• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

I think One Punch Man has the better first episode, but I think Mob is the better overall series. Episode 3 of Mob was when the show really pulled me in, but Kickz mentioned not really getting into it until Episode 5.

It's pretty much the introduction of Teruki that changes the show from One Punch Man-lite to something really special.

I didn't like the first episode of Mob and decided to watch One Punch Man instead, it gets that better?

You HAVE to watch Mob.

It was so fucking great. I know we're still hype about the recent episode of MHA, but Mob just blows it all away, holding up in terms of animation (at MHA's best) and having amazing characters and a great message

Meffer

Well damn, thats not inspiring. I agree the tournament fights have been afterthoughts, but I was hoping this amazing fight today would cause things to trend upward..

Trust me when I say Cwarrior is in the minority. The future fights are done really well.

It's pretty much the introduction of Teruki that changes the show from One Punch Man-lite to something really special.

I see where you're coming from, but I think Mob's first encounter with Dimple started to give me an impression on what type of direction the show would be taking in terms of how it handles its main characters. Teruki's introduction solidified those impressions for sure, but I think the first meeting with Dimple was when I really started to see the show's potential.

At the risk of going too far off-topic, though, Deku had some crazy expressions this episode.

Kickz

It won't be.

Thats good, I need some more villains

tumblr_o8yyb35dVa1trltexo1_540.gif

One of the best anime episodes ever and Cwarrior trys to start the discourse 😴😴😴😴😴
I forgot about him hasnt posted in the manga thread forever 😂

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just woke up and the first thing im gonna do is rewatch this episode again. I've never done this with an anime series before.

Kickz

Just woke up and the first thing im gonna do is rewatch this episode again. I've never done this with an anime series before.

I have already replayed that scene when the epic theme comes on like 10 times, I haven't done that since like Season 1 when Deku punches that giant robot that is about to stomp on Ochako

tumblr_oqyxs4b1vI1v1l7nfo1_r1_540.gif

NEO0MJ

One of the best anime episodes ever and Cwarrior trys to start the discourse 😴😴😴😴😴
I forgot about him hasnt posted in the manga thread forever 😂

What's wrong with actual discussion instead of a circle jerk?

Jintor

this feels like the first anime thing this year where a bunch of people anecdotally have talked about rewatching it just for the joy of rewatching it a bunch. but maybe i'm forgetting something

Joyful

this feels like the first anime thing this year where a bunch of people anecdotally have talked about rewatching it just for the joy of rewatching it a bunch. but maybe i'm forgetting something

ep8 of mob psycho was the last fight animation I remember being this hype

HabeeNo

I don't think an episode has hit me so hard before (anime or show)

Without a doubt, this is my fav series of all time,and being anime only keeps paying off. Cried throughout the whole thing

Tace

So, what do you think are the odds of Bones doing a season 3?

Has to be pretty high, right? The franchise is only getting more popular. I would also imagine this episode being a lot like All Might vs. Nomu in season 1. People will see some clips/gif of Deku vs Todoroki online and look into it, and then get hooked

Finaj

Has to be pretty high, right? The franchise is only getting more popular. I would also imagine this episode being a lot like All Might vs. Nomu in season 1. People will see some clips/gif of Deku vs Todoroki online and look into it, and then get hooked

The problem I'm foreseeing is that Bones will catch up to the manga and either:

1. Never touch the series again

or

2. Take an incredibly long hiatus

or

3. Add in quite a lot of filler

Then again, I suppose these are concerns of any adaptation from a manga that is still going.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What? Is this season confirmed to be 2 cour?

Yes. We knew it was going to be a 2 cour before the first episode dropped.

It's why manga readers were praying like Oprah that we get to see the villain of the next arc.

dED1dc9.gif

NSESN

or

or

Then again, I suppose these are concerns of any adaptation from a manga that is still going.

Don't worry, there's enough material for a 2 cour season next season, and if it gets close they can always do a 1 cour season .

or

or

Nah let's say they go at about a 1-2 cour per year. There's already a really good stopping point for next season after this season. And by the time that comes out, say next year, there's already more stuff to be animated. Unlike HxH this guy constantly releases chapters :'v

Trojita

What is 2 cour?

Cour is a "season" (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) of anime. Generally 11-13 episodes. 2 Cour is two seasons.

Generally though when we say a season of anime, that can entail however many number of episodes released consecutively. Cour is used to be specific of the 11-13 episodes. So My Hero will be 24,25,or 26 episodes when this 2 cour finishes.

CONCH0BAR

How much manga content is there? When could the anime potentially reach a roadblock?
With the current pacing of the show (about 1 arc per cour), I'd wager they could pull out two more 2-cour seasons before running out of material.

Of course, by the time we get to that point, there will be that much more manga content anyway. The anime shouldn't have to go on hiatus for a few years at this rate.

Trojita

How much manga content is there? When could the anime potentially reach a roadblock?

Manga is up to chapter 140. This was chapter 38. If a year is in between the end of this anime 2 cour, the current arc will be concluded. You could fit possibly two 26 episode seasons in there.

Math is 140-38+42 (If a 2 cour starts next season - 10 the day weeks we've had of my hero academia season 2) divided by an optimistic 3 comic chapter pace.

144/3

is 48 episodes. And that is if they kept a pace of 3 episodes a piece, which isn't likely.

So two full seasons of 24-26 episodes each is likely possible after this season is over, without them running into a roadblock.

I realize someone might point out the year after as well, but anime productions can be ran up to a year before a season's release, so I'm not going to add in two 52 week years.

So last week someone told me Deku couldn't just tell Todoroki he was All Might's love child because word would get out and ruin All Might's career.

Ok... bullshit.

Todoroki has mentioned to at least one person that his father beat his mother and abused the shit out of her and his children.The Number 2 Hero being a POS would also be a scandal that could ruin a career.

Now yes, I know that probably only Deku knows and Todoroki hasn't told anyone else. There's no reason to believe Todoroki would blab about Deku's secret.

Sou Da

So last week someone told me Deku couldn't just tell Todoroki he was All Might's love child because word would get out and ruin All Might's career.

Ok... bullshit.

Todoroki has mentioned to at least one person that his father beat his mother and abused the shit out of her and his children.The Number 2 Hero being a POS would also be a scandal that could ruin a career.

Now yes, I know that probably only Deku knows and Todoroki hasn't told anyone else. There's no reason to believe Todoroki would blab about Deku's secret.

What? He isn't All Might's kid.

Trojita

Ok... bullshit.

What the fuck is this about Deku telling Todoroki he isn't All Might's love child? All Might isn't Deku's father.

He also can't reveal this to the public because of the power of inheritance that One For All has. Deku could be kidnapped and forced to pass on the quirk or his mother could be kidnapped and again Deku forced to pass on his quirk.

I seriously can't tell if we are even watching the same show now. This comment and the Ayn Rand things you keep bringing up are way out there.

All Might is the symbol of peace, don't really want to make public that his power has been transferred to some fucking kid who can barely control it

Chase17

I don't think they will hit a roadblock anytime soon, assuming the manga doesn't go on hiatus. This season will likely cover 48 chapters, which is about the same as the manga gets each year (if it has no breaks). Also at the end of the season there will still be like an 80 chapter gap.

I guess future seasons could cover more but it would still take a while to close the gap.

Top Bottom