• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

LotusHD

Banned
Let's not go crazy. All Might exists and he is the best character of any manga or anime imo.

See, this statement would be already crazy enough if you just stuck to shounen anime and manga, but ya just had to take it a step further huh

Puruzi

Banned
Listen, there are two types of people:

1) People who recognize that Deku is by far and away the best shonen protagonist in recent memory (and pretty much the best character in his own series)

2) People who are wrong

T6H3JyI.jpg

I can't get over how good the title for this episode is: Shoto Todoroki: Origin.
It's so good, because it implies his origin story is not the circumstances of his birth or his tragic upbringing. Todoroki's story really began the day he finally chose to accept who he is in the ring with Deku. So good!!

spiritfox

I can't get over how good the title for this episode is: Shoto Todoroki: Origin.
It's so good, because it implies his origin story is not the circumstances of his birth or his tragic upbringing. Todoroki's story really began the day he finally chose to accept who he is in the ring with Deku. So good!!

Well it's the manga title for that chapter.

NEO0MJ

The talk about Zuko getting OFA instead of Deku got me thinking, wouldn't it be more likely to replace his current quirk than him getting a second one? I'm not sure if hell even want it in that situation. Give it to Ojiro!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MHA beat AOT2 now at myanimelist as Top Airing Anime Nr.2

2017-06-0512_30_18-myu3ui2.png

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Last episode was pure hype.

What's the name or the song that plays at the very end? I've heard it before and it's also pure hype.

Chase17

Listen, there are two types of people:

1) People who recognize that Deku is by far and away the best shonen protagonist in recent memory (and pretty much the best character in his own series)

2) People who are wrong
Keep sleeping on my boy Hinata! :)

Deku is great though.

Brannon

Todoroki charging his fire and resting his hands is basically how I feel when I open the door of my car on a very hot day, or opening the fridge not realizing the power has been out all day.

There is meme potential I'm that image...

Jintor

I just want to post a quote from Something Awful circa MHA when it was still a manga, had only just reached the current arc, and nobody had any inkling of an anime yet:

I love Annie May said:
When this manga will get an anime adaptation, you'll have all the fights you want. Each single fight will also be a 5 episodes long filler arc where in each episode there'll be 19 minutes of recycled animation and in the remaining time we'll get anime original character that are mostly the animator's rejected sketches for his ecchi harem comedy set in a kindergarten, and the only thing those characters will say will be "He's using that technique!" "Not that technique!" "That technique?" "If he uses that technique then..." And when it will use that technique the animation will be so terrible it will make Naruto look like Akira.

And then everyone will sigh:"Man, why did they put all this bullshit filler? If only they kept things more concise..."

NEO0MJ

As an adult he has good hand to hand. Did he always have that? How do his scarf/bandages even work?

It was specially developed for him to be used but it probably came later. When he just starting I don't think he had it.

I wouldn't be surprised if like Ojiro he picked martial arts/ hand to hand combat since he was young because his whole strategy relies on being the better quirkless fighter.

caliph95

I wish we had original anime content. They could learn from World Trigger.
You just wan more Kaminari
As an adult he has good hand to hand. Did he always have that? How do his scarf/bandages even work?
It was specially developed for him to be used but it probably came later. When he just starting I don't think he had it.

I wouldn't be surprised if like Ojiro he picked martial arts/ hand to hand combat since he was young because his whole strategy relies on being the better quirkless fighter.
Yeah considering Ojiro he more than likely developed his hand to hand combat to add to his quirk.

Also for the bandages, he mentioned how his scarf is a special and was made in order to capture and immobilise people.

Same animation director, I believe.

I KNEW IT

I was thinking, "Yo, I don't remember being this blown away by a fight since Saitama vs Boros, sure does feel familiar somehow ..."

And there it is.

Mob losing it and going to ???% and Naruto and Sasuke's final Rasenshuriken/Chirodarrow blast coming in honorably.

