• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

LotusHD

Banned
And this is just one amazing fight in this series. There are others that are just as or more jaw dropping than this.

A good hero never needlessly alludes to cool stuff happening later on that anime-only watchers have not experienced yet.

Philippo

My guess is:
1st: Bakugo
2nd: Todoroki
3rd: Iida or Bird dude since surely by the time they get to the semi finals it'll be getting dark or something.

But remember that Bakugo's explosions also generate light, so Tokoyami will have disadvantage anyway,

caliph95

Oh jesus what
Hope this doesn't get long
It was just speculation and interpretation
since the mother IIRC was forced to marriage and Endevour is determined to produce a heir and you see how get there,
though it would have been alluded to if it was though its probably not out of character

LotusHD

Banned
since the mother IIRC was forced to marriage and Endevour is determined to produce a heir and you see how get there,
though it would have been alluded to if it was though its probably not out of character

True, I wouldn't be surprised.

Meffer

Another question I'm wondering if the rest of his siblings are from both of his parents. If they are then the fact she was pretty much forced to conceive them until she had one Endeavor deemed worthy is fucking messed up.

Raxus

Another question I'm wondering if the rest of his siblings are from both of his parents. If they are then the fact she was pretty much forced to conceive them until she had one Endeavor deemed worthy is fucking messed up.

Tagged in case a very minor spoiler is in it but should be safe:
I'll spoiler just in case but I am pretty sure the line 'they are from a different world than you' says that the kids were born with fire or ice powers but not both like Todoroki. That being said I think Endeavor or Todoroki outright say he is the only one of his siblings to have both powers but I can't remember if it has been mentioned already or soon.

NEO0MJ

Damn, that was one hype episode.

Well
two of them had monocolor hair so they probably only inherited their respective parent's quirks and one had white hair with a few strands of red so he/she probably got a mix but not in the way Endeavor wanted.

caliph95

Wonder if we are going to see Dabi after seeing his siblings
Anyway to keep spoiler tags going out of control the Mom throwing hot water is horrible but seeing how dismissive and abusive Endevour is towards the mother you can see how her mind would have been broken.
Doesn't help Shoto looks like his father

That was a great fight and it's nice to watch a show where
the main character can lose

I'm firmly in the camp that Todoroki wasn't the first child between endeavor and todo's mom to try and create the mixed quirk so his mom went through all levels of hell creating him basically.

does anybody think Todo is going to get buff like his dad?

Personally I think he'd keep a skinnier physique as he tends to fight on strategy more than just raw power.

That was so fucking good.

Just goes to show if Deku can control his power he'll pretty much be unbeatable and destroy everyone. Dudes packing heat.

It's a nitpick nut I hope he learns to control it at a slightly quicker pace. Tired of this dude's whole body breaking every time he fights lol. But I'm ok with it so far. Hype fight

wildfire

Banned

Just goes to show if Deku can control his power he'll pretty much be unbeatable and destroy everyone. Dudes packing heat.

It's a nitpick nut I hope he learns to control it at a slightly quicker pace. Tired of this dude's whole body breaking every time he fights lol. But I'm ok with it so far. Hype fight

It doesn't break all the time. When he actually makes an attack that will hit a person directly his body instinctively holds back to the point he's not harming himself.

Sames after this I really hope they sit him down nd talk about his quirk. I can't deal with the broken body after every fight thing for too much longer

I had a totally different read on the whole situation. Endeavor is a textbook narcissist and physically abusive father/husband who only had children as an extension of himself to cover his own failure. He's only proud of Todoroki because he feels ownership of his son's accomplishments.

Midoriya was trying to show him that refusing to use half of his abilities gives his father power over him. He's his own person, regardless of where his power came from, and he would never reach his full potential by limiting himself to spite someone else. He shouldn't care what Endeavor thinks.

That dude should be in prison.

This is how it is, Endeavor is an abusive piece of shit.

As you said, Midoriya wanted to get Todoroki to come to terms with his powers being his own, to free him from being stuck seeing his own powers as being tainted by his father. To Endeavor Todoroki is but the culmination of his hatred towards having been second to All Might all his life, he doesn't actually care for him as his son.

MrCinos

Best part of the Kettle Part for me beyond the sound effect (which I didn't quite appreciate in the Manga at the time) was the only thing the Mom would have seen through the door of Todoroki watching her, is his left side that looks like Endeavor. Just a Green Eye and Red hair staring at her from the dark.

I haven't caught on this part before I read the comment, but now I'm realizing that the trigger for Todoroki's mom mental breakdown has even more substance to it.

caliph95

I haven't caught on this part before I read the comment, but now I'm realizing that the trigger for Todoroki's mom mental breakdown has even more substance to it.
Just felt something on my spine ugh

Code:
[IMG]https://bot.gyazo.com/18e23868e86c7603b3cf560e212b2082.jpg[/IMG]

This is how it is, Endeavor is an abusive piece of shit.

As you said, Midoriya wanted to get Todoroki to come to terms with his powers being his own, to free him from being stuck seeing his own powers as being tainted by his father. To Endeavor Todoroki is but the culmination of his hatred towards having been second to All Might all his life, he doesn't actually care for him as his son.

