• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Raxus

We covered 3 more chapters this week.

51-53.

We also got to see one of my favorite panels animated:

maxresdefault.jpg

I tried to find a better image of the far right but alas.

NSESN

Okay, that episode was lit. I also agree with whoever said that Stain's quirk is like something out of JoJo.

Like I love to say, it is like the Villains in MHA are from a different manga/anime, you have the disturbing Shigaraki and the crazy looking stain, when almost all the heroes and student follow the same and more simplistic pattern of design.

Lyonaz

Man I love this show, recently binge watched season 1 and the first half of season 2. Now finally have something to look forward to every week.
Must resist the urge to read the manga.

Also I need to order me that Midoriya Izuku figma and nendoroid!

Raxus

Like I love to say, it is like the Villains in MHA are from a different manga/anime, you have the disturbing Shigaraki and the crazy looking stain, when almost all the heroes and student follow the same and more simplistic pattern of design.
Even Kirohoshi knows villains get the best designs and lines. I love how deku's costume evolves as well.

Stain has a relatively weak quirk but he makes up for it in spades. He is like an evil batman.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First i thought the fire attack is from Endeavor but then it showed Todoroki.

That was hype.

Meffer

Even Kirohoshi knows villains get the best designs and lines. I love how deku's costume evolves as well.

Stain has a relatively weak quirk but he makes up for it in spades. He is like an evil batman.
He was inspired by the edgy antihero stuff in the late 80s and early 90's.

ShadyK54

Booiiii, Midoriya & Todoroki's entrances! Plus the use of Gran Torino's wall moves/Full Cowling & the left side! Too hype!

What a place to end the episode, too. I can't wait for next week (dat Endeavor & Gran Torino face off).

Todoroki saves a dull episode from being boring, the start was kind of really slow, also if the nomus were weaker than the other one the anime really made them seem way more powerful, though its probably due to all the explosions and massive truck throwing. Also kind of strange Todoroki got way more development than Iida is getting in this Iidas own miniarc.

Endeavours opening was awesome as was Todoroki's doing like his dad when it was time to save Midoriya (and Todoroki even shouted Midoriya's name, so awesome). So glad we saw some of the agency and his inner dialogue recognizing and accepting Endeavours professional success and thinking. Hopefully we see more of them and they begin to improve on the family front. Can only go up from here.

Stains motives are just kind of weird here, why is he wasting time with these kids when theres all these other heroes around,

theWB27

Todoroki saves a dull episode from being boring, the start was kind of really slow, also if the nomus were weaker than the other one the anime really made them seem way more powerful, though its probably due to all the explosions and massive truck throwing. Also kind of strange Todoroki got way more development than Iida is getting in this Iidas own miniarc.

Endeavours opening was awesome as was Todoroki's doing like his dad when it was time to save Midoriya (and Todoroki even shouted Midoriya's name, so awesome). So glad we saw some of the agency and his inner dialogue recognizing and accepting Endeavours professional success and thinking. Hopefully we see more of them and they begin to improve on the family front. Can only go up from here.

Stains motives are just kind of weird here, why is he wasting time with these kids when theres all these other heroes around,

Because they're attacking him?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Good episode. Probably the first time I felt the anime did it better than the manga (just the inherent advantage in animation).

NEO0MJ

I wonder how Stain found out about his quirk.

"Whelp, my eyes aren't portals to the punch dimension. Time to start drinking the blood of other people and see what happens."

Laiza

Solid episode. It did feel a bit slow at the start, but man, the action just does not let up once it gets going! Loved the animation of Midoriya's movements - it just felt good to watch him zip from wall to wall like that. Kid's gone a long way in a very short time. (Man, he could really have used that during the sports festival, huh?)

Iida is kind of annoying me with how far from a hero's mentality he's strayed, but then, it's understandable considering his circumstances. Was quite interesting seeing Todoroki getting pushed so hard after his utterly dominating performance at the sports festival, too. Despite being a combination of two disparate quirks with strong synergy, he definitely has some glaring weaknesses in this kind of combat situation. Reminds me of Jojo, really, with the strong discrepancies in power and yet a lot of it coming down to a sort of complicated mind game.

Quite looking forward to seeing how things climax in the following episode. Hopefully they can keep up this momentum!

I imagine he just licked his own blood at some point.

Like i cut my lip today and licked some blood 🤔

Also
Deku and todoroki after sports festival
BdV8BM9_d.jpg

Tace

Holy fuck. It was way better than the manga, I was hype as fuck seeing it finally come to life. Well well worth the wait.

Despite being a dope ass fight, it's also a great showcase of how the Kohei juggles and mixes characters, world building, and plot in some really cool ways. Deku figuring out Iida's location was in character, as was Todoroki's breakdown of the situation when he arrived. I loved how organically the three of them teaming up against Stain happened. Seeing Deku in Full Cowl was just...ace. I found my next avatar. Stain is the best antagonist in the series IMO, I hesitate to call him a straight up villain. Turtle Bro has layers

Bring on next week!

Floody

What a great episode, can't wait for the next. Hate being all caught up.

I wonder how Stain found out about his quirk.

"Whelp, my eyes aren't portals to the punch dimension. Time to start drinking the blood of other people and see what happens."

Did it to himself first most likely.

Tace

Started to watch this last weekend, just caught up.

Shit is dope

Spread the word! It's the best anime people don't know about. I got some of my students into it last year and they loved it. It deserves to be up there in popularity with DBZ and Naruto. When the hell is Toonami going to start airing it?

Sir Doom

I try to watch all my anime on Sundays,

Holy shit this episode felt like a movie. At first I thought Stain's design is stupid, but his moves-sets echoes American Comics; even clothes

So season finale is almost close?

Hypron

I try to watch all my anime on Sundays,

Holy shit this episode felt like a movie. At first I thought Stain's design is stupid, but his moves-sets echoes American Comics; even clothes

So season finale is almost close?

Nah, we're still in the first half of the second cour.

Nightbird

What i also liked about this fight is that at no point did it felt like Stain was pulling punches. It did felt like all three of them went all out all the time.

Jintor

a funny thing about stain i like is that his dumb scarf wrap thing always floats menacingly

it's probably powered by whatever makes his eyes glow red or casts evil shadows appropriately

NEO0MJ

You guy might be right about how he might have found out about his quirk by accident while licking a wound or something. We've seen that some people are effected by their own quirk after all.

Really liked how clear it is Stain is listening in this scene.

Like Deku noticed, Stain is not just a petty crook who is simply in pursuit of violence for the hell of it. He's a man on a mission that he truly believes in and defends, no matter how twisted it may seem to others.

Yo man, I was thinking the same after watching the episode, my man...

👍

Top Bottom