• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

Overdoziz

Banned
So I set up Sanctuary with team spawns, weapon spawns and flag stands now. Turns out that the framerate increasingly goes to shit if you place 15+ spawnzones. Luckily this only affects building mode while you've got spawnzone visibility turned on as far as I know.

wwm0nkey

So I set up Sanctuary with team spawns, weapon spawns and flag stands now. Turns out that the framerate increasingly goes to shit if you place 15+ spawnzones. Luckily this only affects building mode while you've got spawnzone visibility turned on as far as I know.

Huh, did you also have it set to show invisible blocks as well? Also did you did that Pit v6 map with snipers?

Overdoziz

Banned
Huh, did you also have it set to show invisible blocks as well? Also did you did that Pit v6 map with snipers?
Not sure what you mean by the first part of your post and I didn't touch that The Pit map.

Also, turns out it does affect framerate in normal matches too. It started out fine but as the game went on and more people joined (not sure if this is related) the framerate started to get dramatically worse. I'll create a different version with larger spawn zones instead of just individual spawns later today or tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix the framerate issues.

wwm0nkey

Not sure what you mean by the first part of your post and I didn't touch that The Pit map.

Also, turns out it does affect framerate in normal matches too. It started out fine but as the game went on and more people joined (not sure if this is related) the framerate started to get dramatically worse. I'll create a different version with larger spawn zones instead of just individual spawns later today or tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix the framerate issues.

I will go tell JForce about this and hopefully they can fix it in the next update.

wwm0nkey

Ok so I tested it and yeah it turns out if you go spawn crazy the framerate really does go to shit. This should be fixed by next update but to do a temp fix just make bigger spawn points.

Overdoziz

Banned
Sanctuary is now set up with spawns and no framerate issues. :)

Edit: I also set up that The Pit map with proper team spawns. Also changed some of the weapons locations/spawn timers and made some minor structural changes. Now I'm going to work a bit on Lockout and Hang 'em High.
By the way, can Alpha and Omega team spawn in neutral spawnzones or is it only used for FFA spawning?

Overdoziz

Banned
I forgot that I actually need to get Lockout from somewhere again. In the end I'll hopefully have a decent amount of fairly good remakes set up with spawns, weapons and flags.

Edit: Never mind, got Lockout.

wwm0nkey

JForce has shown the first picture of the BR which is done, it will be included in $1 DLC along with some extra little goodies.

brpreviewo.jpg

[They said they will probably make it placeable on the map but to spawn with it in non MatchMaking modes you will need the DLC]

JForce has shown the first picture of the BR which is done, it will be included in $1 DLC along with some extra little goodies.

brpreviewo.jpg

[They said they will probably make it placeable on the map but to spawn with it in non MatchMaking modes you will need the DLC]

Wait, how does DLC for Indie Games work? Do they essentially just make a new version of the game or what?

wwm0nkey

Wait, how does DLC for Indie Games work? Do they essentially just make a new version of the game or what?

They are making a little mini-game for XBLIG but its only being made so they can sell the DLC code and it wont be anything big. Its smart and its going to be marketed as DLC+Mini-game rather than just the mini-game.

wwm0nkey

Ok so the new update got delayed about 2 days so it will be out Tuesday. Adds a bit more than map sharing.

-Fixed Waypoints
-When shield is down it makes sparks (this is actually a pretty big thing when you think about it)
-Weapon no longer drops on pick up of the flag
-Can no longer side or front dash with the flag
-Dashing takes you out of zoom

Also the way Map Making mode works is awesome, someone creates a map making lobby and creates a category, you can put as many maps as you want in the category and make new ones. So for example you can make two lobbies, one for Halo and one for Call of Duty but still be in the same Map Sharing mode. You can also enable other people to share their own maps if you want and its a per-category option.

sounds awesome! I can finally get some halo maps. I still only have u4ix's hang em high.

It would be cool if they added options to disable sprint and another option to increase player speed.

EDIT: Any chance of this game going on PSN?

wwm0nkey

sounds awesome! I can finally get some halo maps. I still only have u4ix's hang em high.

It would be cool if they added options to disable sprint and another option to increase player speed.

EDIT: Any chance of this game going on PSN?

I mean you never know, with the PS4 being built like a PC and being VERY welcoming to Indie devs its possible. Also if the AppHUB in Windows 8 is in Xbox 720 expect it to be a fully featured game not held back by XBLIG rules.

