• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Great episode. Hope to see Iida's rise next week.

IMO, Stain is kinda a lame villain with a cliche "complicated" motivation, and an off putting design that sticks out like a sore thumb, but the fight was cool.

Maximo

IMO, Stain is kinda a lame villain with a cliche "complicated" motivation, and an off putting design that sticks out like a sore thumb, but the fight was cool.

giphy.gif

Sir Doom

a funny thing about stain i like is that his dumb scarf wrap thing always floats menacingly

it's probably powered by whatever makes his eyes glow red or casts evil shadows appropriately
I thought it was taking inspiration from Spawn or other American comics with scarf

MKIL65

I decided to marathon Season 2 yesterday, and made it to the current episode.

𝙾𝙷 𝙼𝚈 𝙶𝙾𝙾𝙳𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚂

The OT title makes so much more sense now!

theWB27

His motivation isn't anymore complicated than hands on his face guy. It doesn't feel like they were trying to make it complicated either. In fact it was pretty straightforward.

It's a great show, but damn near everyone's motivation is cliché. Todo has parent issues...sparky is a jealous egomaniac... girl mcfloaty things wants to make life better for her parents. All Might superman.

Not understanding why stain gets called out for his.

His motivation isn't anymore complicated than hands on his face guy. It doesn't feel like they were trying to make it complicated either. In fact it was pretty straightforward.

It's a great show, but damn near everyone's motivation is cliché. Todo has parent issues...sparky is a jealous egomaniac... girl mcfloaty things wants to make life better for her parents. All Might superman.

Not understanding why stain gets called out for his.
I don't think it's complicated either, hence the quotations. I think some people are ascribing a sense of loftiness to Stain's motivations when he really is just using his own warped sense of personal morality to justify his actions, a very common trait in fictional villains.

theWB27

I don't think it's complicated either, hence the quotations. I think some people are ascribing a sense of loftiness to Stain's motivations when he really is just using his own warped sense of personal morality to justify his actions, a very common trait in fictional villains.

Oohhh... my bad. Makes more sense. Yea i agree with you that it isn't complicated.

Kickz

Great ep, Stain is such a badass, I like him more than Handface dude so far.

Deku's moves are improving quickly like damn

tumblr_otj4nf5QM21umjc3jo2_500.gif

Neoxon

After bugging my little bro to watch the show for weeks, he finally caved & gave it a chance. When I checked in on him, he said that he hated it & that the writing was terrible, stating that he would just go by the 3 episode rule & drop the show from there. He went on to get completely caught up on the series thus far (he watched the dub, seeing as he used my FunimationNow account to watch it). This was basically what I was thinking.

kqFhCk0.png

LotusHD

Banned
After bugging my little bro to watch the show for weeks, he finally caved & gave it a chance. When I checked in on him, he said that he hated it & that the writing was terrible, stating that he would just go by the 3 episode rule & drop the show from there. He went on to get completely caught up on the series thus far (he watched the dub, seeing as he used my FunimationNow account to watch it). This was basically what I was thinking.

kqFhCk0.png

Lol, it's nice when siblings exhibit good taste

This show ... this freaking show. How does it get better with every episode?

While I'm here feeling pretty underwhelmed with Luffy and Cracker and Universe 7 fluttering about, I am consistently amazed every time I watch this show.

The character development, the animation, the voice acting, the weight of the performances and subject matter.

GOAT

LotusHD

Banned
This show ... this freaking show. How does it get better with every episode?

While I'm here feeling pretty underwhelmed with Luffy and Cracker and Universe 7 fluttering about, I am consistently amazed every time I watch this show.

The character development, the animation, the voice acting, the weight of the performances and subject matter.

GOAT

Are you only watching the One Piece anime, and not the manga? If so, then yea, I'm not surprised that you'd be underwhelmed lol

Ascheroth

Yeah, I've been going through the openings again and OP3 is kinda growing on me, lol.
Still, visuals are ace, but I think the song, while not bad, is too... mellow? and can't quite keep up with the visuals. It kind of lacks intensity.
I need some metal af shonen OP.

Ennosuke

I love this anime so much and it is getting better and better. Really brings back old menoried of being hyped about Bleach, Naruto or OP.

Another fantastic episode as usual. Love seeing Deku start utilizing OFA and the camaraderie between the UA students. Stain is also a badass and I really like him as a villain.

Man this is some weak ass opening, thank god the new ending is amazing and balances it out.

Yup. The S1 opening was top tier, shame its been downhill since. I really loved the recent 2 ED themes however.

PaulBizkit

Finally got time to watch the episode.

Anime viewers got to see Todoroki become Todobroski.

BROdoroki is the best. Thank god there is no forced rivalry between the heroes. Btw new to the thread.

I'll admit it, I read the manga because im anxious af and my gf wants to watch only 1 episode per day (fuck it, i'm going turbo).
The manga is great, but the show is SO. WELL. DONE. Except for the music which is so so, the rest is just amazing.

I started watching naruto back in 2005 and it blew me away, it was the best anime ever. Of course, it got barely good in shippuden and it got BAD after Pain. And when it ended, i said "ok, maybe im too old for shonen manga now. Nothing will be the same" and then I found BnHA

Damn. This is better than Naruto. No questions asked.

Jintor

dude locked down his account i guess

it was a iida + ochako teamup move where ochako made iida weightless, he ran in a circle to create a massive torque, and then ochako released him and he buzzsawed himself into the enemy team

it was really dumb but it looked fun

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
dude locked down his account i guess

it was a iida + ochako teamup move where ochako made iida weightless, he ran in a circle to create a massive torque, and then ochako released him and he buzzsawed himself into the enemy team

it was really dumb but it looked fun

Okay, so I don't have to post that one then. It looks hilarious. There's another one with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. I'll find it real quick.

Maximo

Really happy how well they ended up animating Stain another turning point for me during the Manga that got me hooked, gets even better from here on out.

That was really excellent. Probably the best episode of the whole show. Seeing Iida, Midoriya and Todoroki team up at the end of the fight was awesome. The flashbacks of Iida and and his older brother were very effective, when they could of risked been too saccharine. And the final moment with Stain actual felt like a legitimate mental break instead of faux craziness, so that's made him much more interesting to me now.

Also, the more I hear the OP the more I like it. (And I already liked it from the get go.) It has an old school OP feeling, which I appreciate.

spiritfox

God damn that was intense.

Also Endeavor showing everyone why he's the number 2 hero. He would be kinda cool if not for all the abuse he has done to his family.

Raxus

Just as I thought this episode would cover the fight and next the aftermath.

PHEW. Glad they did stain justice. I need gifs stat.

NSESN

Best episode yet. It wasn't just the source material that was good, everything that Bones added was so good that even I was a manga reader couldn't differentiate.

Jintor

holy shit that was incredible.

big fan of the added material too. Endevour is the worst dad, but there's no denying he's a goddamn powerhouse

I got a real kick out of Endeavour being able to molten feet his way up walls, probably because I'm not used to fire being used with much versatility as a power.

Damn that was a good mini arc, I'm finding myself pumped to see each weeks latest episode, if the show keeps up the momentum from this season I'd be thrilled.

NSESN

I got a real kick out of Endeavour being able to molten feet his way up walls, probably because I'm not used to fire being used with much versatility as a power.

Damn that was a good mini arc, I'm finding myself pumped to see each weeks latest episode, if the show keeps up the momentum from this season I'd be thrilled.

It reminds me of Shoto Ice Surfing. BTW he will be so OP when he learns to use his fire side like his father.

Top Bottom