Yeah. Exactly what he did is unclear, but he was obviously abusive and controlling. Todoroki was trying to reject him, but doing so in a way that led to him tying himself even closer to his dad than he otherwise might by defining Todoroki's own power in relation to him. Which, you know, is the sort of thing that happens a lot IRL and leads to people following the same path as the parents they hate. In that sense, Deku getting Todoroki to view his powers as being his is a big deal.

Deku: ACTION THERAPIST

wildfire

Banned
Endeavor sucks but I love how character design and raw power.

Sure. On the flip side the mother is a piece of shit too. She takes out her frustrations on her kids instead of her abuser and nearly permanently scarred one of them.

The guy maybe #2 hero in the world but you still have options to put him in his place even if his fame makes it more difficult with anime politics logic.

Me too.

In terms of Deku's quirk...no way you can have him not break against his mates. I'm expecting some advancement as soon as this arc is done.
There's gotta be man. Everybody is progressing pretty fast I feel like. I dont at all expect full control obviously but maybe something like he'll be able to do the finger plucks at least?

At least movement. All Might is lightning fast...maybe they can work on that.
That would also give him his legs to fight with than wouldn't it? Back at the entrance exams when he speed blitzed and jumped to punch the robot his legs were broken. So in order for movement to work he would need to not be able to break his legs..hmm win win

theWB27

Just felt something on my spine ugh

Code:
[IMG]https://bot.gyazo.com/18e23868e86c7603b3cf560e212b2082.jpg[/IMG]

Is anyone able to give this the avatar treatment?

That would also give him his legs to fight with than wouldn't it? Back at the entrance exams when he speed blitzed and jumped to punch the robot his legs were broken. So in order for movement to work he would need to not be able to break his legs..hmm win win

I didn't catch if he broke it during this fight at the end. I should go back and watch it to make sure.

That's kind Iida thing

Damn and can't make him redundant.

Sure. On the flip side the mother is a piece of shit too. She takes out her frustrations on her kids instead of her abuser and nearly permanently scarred one of them.

The guy maybe #2 hero in the world but you still have options to put him in his place even if his fame makes it more difficult with anime politics logic.

The mom is... harder to render judgement on, for me. People stuck in abusive relationships make bad decisions sometimes. What she did was terrible, but I don't know if it makes her a terrible person.

LotusHD

Banned

?

ddtiLTn.png

Now more than before, the experience gap between Deku and the other potential top of the class picks is really really apparent. I can definitely see the need for an upgrade.

I didn't catch if he broke it during this fight at the end. I should go back and watch it to make sure.

Quick & Dirty:
i3BaeQ5.jpg

SkyOdin

The mom is... harder to render judgement on, for me. People stuck in abusive relationships make bad decisions sometimes. What she did was terrible, but I don't know if it makes her a terrible person.
I will give her credit that she had the awareness that she was becoming a danger to her children and was trying to reach out to family members for help, but that sadly came too late. Todoroki's entire family was trapped in a tragedy brought about by Endeavor's ego and resulting abusive behavior.

I remember his legs flapping in the wind he definitely broke them after the jump.

As far as lida goes meh I don't think it'll make him redundant, although I'm looking forward to how lida grows how far his speed gets taken

MrCinos

Gonna quote this in response:

I've seen a number of people claiming Todoroki's mother was just as bad as Endeavor, and while she wasn't innocent it only take some consideration to see that this was 99% Endeavor's fault. Todoroki's mother was forced into a Quirk Marriage to an abusive man who she never loved and who never loved her. The polite Japanese speech she uses to her own husband and the fact that she is terrified of her own children because they look like him show her situation clearly. She's was pretty much held hostage by him, beaten, and forced to give him offsprings who grew up under his influence to be more like himself. He was the No.2 Pro Hero so police would be reluctant to get involved and her parents clearly preserved outdated Japanese traditions of arranged marriages to successful spouses over her personal interests. She was alone and only had her children who day by day began to look more like her husband who she feared so much. She had a mental breakdown triggered by seeing Endeavor from Todoroki's left side as he peered into the room at her. Endeavor was 99% at fault for everything that happened and I hope Horikoshi doesn't go the Naruto route where all is forgiven and Endeavor learns the true meaning of friendship and his wife loves him now. Domestic abuse doesn't work like that, and especially not years of mentally damaging domestic abuse.

Same opinion here. I've seen a lot of blame put on Todoroki's mom and sure she deserves some of that, but not really that much considering her circumstances as well as her mental state and I'm glad Todoroki himself understands that his mom is mostly a victim too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Funny how a few weeks ago, someone was saying Todoroki's mom is a psycho because she scarred his face.

Turns out she was the victim too!

So glad this fight turned out well.

EDIT: Sorry..

Raxus

Shhhhh... no manga spoilers Batdan. I want to save the surprise.

As I stated Todoroki vs Deku is my 3rd maybe even 4th or 5th favorite fight in the series. Shit can get pretty cray cray.

Ascheroth

Funny how a few weeks ago, someone was saying Todoroki's mom is a psycho because she scarred his face.

Turns out she was the victim too!

So glad this fight turned out well.
If you already have to write a warning with MAJOR SPOILERS why not just leave it out to begin with or talk about it in the manga thread.

Nope, on the flipside she was abused and had a mental breakdown, that's it.
She's a good person.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS THE BEST EPISODE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!

Top Bottom