Also for PC players or people who want it on PC, I made a video about them possibly exploring Microtransactions (CHEAP and ONLY COSMETIC ONES) and the aspect of making the game F2P on the PC with that system. Would you guys be cool with that?

wwm0nkey

Custom map folders are actually a great idea.

Now instead of a huge list of maps I have categories and it helps soooo much, any game with custom maps should have folders.

Also you guys should tell me what you think about the update 8 preview video, took me 2 hours to make lol

Overdoziz

Banned
Now instead of a huge list of maps I have categories and it helps soooo much, any game with custom maps should have folders.

Also you guys should tell me what you think about the update 8 preview video, took me 2 hours to make lol
The added text could've beeen a bit clearer. Sometimes it's barely readable/noticeable because of the background. Other than that it was a nice, short, to-the-point video showcasing the changes.

wwm0nkey

The added text could've beeen a bit clearer. Sometimes it's barely readable/noticeable because of the background. Other than that it was a nice, short, to-the-point video showcasing the changes.

Yeah I will work on that next time, for some reason my editor shrank the text as it got longer, thats why the first word is easy to see and the rest is a blur if you are not in 720p and watching with the bigger screen or full screen mode.

Overdoziz

Banned
That list of Halo maps in the JForce file sharing session is a bit disappointing. So far aside from one or two they all have scaling issues.
I tried to recreate a Narrows remake that was close to scale but I soon figured out that the space blocks won't propel you far enough for it to work well.

wwm0nkey

That list of Halo maps in the JForce file sharing session is a bit disappointing. So far aside from one or two they all have scaling issues.
I tried to recreate a Narrows remake that was close to scale but I soon figured out that the space blocks won't propel you far enough for it to work well.

Surprisingly the Countdown remake is pretty amazing even though the scale is off.

wwm0nkey

Ok well me and the other testers were working on something to submit to JForce and I have to ask for your opinions.

What do you guys think about this HUD mock-up?
jbiAS06f5ZZYG4.png

cluto

1. The background image was the first thing I noticed, which isn't necessarily what a background image should be doing in a UI (it's way too distracting/busy).
2. It's been a while since I've played it, but doesn't Murder Miners support 16 players? It doesn't look like that many gamertags will fit in the player list.
3. There's a lot of unused space. At the very least, I would try moving the various screen elements inward so your eyes don't have to travel so far.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, the background is a bit busy, wouldn't hurt to make it cleaner. I also suggest that you make it so all the text boxes align with each other better, that makes it look a lot sleeker in my opinion. The left side is a mess of differently sized boxes.

wwm0nkey

Yeah, the background is a bit busy, wouldn't hurt to make it cleaner. I also suggest that you make it so all the text boxes align with each other better, that makes it look a lot sleeker in my opinion. The left side is a mess of differently sized boxes.
Again it wad just kind of a quick mock up Lobby UI to show JForce that there are MUCH better ways to set up a lobby (don't know why I said HUD) but thank you guys for the feedback!

wwm0nkey

Random question but what would you guys think about the DLC not including the BR and have that just be added to the game and have the DLC include armor stuff and early "beta" access to Match Making?

Overdoziz

Banned
Could you ask them if they could change space blocks so they shoot you further when you run into them? Right now with each block you add on top of the others you get shot into the air higher and higher. This is only the case when walking into them, though. When you run into them this also happens up to a height of 2 blocks. After that you only get thrown as far as you do when there's only 2 blocks on top of each other. It'd be cool if adding blocks vertically it would shoot you up higher vertically and adding blocks horizontally would shoot you further away horizontally.

If they do that I can continue building my Narrows remake. :)

wwm0nkey

Could you ask them if they could change space blocks so they shoot you further when you run into them? Right now with each block you add on top of the others you get shot into the air higher and higher. This is only the case when walking into them, though. When you run into them this also happens up to a height of 2 blocks. After that you only get thrown as far as you do when there's only 2 blocks on top of each other. It'd be cool if adding blocks vertically it would shoot you up higher vertically and adding blocks horizontally would shoot you further away horizontally.

If they do that I can continue building my Narrows remake. :)
I will suggest that to them for sure!

Is jforce still doing map sharing? They are never on when I get on.

I think they are going to host another one soon, I will probably host my own around 6:30 EST

wwm0nkey

Thank you very much

Let me just record 3 min of footage and I will host. So just wait 10 min and check map sharing.

Also for the creative types. I am doing a little community engagement thing and if you guys want to, make a 512x512 image that could possibly make it into the game.

Top Bottom