• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

NEO0MJ

I'm also wondering about the collective conscience they showed in the tournament. I think they referred to them as just imprints.

Yeah, it was so mysterious. Why did they feel the need to hide what​ it was from Deku? Why did Recovery Girl seem surprised that All Might was among them, and him saying that it's probably for the best that he was?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
FIi8keJ.png

Deku's quirk is being a crazy motherfucker

asagami_

Banned
Oh, I started this season and I was not expecting a flashfoward to upcoming events from the manga I don't have read yet. That hyped me a lot and now I want check if I can find the #7 in my local store tomorrow <_<

The ED is pretty good, I liked more than the one from S1.

caliph95

I was reading it and had a holiday i think it took me at at least or around a month to go through till the time skip than watch PH and fishman and then read the manga

Meffer

I recommend reading the manga. The art is great and the action is also drawn really well. More so than the anime honestly. Watch the movies like Z.

And the 6th movie, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island

I second this as a good first taste, without spoiling it gives you a feel for what the show would eventually become. I'm still not caught up and I've been watching it slowly for 4 years now, I just finished water 7 and now I'm at the lobby. Great show, easy to get burned out on if you aren't careful but great show. Then again that might be true for any show past the 800 episode mark.

Ennosuke

I just watched the last episode and the fight was extremely exciting. Don't know when was the last time I had this excitement for an anime fight.
Deku is the best!

And with the character reveal in this episode, let's reiterate that manga readers (such as myself) need to refrain from spoiling this purposely or out of excitement, and even just hinting at things that you slyly think isn't a spoiler but actually is.
It's not that hard.

NEO0MJ

And with the character reveal in this episode, let's reiterate that manga readers (such as myself) need to refrain from spoiling this purposely or out of excitement, and even just hinting at things that you slyly think isn't a spoiler but actually is.
It's not that hard.

Based on the Attack on Titan thread what you're asking for is impossible.

It's not that hard.

Here I was thinking the character was already spoiled considering the OT title. Guess no one talked about him...

Dynedom

People are absolute morons when it comes to spoilers in these OT threads. Be warned but be hopeful.

Some of the shit in the AoT Anime OT was downright shocking.

feels like the scale of the fights is already pretty ridiculous
they didnt waste much time getting to huge moves and explosions that normally appear much later in these shounen manga

Jintor

Offtopic

i feel like ever since The Incredibles (and probably earlier) this has been more prevailant in superhero culture, but I really want to go hang out with a superhero tailor for a while

Sero and Iida both probably need custom tailoring for everything they wear (or just wear shorts or short-sleeved shirts)

horikoshi addresses this somewhat with his support department comments, but I figure it would still be pretty interesting

feels like the scale of the fights is already pretty ridiculous
they didnt waste much time getting to huge moves and explosions that normally appear much later in these shounen manga

It's mostly down to the nature of being a "hero" as opposed to say a pirate or a ninja or what have you. They gotta care about collateral damage when they're apprehending real villains, so something like this is actually gonna be flashier than most actual fights (in theory).

(No spoilers just extrapolating from what we have).

MrCinos

Am I right to assume that Iida would have won if he wasn't such a good guy trying to move Todoroki out of ring instead of continuing to beat/combo him?

Jintor

Am I right to assume that Iida would have won if he wasn't such a good guy trying to move Todoroki out of ring instead of continuing to beat/combo him?

no, todoroki got his engines in that first kick so he would have stalled out either way and then shouto would have smoked him

Jintor

If Deku had 100% flicked Todoroki instead of doing those weak contact punches, would he have killed Todoroki?

i think his finger flicks were at 100%, but since he was only hitting with air pressure (and because we're working off comic rules) it wasn't enough to actually hurt todoroki. If the actual finger had hit shouto, then yeah, probably.

(technically speaking anything crazy enough to do that amount of air pressure should by all rights have probably caused some severe internal bleeding to shoto, but let's ignore that)

caliph95

If Deku had 100% flicked Todoroki instead of doing those weak contact punches, would he have killed Todoroki?
He was doing a hundred percent flick Todo just made ice behind him also there is little stopping from Shoto freezing him or missing and be incapacitated if he gets close which is why his strategy is wait and see. Yeah Deku could have killed his classmates
i think his finger flicks were at 100%, but since he was only hitting with air pressure (and because we're working off comic rules) it wasn't enough to actually hurt todoroki. If the actual finger had hit shouto, then yeah, probably.

(technically speaking anything crazy enough to do that amount of air pressure should by all rights have probably caused some severe internal bleeding to shoto, but let's ignore that)
Also ignore Shoto should be freezing people to death or cause permanent damage or could have killed Deku with that blast.
Also if Bakugo miscalculated his boyfriendKirishima would be dead
or that Iida could have broken Shoto's neck

Todoroki v Endeavour ideals is one of the best ongoing parts of this tourney.

Kirishima x Tetsu x4 best friends. The continuing b class getting lines especially Monoma is a fun touch to this.

Oh well ready for some TodoBaku, please give the match awesome visuals and musics, Hero A please.

Could have had more bakucrew lines, though Sero Kaminari did speak.

Everyone in the audience should be dead or injured by now but realism isnt what they're going for.
Ochaco was taking explosions head on and came out with a few bruises.

He did get close to breaking his neck but anime physics

implying the main character came close to being a murderer

caliph95

Everyone in the audience should be dead or injured by now but realism isnt what they're going for.
Half the stadium was frozen, realistic people should be dead or suffer damage before he frosted them but yeah don't expect much realism
UA's insurance premiums must be through the roof
With robots and powers like Bakugo and Mina, they better

caliph95

implying the main character came close to being a murderer
Idk lets ask Bakugou or when Deku met shigiraki aka hands

Iida kicks destroy robots so he could have killed realistically with that kick

Idk lets ask Bakugou or when Deku met shigiraki aka hands

Iida kicks destroy robots so he could have killed realistically with that kick

sure, but that would ruin their character and the manga in general, so no they would just get knocked away or something. Maybe if they were fighting villains.

Talents

Banned
I was talking about a 100% flick at point blank skin contact like when Deku went to punch Todoroki but held back a ton, what if he had flicked Todoroki 100% then instead of doing the "it won't explode" punch?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I love how Stain looks straight out of 1990's image comics (like a mix between the MAXX and Spawn). Horikoshi knows his amekomi.

caliph95

I was talking about a 100% flick at point blank skin contact like when Deku went to punch Todoroki but held back a ton, what if he had flicked Todoroki 100% then instead of doing the "it won't explode" punch?
Skin contact likely would have killed or heavily injured him even with MHA physics and biology which is why he was relying on air pressure

JSevere

aw shoot, poor Iida. :( Hero Killer Stain looks like a bad mofo

Todoroki vs Bakugo is a great matchup, looking forward to seeing them go up against each other

ShadyK54

Have yet to watch, but by posts in here, I take it they revealed
Stain
? Sweet. (should I still put that in spoilers?)

Guessing the thread title makes sense for anime-only people now lol. Can't wait for the next arc.

Top Bottom