• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

wwm0nkey

Awesome. Still need those Halo Maps. Do you mind if i shoot you a FR?

Sure, not sure if my FL is full yet but if it is just send me a message.

Also new update in a few days that I don't know whats going in it but apparently they have been talking to Gandhi for feedback and ect on the game.

wwm0nkey

Gandhi? Sounds promising.
Well he tried to get a hold of JForce via twitter and then they tried to get a hold of him via twitter but it got lost in a lot of tweets. So they want to get Gandhi's help but getting a hold of him is a bitch apparently :/

So if anyone knows a way to get a hold of him tell me so I can give JForce the info.

EDIT: Nvm gave him JForces info so it should all be good :)

Well he tried to get a hold of JForce via twitter and then they tried to get a hold of him via twitter but it got lost in a lot of tweets. So they want to get Gandhi's help but getting a hold of him is a bitch apparently :/

So if anyone knows a way to get a hold of him tell me so I can give JForce the info.

EDIT: Nvm gave him JForces info so it should all be good :)
Nice, I heard him bitch about murder miners on his stream once. Hopefully his issues with the game will be addressed.

wwm0nkey

Ok so the new update that is coming out is a pretty small one. It changes the kill feed to be like Counter Strike.

Now while they work on an iPhone version that will be only zombies and map making mode they will still be pushing out updates. The next update will probably be all focused around aiming and the one following that will be Matchmaking.

Ok so the new update that is coming out is a pretty small one. It changes the kill feed to be like Counter Strike.

Now while they work on an iPhone version that will be only zombies and map making mode they will still be pushing out updates. The next update will probably be all focused around aiming and the one following that will be Matchmaking.

Any chance of an Android release?

wwm0nkey

Update is out now. "player joining" text was moved out of the way and the kill feed is in the top right so that all looks A LOT better than before. Its small but it helps the game over all.

As for Android release they are using UNITY so it should be easy for an Android port.

Also they do have Gandhi's info and are talking to him now :)

Update is out now. "player joining" text was moved out of the way and the kill feed is in the top right so that all looks A LOT better than before. Its small but it helps the game over all.

As for Android release they are using UNITY so it should be easy for an Android port.

Also they do have Gandhi's info and are talking to him now :)
I'm down to buy it on android. I'm glad they are getting input from gandhi

BigShow36

Bought this game over the weekend and it's fantastic. Wish I had more time to play. One thing I ran into was that the respawn timers on CTF are way too fast. Not sure if that's just a server host choice or part of the game.

wwm0nkey

Bought this game over the weekend and it's fantastic. Wish I had more time to play. One thing I ran into was that the respawn timers on CTF are way too fast. Not sure if that's just a server host choice or part of the game.

Sometimes the flag counters glitch up. Though they probably will be increasing the default time (15sec) to 20sec.

Also right now they are working on the freezes and aiming (will be like Halo CE) for the next update.

BigShow36

Sometimes the flag counters glitch up. Though they probably will be increasing the default time (15sec) to 20sec.

Also right now they are working on the freezes and aiming (will be like Halo CE) for the next update.

This seemed almost like instant respawn (~3 seconds). It was still fun, because there's an actual shooting skill gap so you can counter stuff like that just by outshooting your opponent, but it would be problematic in the long run.

There's been some instances where I'm sure it's lag, but I can't switch weapons. For what I paid for it, this game is amazing and I'm stoked they're continuing to support it.

wwm0nkey

This seemed almost like instant respawn (~3 seconds). It was still fun, because there's an actual shooting skill gap so you can counter stuff like that just by outshooting your opponent, but it would be problematic in the long run.

There's been some instances where I'm sure it's lag, but I can't switch weapons. For what I paid for it, this game is amazing and I'm stoked they're continuing to support it.

Yeah that is a bug that they are trying to nail down.

Also yeah, I mean you can complain but at the end of the day it was only $1 lol

wwm0nkey

Plans for Update 12:
-the sword!
-improved aiming
-improved menu/lobby
-other things!

Not sure when this will be out as right now we're focusing on the iOS version of Murder Miners. We'll let you know...IN THE FUTURE.

