• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Speaking of Todoroki, the way his dad talked about his other children was freaky. Like, he kept having offspring until he got one that combined their quirks in just the right way.

Also, poor Shinso. Mind control/telepathy powers are some of the more annoying powers to deal with. By their very nature they're some of the most invasive and agency robbing around, and are super easy to misuse.
Do his powers work regardless of if he wants them to? It seemed from his conversation with Deku after the match that people fall under his spell automatically.

I think they specifically said that he has to make the decision himself to flip the brainwash switch. The character intrigues me a lot and I hope we see more of him.

As for the sibling stuff, yeah I just immediately thought "oh god, there are a whole bunch of others he assumedly deems failures?!".

Speaking of Todoroki, the way his dad talked about his other children was freaky. Like, he kept having offspring until he got one that combined their quirks in just the right way.

Also, poor Shinso. Mind control/telepathy powers are some of the more annoying powers to deal with. By their very nature they're some of the most invasive and agency robbing around, and are super easy to misuse.
Do his powers work regardless of if he wants them to? It seemed from his conversation with Deku after the match that people fall under his spell automatically.
Present Mic said it was only when he wanted too. His conversation with Kacchan in episode 15 pretty much proves it.

NEO0MJ

I think they specifically said that he has to make the decision himself to flip the brainwash switch. The character intrigues me a lot and I hope we see more of him.

As for the sibling stuff, yeah I just immediately thought "oh god, there are a whole bunch of others he assumedly deems failures?!".

Present Mic said it was only when he wanted too. His conversation with Kacchan in episode 15 pretty much proves it.

Oh yeah, right. Guess he was just seeing how far he could push it with Deku :p
Wonder how he would have fared against Kacchan. He's smart but too much of a hot head.

Ascheroth

It's kind of laughable that Endeavor is the number 2 hero. Dude called Todoroki a 'thing' last episode in his talk with all might and then his talk this time about his other children...
What an asshole. But yeah, drives the point home that being a hero != being heroic in this universe.

Shinso is a really interesting character. His situation is kind of similar to Deku. One was born with no quirk and wants to be a hero, the other was born with a villains quirk and wants to be a hero.

Moaradin

1494676440816e9yro.png

ShadyK54

This episode......holy shit how could they make everything look so COOL!? I MEAN DAMN!
-----------------------
My Hero Academia 20

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!

That Shinso fight, I never expected so much highlight animation from it...YOOOO! AND man do I love the way they animate OfA...it's crazy good. Kind of sad for Shinso though, but I really liked the *You can be a hero* moment too at the end. It was super emotional.

And also TODOROKI!!!! I mean damn...DAMN! This was aboslutely insane!

Basically all of this. Todoroki too OP. If he were to ever use his other side in tandem with the ice? Good fucking lord.

The wall of ice was sick, too. Love how freaked out everyone looked lol.

Shame for Sero though. He actually looked really cool for a few seconds.

Dude was just hopelessly outmatched. Basically the entire class is vs. Todoroki, barring Deku (someday) and maybe Bakugou (who's mobile enough to avoid the ice, or strong enough to bash through it). Yaoyorozu is too slow or she'd be another one.

caliph95

Dude was just hopelessly outmatched. Basically the entire class is vs. Todoroki, barring Deku (someday) and maybe Bakugou (who's mobile enough to avoid the ice, or strong enough to bash through it). Yaoyorozu is too slow or she'd be another one.
Maybe Tokiyomi at the right time of day and night

I really liked the change in the ost from the beginning to end of the Shinso fight. When Aizawa starts talking about Shinso's situation(he has the qualification of a villain) we get this weird creepy sounding song playing, but as we get to the end with the other students/heroes speaking we get an hopeful emotional track(You can be a hero too). I thought it was very fitting and made the whole thing even better.

Great episode. I enjoyed the animations and seeing these manga fights come to life. I can't wait for some of the other matches.

I feel for Shinso and Todo is OP for sure.

Sou Da

'Don't worry' was fucking hilarious, it's definitely something you'd hear in an irl blowout of a kid's sporting event.

The back-to-back abusive parent reel is awful. Coming from a similar background, that kind of character background/arc always churns my stomach. Been seeing a lot of it recently for whatever reason.

I really liked how they animated this episode. The differet style to highlight Hitoshi Shinsou's Quirk was hype af. Glad that they're really making characters like Sero look cool even if they lose in 10 seconds or less.

Ezalc

It's amazing how like half of class A has these broken ass powers and the other half has some really weak stuff.

I think a cool thing to point out is how Aizawa is the one who voices complaints about the entrance exam amongst the UA staff, because like Shinso his quirk only works on people and would be useless on machines so he probably understands the flaws in the exam system more than others

TheFlow

Banned
Nah. The only way Midoriya beats Todoroki when they fight is if Midoriya actually goes all out and tries to 1 shot him while breaking lots of his bones. He won't do that though cause he's a bitch.

yep, Midoriya won't go to the extreme against his classmates. Baku will and that is why he will rekt.

Hypron

Nah. The only way Midoriya beats Todoroki when they fight is if Midoriya actually goes all out and tries to 1 shot him while breaking lots of his bones. He won't do that though cause he's a bitch.

Hitting another student with OFA's full strength would surely kill them. I wouldn't call Deku a bitch for not wanting to murder another student lol

NEO0MJ

He only gets one shot if he decides to go all out. And there's also the fact that if he does that he'll probably be out of commission for the whole day.

mileS

I really liked the change in the ost from the beginning to end of the Shinso fight. When Aizawa starts talking about Shinso's situation(he has the qualification of a villain) we get this weird creepy sounding song playing, but as we get to the end with the other students/heroes speaking we get an hopeful emotional track(You can be a hero too). I thought it was very fitting and made the whole thing even better.

Just about every episode something like this stands out to me too. The ost is on another level here. It's not just the quality itself, but where and how they use it. This is going to be an easily re-watchable series for me in large part due to the soundtrack.

Permanently A

Really good episode today. Mad respect to Shinso for his outlook on his powers. Hope he gets more screentime in the future, I'd like to see what kind of heroic usages his ability could have. Maybe brainwashing scared people to get themselves out of danger?

Also the "protagonist awakening" moment gave me chills. That was so well done.

Really looking forwards to the next episode. They go by so fast its crazy!

Puruzi

Banned
The fuck dude? He would kill any student he hit if he went all out with OFA

Top Bottom