctuary remake is awesome. I always rotate it with Lockout and Hang 'Em High in FFAs.

Someone really needs to try remaking Blood Gulch/Coagulation. It would work really well with team games.

Nazgul11

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I was late to the party and didn't get to play the remakes before the update.

Why is it that certain maps aren't broken at all though? I know for a fact that Lockout, Hang 'Em High and your map work perfectly with whatever the new spawn logic is. I haven't messed around with map editing, but I assume spawns are place-able terrain blocks or objects...?

Why settings do you guys suggest for making the aiming less...bad?

I like the game, but the aiming feels like dragging an anchor across the screen all the time.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I was late to the party and didn't get to play the remakes before the update.

Why is it that certain maps aren't broken at all though?
Do you mean like spawning outside the map broken? I'm talking about people constantly spawning near the same area which started happening after the update.

Nazgul11

Why settings do you guys suggest for making the aiming less...bad?

I like the game, but the aiming feels like dragging an anchor across the screen all the time.

I've played competitive Halo on 4 sensitivity for a long time, and eventually found the settings that are the closest/most comfortable for me.

Give these a shot.

X Sensitivity - 6
Y Sensitivity - 4
X Acceleration - 10
Y Acceleration - 10

Nazgul11

Do you mean like spawning outside the map broken? I'm talking about people constantly spawning near the same area which started happening after the update.

Yeah, I'm talking about spawning outside the map, in between walls, basically anywhere that forces you to commit suicide to get back in the game. Some maps have one or two bad spawns that you'll randomly get, always in the same place, and some have a ton of them. (such as the Pit remake that I have, if I recall correctly)

I've played competitive Halo on 4 sensitivity for a long time, and eventually found the settings that are the closest/most comfortable for me.

Give these a shot.

X Sensitivity - 6
Y Sensitivity - 4
X Acceleration - 10
Y Acceleration - 10

Thanks, that's typically what I play Halo on as well, so I'll give these a shot next time I play.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, I'm talking about spawning outside the map, in between walls, basically anywhere that forces you to commit suicide to get back in the game. Some maps have one or two bad spawns that you'll randomly get, always in the same place, and some have a ton of them. (such as the Pit remake that I have, if I recall correctly)
Yeah, that has to do with the map itself. It's not too hard to fix. If there are hollow blocked off areas people can spawn in outside of the play area you either just have to fill it up or remove the floor so there's no room to spawn.

Nazgul11

Yeah, that has to do with the map itself. It's not too hard to fix. If there are hollow blocked off areas people can spawn in outside of the play area you either just have to fill it up or remove the floor so there's no room to spawn.

Huh, that's interesting. So how do you control spawns inside the play area? Are spawns just based off of any floor blocks in the map?

wwm0nkey

Helped playtest last night, left a few suggestions that you guys would probably like :)

(Not sure if any of these will actually happen but they are pretty welcoming on feedback/suggestions which is awesome)

Any chance of them adding new weapons like rockets, a precision weapon thats not a sniper, etc? Also, adding gametypes that only have a few non power starting weapons with power weapons on the map?

wwm0nkey

Any chance of them adding new weapons like rockets, a precision weapon thats not a sniper, etc? Also, adding gametypes that only have a few non power starting weapons with power weapons on the map?

I know they want to add a grappling hook lol

Also the game is now the #1 most popular indie game :)

Tunavi

Banned
This game is really good. Getting back into it after giving up on h4.

Just played 3v3 Battle Creek and FFA on nuketown.

wwm0nkey

Yes it is, I just wish more people knew about it.

Can someone help me out and share some good Halo maps?
Well it does have that message to all friends option in the game you know ;D

I think someone here has a majority of them though including the Minibar one I made.

Nazgul11

This game is better than Halo 4.

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

Apparently there are a lot of new Halo maps that have been made. Most of them are from H3/Reach (AKA later in the vid). I have the Boardwalk remake.

Does anyone here still play this? We need to get matches going or something.

Top Bottom