• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
All Might is the symbol of peace, don't really want to make public that his power has been transferred to some fucking kid who can barely control it

Also this. The fear of being beaten by the No.1 Hero is enough to keep villains and petty criminals at bay.

caliph95

So last week someone told me Deku couldn't just tell Todoroki he was All Might's love child because word would get out and ruin All Might's career.

Ok... bullshit.

Todoroki has mentioned to at least one person that his father beat his mother and abused the shit out of her and his children.The Number 2 Hero being a POS would also be a scandal that could ruin a career.

Now yes, I know that probably only Deku knows and Todoroki hasn't told anyone else. There's no reason to believe Todoroki would blab about Deku's secret.
What benefit would it give him and he was caught off guard, it's not like deku is special to an outsder besides its weakness and it could explain away of AM seeing potential in Deku
. Its also not like they are out in the open about it even if they aren't trying their hardest to hide it

theWB27

Cour is a "season" (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) of anime. Generally 11-13 episodes. 2 Cour is two seasons.

Generally though when we say a season of anime, that can entail however many number of episodes released consecutively. Cour is used to be specific of the 11-13 episodes. So My Hero will be 24,25,or 26 episodes when this 2 cour finishes.

Ohhhhh that's crazy exciting.

So last week someone told me Deku couldn't just tell Todoroki he was All Might's love child because word would get out and ruin All Might's career.

Ok... bullshit.

Todoroki has mentioned to at least one person that his father beat his mother and abused the shit out of her and his children.The Number 2 Hero being a POS would also be a scandal that could ruin a career.

Now yes, I know that probably only Deku knows and Todoroki hasn't told anyone else. There's no reason to believe Todoroki would blab about Deku's secret.

You're conflating a whole lotta nonsense here.

Firstly, the reason Deku doesn't tell Todoroki that he's All Might's love child is that he's not. And that's not how Deku rolls, y'know?

Secondly, All Might has a very different image than Endeavour. The latter is all about brutal power, the former is something... more, to a whole lot of people. So yeah, maybe rumors of him being a secret love child would hurt All Might. More to the point it, could hurt Deku by turning him into an even bigger target than he already is.

lol like Endeavor cares about all that stuff, dude is reckless and savage af as a hero, but gets shit done i guess. He just wants to be number 1 no matter the cost.

Kinyou

giphy.gif

I have to wonder how the rest of the class is supposed to keep up with these two

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I have to wonder how the rest of the class is supposed to keep up with these two

Something tells me Kacchan still has an ace up his sleeve.

I don't know anything so please manga readers don't confirm or deny what I just said. But when he talked about his quirk it made me think this guy isn't as dumb as it seems.

Edit: God dayum, still getting goose bumps just looking at this gif above. Brb, time to rewatch it again.

NEO0MJ

lol like Endeavor cares about all that stuff, dude is reckless and savage af as a hero, but gets shit done i guess. He just wants to be number 1 no matter the cost.

What's funny about Endeavor is that in an early episode it was mentioned that he has the highest response/conflict resolve rate or something among all heroes so yeah, he gets shit done. If you think about it he's the kind of hero early Sparky Sparky Boom Kid could grow up to be based on how he had the highest number of defeated villains in the entrance exam.

What? He isn't All Might's kid.

What the fuck is this about Deku telling Todoroki he isn't All Might's love child? All Might isn't Deku's father.

He also can't reveal this to the public because of the power of inheritance that One For All has. Deku could be kidnapped and forced to pass on the quirk or his mother could be kidnapped and again Deku forced to pass on his quirk.

I seriously can't tell if we are even watching the same show now. This comment and the Ayn Rand things you keep bringing up are way out there.

Dunno why you both read my post as "Deku is All Might's love child."

I am aware that isn't the case. Did you forget when Todoroki asked Deku if that was the case and Deku said no instead of simply saying yes and letting Todoroki believe a falsehood?

I am saying that Deku should have LIED so that Todoroki would stop asking questions.

Sou Da

Dunno why you both read my post as "Deku is All Might's love child."

I am aware that isn't the case. Did you forget when Todoroki asked Deku if that was the case and Deku said no instead of simply saying yes and letting Todoroki believe a falsehood?