NSESN

I KNEW IT

I was thinking, "Yo, I don't remember being this blown away by a fight since Saitama vs Boros, sure does feel familiar somehow ..."

And there it is.

]Mob losing it and going to ???%[/B and Naruto and Sasuke's final Rasenshuriken/Chirodarrow blast coming in honorably.

I think the animator of Deku vs Todoroki did i too. But I didn't watch Mob so I can't confirm.

Moaradin

Because the people still watching One Piece 700 episodes in obviously like it, so the ratings are a bit more skewed in its favor.

Finaj

Because the people still watching One Piece 700 episodes in obviously like it, so the ratings are a bit more skewed in its favor.

I mean, I don't know how well the Manga still holds up, but the animation in the One Piece anime is pretty bad.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, I don't know how well the Manga still holds up, but the animation in the One Piece anime is pretty bad.

The manga is still amazing as always. As for the anime, this hilariously is no longer currently true as of the current arc, it looks a lot better. Apparently they lightened the workload or something.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

The problem is less the animation but more the pacing.
In an attempt to avoid filler arcs, the One Piece anime goes by a "1 episode = 1 chapter" ratio. Though often times it will be less than one chapter. Every episode has a 2:30 opening, then this minute long sequence that goes over the story, then the recap which can also take a long ass time. At most we only get 18 minutes of content an episode, and they loooove to stretch it out. Using tactics from the later years of DBZ and some new ones.

One Piece of all shows heavily benefits from a Kai-style recut. Or better, a HxH 2011 remake.

The manga is still excellent though.

caliph95

In an attempt to avoid filler arcs, the One Piece anime goes by a "1 episode = 1 chapter" ratio. Though often times it will be less than one chapter. Every episode has a 2:30 opening, then this minute long sequence that goes over the story, then the recap which can also take a long ass time. At most we only get 18 minutes of content an episode, and they loooove to stretch it out. Using tactics from the later years of DBZ and some new ones.

One Piece of all shows heavily benefits from a Kai-style recut. Or better, a HxH 2011 remake.

The manga is still excellent though.
How is One Pace

Moaradin

I don't see One Piece ever getting a HxH 2011 treatment. Toei seems way too ingrained at this point. It's never going to another studio. At best we'll get a One Piece Kai 10 years from now.

Osukaa

The latest episode was really awesome. This anime is so good I hope they keep the upward trend going but who knows. My fave Character is All Might, of course I've also got love for Deku, Bakugo, Uraraka, Tsuyu..

You know what I pretty much like them all except for Minoru Mineta (purple haired guy) Hes so annoying and I cant find anything likable about him. Maybe he gets more development and I start to warm up to him or maybe he gets killed off or sumthin to advance the story. Also don't really like Tenya Lida to much now but I have high hopes he will get better later on.

Powerful fight but I feel like he needs to learn how to fight without breaking his body soon. Maybe some practice in his free time?

Yep. Pacing of One Piece anime is just straight up terrible. Like I feel like the Anime's score is inflated the way it is because of how much people enjoy the manga. Which I mean is fine, but I can't stand watching One Piece anymore because of how Toei has gone about adapting it. It's honestly better to just stick with manga.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
One Piece anime is a disgrace to Oda's work. It deserved much better.

It at least had style up until the time skip, with its watercolor-like backgrounds and fluid animation. Nowadays it's completely devoid of any creative thought.

It at least had style up until the time skip, with its watercolor-like backgrounds and fluid animation. Nowadays it's completely devoid of any creative thought.

I've only seriously watched the earliest episodes of One Piece, but they absolutely did not have fluid animation. On the other hand, I've seen some very good visuals from recent One Piece episodes, after the most recent director took over.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've only seriously watched the earliest episodes of One Piece, but they absolutely did not have fluid animation. On the other hand, I've seen some very good visuals from recent One Piece episodes, after the most recent director took over.

It got better before it got worse. The fights in Ennies Lobby are pretty awesome to look at.

Top Bottom