1005404_375027425932592_1083702213_n.png

Seventy5

Downloaded this today for a fucking dollar! Nice job guys, this is hella fun. After the demo, I would have paid five bucks without hesitation.

wwm0nkey

Sent them the link to the free PSM publishing for a year offer Sony is doing right now and they are looking into it, so we might see this on the VITA since it supports UNITY and thats what the iPhone version is built off of.

wwm0nkey

I'd buy this on vita in an instant.

Yeah and a lot of VITA users are looking for more games and there are not too many FPS games to compete with right now either so I think its a great chance for them. I also sent them the regular Playstation publishing info so lets hope they look into that as well :)

wwm0nkey

Damn I want this on PC ):
Not looking too good for Greenlight as of now, they are going to do kind of a relaunch thing at some point when they game is content complete I think. So that might help get it on Steam.
(Personally I think releasing it via Desura and their own site would be a good start too)

I need to give this another shot. Does everyone still start with a sniper? That's what I disliked most about the game.

You can disable starting weapons and place weapons on map now. I would recommend downloading the MurderMinersLeague Map and disabling all weapons besides the pistol or AR.

Match Making is not too far off so that will help a lot as well.

wwm0nkey

New update out this Monday, its a big one :)

1004084_385051334930201_1991042477_n.png

Main addition is the Battle Rifle! It's super fun to use.

We also added a quick 180 turn, by holding reload and pressing the sprint button. Also you'll be able to play with up to 8 players with zombies on.

Other things:

-option to close your game from all players (before if your game was private, players in your game could still invite other players in, which could cause disconnects due to incompatible NAT types).
-the OP Sniper, for our hardcore players who want to put the sniper on the map as a power weapon
-Thumb stick deadzone options (now you'll be to make much smaller aiming adjustments)
-Spectator can cycle between players with the dpad, and it now shows all player names
-Fixed the sword lunge friendly fire issue
-Sword is placeable on the map
-Other misc. stuff

Should be out Monday morning!

Ghazi

What would they be sued for though?

idk, Halo Maps, weapons, etc.

They're kinda lifting these things from Halo and since this is on MS's own service I would've expected them to have been told to stop or legal be threatened towards them. MS isn't exactly known for playing nice when it comes to their stuff being used for community games I believe.

wwm0nkey

idk, Halo Maps, weapons, etc.

They're kinda lifting these things from Halo and since this is on MS's own service I would've expected them to have been told to stop or legal be threatened towards them. MS isn't exactly known for playing nice when it comes to their stuff being used for community games I believe.
Well maps were just added to the base game in the last update after them waiting to see if any action was taken against that paintball game for having only remake maps. They will remove them if they are asked though.

Also the only weapon that is visually similar is the pistol honesty but even then I would not call it "lifted"

Or maybe MS just doesn't care enough about XBLIG stuff :p

Ghazi

Well maps were just added to the base game in the last update after them waiting to see if any action was taken against that paintball game for having only remake maps. They will remove them if they are asked though.

Also the only weapon that is visually similar is the pistol honesty but even then I would not call it "lifted"

Or maybe MS just doesn't care enough about XBLIG stuff :p

Of course, I didn't mean to imply I meant visually lifted, they just happen to act the same and have the same names. The maps, I'm sure that isn't that big of a deal.

I hope MS keeps "not caring" about Indie stuff because this game is fun!

wwm0nkey

Of course, I didn't mean to imply I meant visually lifted, they just happen to act the same and have the same names. The maps, I'm sure that isn't that big of a deal.

I hope MS keeps "not caring" about Indie stuff because this game is fun!
Yeah would be pretty bad to see this game get some forced changes. At least we don't have to worry about AAs and perks here :D

Also update might actually make it out tomorrow!

belushy

Banned
I really like some of the 2v2 gameplay I've been seeing.

BR is great too from what I've played. I really need to get on and play it more though.

Any news on a PC release? Or did they just stop since it didn't get a good wrap on Greenlight because of ignoramuses?

belushy

Banned
I'd be stoked if when the PC version comes out, if it is open source. Would be cool to be able to go in and see how it plays without sprint (even though I think it plays fine) or add some other guns in like the rocket launcher among other weapons.

wwm0nkey

Going to bump this thread so people know update 15 is out and its the last one for the 360 platform and it includes vehicles. PC version is pretty much a go since they are in the top 100 on green light so if you want them to get started sooner vote on green light so they can get the Steamworks API.

Steam version will be based on update 15 and will be worked on while they transition to MurderMiners 2 which will be PC/PS4/One

Top Bottom