• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

ep 20

C_zTPM4XYAEnX2X.jpg:small
C_zTQVVXcAI6tAJ.jpg:small

LOL at KamiBaku moment there, I hope for more, also I still love how he and other bakucrew members can still play and chat around with him.

Midoriya was disappointing, magical powers at the last minute was lazy writing.

Todoroki was the best. I wish someday we get a Todoroki v kaminari fight, the two strongest in the franchise throwing down would be amazing.

Permanently A

ep 20

C_zTPM4XYAEnX2X.jpg:small
C_zTQVVXcAI6tAJ.jpg:small

LOL at KamiBaku moment there, I hope for more, also I still love how he and other bakucrew members can still play and chat around with him.

Midoriya was disappointing, magical powers at the last minute was lazy writing.

Todoroki was the best. I wish someday we get a Todoroki v kaminari fight, the two strongest in the franchise throwing down would be amazing.

How kaminari is strongest? in the whole franchise there's tons of adults better than him, and in just the class bakugou and deku and probably stronger. yaoyorozu also shuts down kaminari as we've seen

NEO0MJ

Why are you guys still falling for DTL? I thought we agreed we wouldn't give his outlandish claims too much thought 🤔

NSESN

Kaminari has the strongest quirk in the class. But he is not smart enough to be a threat to the Shoto or Bakugou.

Oh yea Kaminari definitely has one of the strongest quirk. His only problem is his own resistance to it and that he just zap everything around him.

Boku no Hero Academia - 20

Fun episode, love the background we got from Shinso during it. Highly likely he's gonna be inducted into the same hero class as the others once the tournament arc is over to which I look forward to in how the series handles his Qurik in a combat situation.

Kinda annoyed with the announcer dude shouting everything out and ruining any kind of subtle. During the Sero/Todoroki match I found it great that Sero was able to use his Quirk for a quick round out to which quickly became annoyance as the announcer literally explained it as the best possible strategy for him, blah. Pity cheer was great though.

Regardless I do hope the final battles go longer instead of pitting two one after another (maybe like a battle for each episode?)

NEO0MJ

So after Endeavor's talk about how the combination of his and his "wife's" quirks manifested best in Todo, I started to wonder what Deku could have gotten from his parents. His mom could pull stuff twords her body (pretty much nerfed telekenesis) and his dad could breathe fire. Can't figure out what they could combine into, though. Of course, he could have ended up with just a copy of one of them, but that's boring :p

You cray, the announcer is amazing in japanese.

Some people are just not fans of how everything has to be explained to the viewer, even if it makes sense in context.

caliph95

So after Endeavor's talk about how the combination of his and his "wife's" quirks manifested best in Todo, I started to wonder what Deku could have gotten from his parents. His mom could pull stuff twords her body (pretty much nerfed telekenesis) and his dad could breathe fire. Can't figure out what they could combine into, though. Of course, he could have ended up with just a copy of one of them, but that's boring :p

Some people are just not fans of how everything has to be explained to the viewer, even if it makes sense in context.
Feels like he would be basically endeavour since it's telekinesis + fire
I had pics off possible quirks in the manga thread that i got from reddit.

NEO0MJ

Pyrokenesis feels too simple an answer. Maybe it would have worked if his mom had full fledged telekenesis and his dad a more robust use of fire.
Or maybe I'm overcomplicating it.

caliph95

Some what ifs from reddit like what if Deku has a quirk (though it is more than likely old but i'm bored and pricrastinating:
Part 1:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/52a948b1caa284a305ed0ec1fe364619/tumblr_o5os2a4SBQ1sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]
Part 2:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/edd9286e569c5dbc67e44c7fbe2d3178/tumblr_o5r4t8FLg41sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/aaa33dd1b2bac420b42cd73864ad7fa8/tumblr_o5r4t8FLg41sjr8edo2_1280.png[/IMG]
Part 3:
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/66e11b950e31f1f44274eb449a4a2031/tumblr_o5zyepHWZh1sjr8edo1_1280.png[/IMG]

jett

D-Member

It wouldn't be shonen anime/manga without some character unnecessarily spelling out everything that is going on. :p

As for this tournament arc, they're clearly chaneling the ring announcer from Dragonball's tournaments. This dude got nothing on the OG though.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/f27b61123b7cfc09047a99424e096854/tumblr_o7kbuzbHyi1u5iy9fo2_1280.png[/IMG][IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c2ab91a06e53085e294d9c65e9215d57/tumblr_o7kbuzbHyi1u5iy9fo1_1280.png[/IMG][IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c8efa2b23b58f4cf1128063be72fbe4d/tumblr_o7kbuzbHyi1u5iy9fo3_1280.png[/IMG]

Holy shit that is so much better.

For some reason I am noticing dimming A LOT more this season of anime. Makes me cringe when I see it.

Yea I agree it's very noticeable this time and I am going to bet it's because of the channel change. The animation is also flashier so I suppose it's also why it's even more present.

Watching the BD of season 1 with none of it was pure bliss.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
One piece of dimming, that might have been originally there to begin with, is at 1:13 in the youtube video. The rest looks super clean now.

That dimming seriously kills a lot of the hype moments in the show for me, especially when it always seems to be unleashed when Todoroki uses his ice quirk.

Tace

Finally saw the episode. Shinsou made MUCH more of an impact on me then when I read the fight in the manga. A lot of it has to do with the stellar animation and the music(when they cheer Shinsou after he lost and the music changes made me almost lose it), but I also think Shinsou has a lot of potential as a character. Is anyone else getting a Shikamaru vibe off of him?

Next week looks good. Can't wait for Deku vs. Todoroki and Uraraka vs. Bakugo!

Finally saw the episode. Shinsou made MUCH more of an impact on me then when I read the fight in the manga. A lot of it has to do with the stellar animation and the music(when they cheer Shinsou after he lost and the music changes made me almost lose it), but I also think Shinsou has a lot of potential as a character. Is anyone else getting a Shikamaru vibe off of him?

Next week looks good. Can't wait for Deku vs. Todoroki and Uraraka vs. Bakugo!

This was easily one of these episodes where it took the manga and made everything better. The whole Shinso fight was insane in the anime. The activation of OfA(the anime-only part)...holy shit. I keep re-watching it and damn I am amazed every time. And yea the whole thing with the students made the ending of it 10/10. Also I really liked the little liberties they took with the Shnso past flashback and the way they like expended on it. Gave it much more impact imo.

Tace

This was easily one of these episodes where it took the manga and made everything better. The whole Shinso fight was insane in the anime. The activation of OfA(the anime-only part)...holy shit. I keep re-watching it and damn I am amazed every time. And yea the whole thing with the students made the ending of it 10/10. Also I really liked the little liberties they took with the Shnso past flashback and the way they like expended on it. Gave it much more impact imo.

Yes! Anytime OfA activates I get as giddy as schoolgirl who just got smiled at by her crush on her birthday. And I'm a guy, haha

cntr

Banned
Yeah, even Momo has more or less a realistic appearance with visible fat and all in the manga, but that's not something the anime will ever do.

Top Bottom