I am saying that Deku should have LIED so that Todoroki would stop asking questions.
Deku can't even lie about naturally having a quick, it just isn't in his nature.

caliph95

It's not like his quirk is out there Kirishima said that enhacements quirks are nothing special and we've seen couple a guys one hero and some one off villain that just have a strength quirk. Plus being All might child is just going to be more trouble especially since Deku is not the deceptive kind outside of battles.

Tsu mentioned that his quirk is like allmight in front of the students and none of them made a big deal about it just said it was weird.

Nightbird

Tsu mentioned that his quirk is like allmight in front of the students and none of them made a big deal about it just said it was weird.

I was going to mention this.

His class isn't stupid, if Deku lied about being All Mights son, he would get a whole new batch of problems, and would get All Might involved into those problems.

It would literally be the second worst decision aside of shouting this lie from the rooftops.

Strenght quirks are super common. It is not like Iida's engine that makes it clear he is Ingenium brother.

You can say this, but almost everyone who sees Deku's powers in action (at least before the tournament arc) were like "WOW THATS LIKE ALL MIGHT!"

Deku should just give All for One to Todoroki, who is the best character.

You can say this, but almost everyone who sees Deku's powers in action (at least before the tournament arc) were like "WOW THATS LIKE ALL MIGHT!"

That's too op plz nerf. Can you imagine an ice encased flame wrapped fist smash...dear lord might as well graduate his first day

caliph95

Might as well end this series Todorki is already the greatest, he is just wasting his time.

People say that but its not like they constantly probe him about it just that it's cool and enhancement quirks are nothing special, plus a whole audience saw it and is hard to hide it
I low key thru him in outta pitty lol I like lightning powers his limitations suck he should be competing with bakugo and todoroki
Too bad he is comic relief tier like goten

Might as well end this series Todorki is already the greatest, he is just wasting his time.

People say that but its not like they constantly probe him about it just that it's cool and enhancement quirks are nothing special, plus a whole audience saw it and is hard to hide it

Too bad he is comic relief tier like goten

Blackleg-sanji1
Kaminari Enthusiast
Lol goddamit. It's the blonde hair it's gotta be I tell ya

That's too op plz nerf. Can you imagine an ice encased flame wrapped fist smash...dear lord might as well graduate his first day

Plus it is implied that the fire and ice powers run on separate "mp" meters. With All For One in the mix he has three broken powers. He can fire + ice to make explosions, and be the best at physical combat.

Can we all agree tsu and mei are top 3

Plus it is implied that the fire and ice powers run on separate "mp" meters. With All For One in the mix he has three broken powers. He can fire + ice to make explosions, and be the best at physical combat.
Need a spinoff alternate timeline manga with this badass

Fireblend

Banned
That was pretty good. Not every episode has to be a winner, but did it really take 9 episodes to get to an action-oriented fight in a tournament arc of a superhero-themed show?

Ascheroth

That was pretty good. Not every episode has to be a winner, but did it really take 9 episodes to get to an action-oriented fight in a tournament arc of a superhero-themed show?
The tournament only started 4 episodes ago though (including this one). And last episode was Ochako vs. Bakugou, which was awesome as well.

caliph95

Can we all agree tsu and mei are top 3

Need a spinoff alternate timeline manga with this badass
That Nomu fight will end in 5 seconds, freeze and Smash, no epic speech an deku committed suicide or be in deep depression after years of abuse by Bakugo and his gang and never be able to follow his dreams. cue crying dekumom

What's wrong with the rest of the girls

NSESN

Remember that it is a school festival, the tournament is just the last part of it.

And the ranking goes:

1-Kirishima/Todoroki
3-Tokoyami/Deku
5-Bakugou

caliph95

Wondering besides the big three (which so far here seems to be Zuuko,Madman, and Genderbent BoomBoom) what other characters do you like to see more i won't comment at the risk of spoilers in case i slip up just curios
sanji probably likes Kaminari

theWB27

My Spidey avatar? hey thanks, I can't wait to see more about the game in a few days. :)

Yep...that beautiful spidey avatar. And yea...favorite hero mixed with favorite hobby...can't wait either.

Wondering besides the big three (which so far here seems to be Zuuko,Madman, and Genderbent BoomBoom) what other characters do you like to see more i won't comment at the risk of spoilers in case i slip up just curios

The one hit wonder electricity boy. I hope he becomes more than just a joke.

Chase17

Tape kid (Sero) needs his redemption.

Top Bottom