• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Holy fucking shit oh my god this fucking show has hit another fucking level my fucking god I watched the entire sequence where You Say Run played like 10 or 20 times before letting the rest of the show play on

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

MY FACE

IS MELTING

Step aside Hunter x Hunter 126, this is the new king of shonen episodes.

HOLY FLYING SHIT

ShadyK54

Is this season going to 13 episodes, or 26?

Just curious because I'm looking at the manga & figuring where this season will likely end in terms of the manga (if it only goes to 13).

giphy.gif

3e50269184fd3b48f6dfd6b512090c91.gif

it's confirmed 2-cour, i don't remember if that's 24 or 26

Jintor

one fun thing is that the size of the arena constantly shifts throughout the battle lol. dramatic licence! i don't care though because the end result is cool.

todoroki's fire blastback is insane. endeavour is an abusive wanker who deserves some serious jailtime, but also it turns out literal eugenics works eventually. lmao.

Dahbomb

Is he an underdog tho? What in terms of popularity sure.
Come on now man, 100% power level Todoroki would wipe the floor of Bakugan. Dual quirks with synergy to counteract each other's drawbacks/side effects. Bakugan has one quirk and he isn't even using his grenade hands.

If Bakugan wins it would have to be through cleverness or sheer will or some plot device/armor.

Come on now man, 100% power level Todoroki would wipe the floor of Bakugan. Dual quirks with synergy to counteract each other's drawbacks/side effects. Bakugan has one quirk and he isn't even using his grenade hands.

If Bakugan wins it would have to be through cleverness or sheer will or some plot device/armor.
Meh I don't like the guy but I'm not gonna sleep on him

Dahbomb

Old Bakugan would have easily lost to Zero G girl. All she had to do was touch him. He zoned out her out with precision and didn't go all out as to not straight up kill her. Bakugan has grown as a character since he lost to Midorima in that training exercise.

Good thing for Bakugan is that it's not a straight fight, he can win with ring out. If he is under heat from Todoroki he can quickly accumulate sweat for a powerful knockback concussion attack.

This very episode highlights that bakugo isn't a brute, he's sitting in the stands analyzing todoroki during the fight and correctly assesses that he has a physical limitation to his quirk.

theWB27

This very episode highlights that bakugo isn't a brute, he's sitting in the stands analyzing todoroki during the fight and correctly assesses that he has a physical limitation to his quirk.

Based off he himself having a limit outside of the suit he designed.

mileS

Fantastic episode! Just... wow. I can't stop watching the end.

Count me as one of the people that expected the Mom to be evil. Either way I expected Endeavor to be the main reason he was messed up anyway. I really like how they spliced the flashbacks in bit by bit, instead of hitting us with it all at once like most shows do. Both this and Attack on Titan are fantastic when it comes to handling flashbacks imo.

Yeah Todoroki seems OP as all hell. And Bakugo seems to be a simple-minded hothead too.

What??? The only time he was simple minded hothead was against Midoriya in their first test, bakugous many moments since then have showed hes one of the more capable and calculating characters, even his ochako match when the teacher explained what Bakugou was doing for Ochako, and this episode when he was having his inner monologue about todoroki.

I want Bakugo to win over Todoroki. He's clearly the underdog in the fight but I hope he does win and show up Endeavor. It would still be a hollow victory because he didn't get to fight Midorima.

What? Did you suddenly forget the massive assault Bakugou unleashed against Ochako sending rocks even to the stadiums roof and not getting tired at all??? Or forget how mobile Bakugou is??? Im not seeing how Bakugou can even be considered a gram of an underdog here.

ryushe

I can't state enough that both Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia's anime versions completely eclipse their manga versions.

The music alone makes it a completely different experience.
It's insane.

I'm usually a "the manga is superior" type of dude, but man... I can't imagine reading this or AoT anymore after these past few episodes.

Finaj

I'm curious. Now that the main character is out of the tournament, who are we going to be rooting for going forward?

Jintor

eh it's like you all forgot s1's pacing lol

anime highs are much higher because of colour/animation/audio/voice but mediocre anime is still mediocre anime

Shouta

Hot damn, that extra bit of amazing animation at the end was insane. That's how you set yourself apart from your source material. =o

antibolo

Banned
I'm curious. Now that the main character is out of the tournament, who are we going to be rooting for going forward?

I am thinking the same.

First thing that came to mind when Midoriya lost was "ugh the rest of that arc is going to suck now"

Moaradin

eh it's like you all forgot s1's pacing lol

anime highs are much higher because of colour/animation/audio/voice but mediocre anime is still mediocre anime

Nothing about this season has been mediocre. I could understand it if you said that about the first season, though I'd still disagree. Even with the problems it was still an above average shonen adaption.

LotusHD

Banned
It's insane.

I'm usually a "the manga is superior" type of dude, but man... I can't imagine reading this or AoT anymore after these past few episodes.

My general rule is: "Anime is always better than manga... until it's not."

I'm going with a character.

If it weren't for All For One's origin I'd feel like MHA is Objectivist propaganda.

I feel in 100 episodes Deku will master All For One and talk about how much of a self made man he is, and how people just need to work harder to be Number 1.

It's kind of asinine that Deku suggests everyone is striving to be Number 1. I sincerely doubt that. Like there's literally no way someone like "tape elbow" dude or "frog girl" could seriously think they can compete with Deku/Todoroki/Bakugo. If they truly are striving to become Number 1 they are striving in vain. The nature of quirks makes society so inherently unequal that its laughable how often the narrative seems to suggest "JUST WORK HARD" is enough to become a contender for Number 1.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If it weren't for All For One's origin I'd feel like MHA is Objectivist propaganda.

I feel in 100 episodes Deku will master All For One and talk about how much of a self made man he is, and how people just need to work harder to be Number 1.

It's kind of asinine that Deku suggests everyone is striving to be Number 1. I sincerely doubt that. Like there's literally no way someone like "tape elbow" dude or "frog girl" could seriously think they can compete with Deku/Todoroki/Bakugo. If they truly are striving to become Number 1 they are striving in vain. The nature of quirks makes society so inherently unequal that its laughable how often the narrative seems to suggest "JUST WORK HARD" is enough to become a contender for Number 1.

Deku's ability is One for All.

lol I don't know what show you are watching. Deku has always maintained that he has gotten where he is because of the help of others. Didn't we just have a flashback two episodes back where he said the same thing?

Deku's belief is that no one is half assing trying to become a hero so not being completely serious is doing a disservice to their fellow classmates.

Top Bottom