• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Good episode?

image.php

BRUH I'M SHAKING, I WAS ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT THE WHOLE TIME. THE MUSIC, THE ANIMATION, TODOROKI'S ORING HOLY SHIT MAN DEKU IS ONE CRAZY MOFO AND BUT MAN OUR ICE/FIRE BOY IS FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!

I'm dead serious, this was probably the best anime episode i'ver ever seen in any series. HOLY COWBOY BATMAN WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Me right now:

0a779f28f616fc4fd4bf598d7999785bbd1edaa17371d3d02ffb0e376742ad58.gif

Seriously i'm shaking, this was ....... im just speechless.

100000000000000000000000000/10

caliph95

It's kinda funny, Todoroki has everything an MC needs, except he isn't.
He has the op powers, the tragic backstory and the motivation to be a hero, he even has the potential.
You can't nerf a god! This is the story..of how todoroki became the worlds greatest hero
Turns out Deku died becuase he used Afo on his heart/Crippled for life and now we are following Todorki inspired by a weird madman to surpass All Might and become the greatest hero.
Most of class A is OP. They all need nerfs.
Only Bakugo,Todoroki,and potentially Deku and Toko are op now

Kickz

Amazing episode, the contrasting battle strategies and the feeling out of abilities was fun to watch. Shoto is a goddamn beast, and so is Deku with his pain tolerance.
I take it that when he fires off each of those finger burning blasts that he never actually breaks his fingers?

Endevour cheering at the end there was kinda hilarious.Its a shame that this felt like the first real fight we have gotten in this tournament =\
Hopefully the show gives something closer to this than the other lame 'fights'.

He has the op powers, the tragic backstory and the motivation to be a hero, he even has the potential.

Turns out Deku died becuase he used Afo on his heart/Crippled for life and now we are following Todorki inspired by a weird madman to surpass All Might and become the greatest hero.

Only Bakugo,Todoroki,and potentially Deku and Toko are op now

Yaoyorozu tho

wildfire

Banned
An abused person who suffers a mental breakdown that leads to irrational thoughts about the appearance of said child can't be "good"?
Temporary insanity as far as I'm concerned.

Dude. She flat out states she can't stand the sight of her own children. She didn't confuse her child for Endeavor, she holds hostile angst towards her kids each day. She's not a good person or a bad person. She is a victim that was driven insane.

Momo's quirk on paper seems to be overpowered, but in practice it can be overcome, especially by something like Tokoyami's. I'd also say that Bakugo's isn't really that overpowered on its own, he's just good with it/others haven't gotten used to their power's full potential so he looks a lot better than them.

Dude. She flat out states she can't stand the sight of her own children. She didn't confuse her child for Endeavor, she holds hostile angst towards her kids each day. She's not a good person or a bad person. She is a victim that was driven insane.
She said she was starting to feel negatively towards each of her children and that she was noticing Todoroki's left side becoming unsightly, which is why she thought she wasn't capable of raising them anymore and should remove herself from the situation before things became worse.
There's no record of her mistreating or abusing anyone, only record of her being warm and comforting towards them/Todoroki.
She had a mental breakdown, that's it, her eyes were literally drawn like that to highlight that she snapped and wasn't in her right mind.
Everything shows her to be a good person.

Meffer

Amazing episode, the contrasting battle strategies and the feeling out of abilities was fun to watch. Shoto is a goddamn beast, and so is Deku with his pain tolerance.
I take it that when he fires off each of those finger burning blasts that he never actually breaks his fingers?

Endevour cheering at the end there was kinda hilarious.Its a shame that this felt like the first real fight we have gotten in this tournament =\
Hopefully the show gives something closer to this than the other lame 'fights'.

Oh no, he breaks his bones every time he goes 100%. His bones are shattered right now.

ShadyK54

Nah, Deku's all kinds of fucked right now. That's why All Might (I think) makes the comment that it's going to take Recovery Girl several days instead of hours to get Deku healthy this time.

Kickz

Oh no, he breaks his bones every time he goes 100%. His bones are shattered right now.

So if the bone breaks the first time with the first flick, how does one reflick a finger thats broken? I wonder if he is breaking a lower part of the finger or something

Meffer

So if the bone breaks the first time with the first flick, how does one reflick a finger thats broken? I wonder if he is breaking a lower part of the finger or something

I would say they start fracturing in the first use then with multiple uses one after another, his bones are in shards.

NSESN

Guys remember that he also didn't break his legs when he jumped the ice in the last scene. So he is slowly getting control, even when he isn't punching someone directly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
if that was Deku's mom's reaction before i would love to see her reaction now after this fight.... damn

2017-06-0323_23_10-im7zuec.png

nakamura bringing his fuckin A-game

dude i'm so glad i was just letting this burn in the back of my head cause shit i started losing it when he was breaking his broken fingers

IKizzLE

I can't state enough that both Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia's anime versions completely eclipse their manga versions.

The music alone makes it a completely different experience.

TimmiT

I can't state enough that both Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia's anime versions completely eclipse their manga versions.

The music alone makes it a completely different experience.

I think it depends. There are times where the anime is better than the manga. However the straight panel to panel adaption doesn't always do the anime favors, and can lead to bad pacing. Plus there are times where the art in the manga is just way better than in the anime. Not because the anime's art is bad per se, just the manga's art can be pretty incredible.

Imo the anime's second season is at its best better than the manga (especially the latest couple of episodes), but the manga was way better than the anime's first season with the exception of All Might vs. Noumu fight.

Anyway holy shit this episode. I was excited to see this fight be adapted in the anime and they fucking delivered.

LotusHD

Banned
Full-length episode reactions are a thing huh?

Such a depressing shame some mangas don't get this treatment

68baauN.gif

That's what literally came to my mind and made me add the (at its best), because I knew otherwise someone would post that lmao

Lol damn and I thought one piece was bad.. poor berserk fans yikes

One Piece actually looks good (No really!) again for this arc. Surprising I know.

Meffer

Full-length episode reactions are a thing huh?

Such a depressing shame some mangas don't get this treatment

68baauN.gif

OH my god, I'm not sure if the Berserk thread noticed but the group in the background are slowly sliding to the right.

Neoxon

That episode, man. I was fucking....screaming! I was that hype!

Izuku, my boy. Your quirk isn't One For All, it's being a FUCKING PSYCHO!!!!!

Dahbomb

I want Bakugo to win over Todoroki. He's clearly the underdog in the fight but I hope he does win and show up Endeavor. It would still be a hollow victory because he didn't get to fight Midorima.

NSESN

What helps a lot too is that MHA has a good OST. Half of the impact of Noumu vs All Might was You Say Run in the background.

Top Bottom