• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Laiza

Damn, Endeavor really knows how to throw his weight around. Makes sense that he'd be physically strong and tough if he's trying to usurp All Might's position as #1. His son Shoto's got a long way to go if he wants to live up to that.

Good, strong episode. Stain's quite the interesting anti-villain, going so far in his pursuit of his ideal, even if it breaks him. I have a feeling that this is far from the last we've seen of him.

Curious where we're going from here. More internships, or more villain hijinks? Either way, I'm sure it'll be suitably entertaining. Bones is doing good work here.

Side thought: Stain must have been quite judicious in his target selection, as a hero with strong CQB skills and a powerful defensive quirk along the lines of Kirishima's could've taken him down 1v1. Without the ability to use his quirk, it pretty much becomes a battle of attrition. He's fast and strong, but he's still functionally quirkless in that kind of battle.

Makes me wonder how many pro heroes have quirks like that.

LotusHD

Banned
Damn, Endeavor really knows how to throw his weight around. Makes sense that he'd be physically strong and tough if he's trying to usurp All Might's position as #1. His son Shoto's got a long way to go if he wants to live up to that.

Good, strong episode. Stain's quite the interesting anti-villain, going so far in his pursuit of his ideal, even if it breaks him. I have a feeling that this is far from the last we've seen of him.

Curious where we're going from here. More internships, or more villain hijinks? Either way, I'm sure it'll be suitably entertaining. Bones is doing good work here.

Time for villain internships!

I'm guessing endeavor is the one who burned stains nose

I initially thought that was the whole deal behind the sudden wave of killer aura, the slow reveal of his non-nose when Endeavor had arrived.
Also the whole vendetta he has about fake heroes when the number 2 guy happens to be something of a colossal prick.

But then it seemed to trail off into a more standard last stand angle so I'm not really too sure now.

LotusHD

Banned
Why didn't Stain like/decided to attack Iida's brother again. I very well may have missed something, but assuming it was because he's a "fake" too, I swear only this episode gave us any indication of that, due to his brother seemingly only becoming a hero because of his family.

Why didn't Stain like/decided to attack Iida's brother again. I very well may have missed something, but assuming it was because he's a "fake" too, I swear only this episode gave us any indication of that, due to his brother seemingly only becoming a hero because of his family.
Because he's an irrational extremist who's incompatible with modern society and nuance/reform.
Also probably because of his massive amount of sidekicks and being from a legacy family.

caliph95

Something about him being "weak"

I think Stain just have somewhat high standards
Because he's an irrational extremist who's incompatible with modern society and nuance/reform.
Also probably because of his massive amount of sidekicks and being from a legacy family.
Pretty much

Lakuza

Don't forget that lida's brother went to stain, not the other way around. It's not like stain targeted him specifically, he was just caught walking around the alleys.

As for stain's hate for endeaver, I think it's to due with him being no.2 and his obsession with becoming no.1, Stain would hate that as the driving goal for a hero.

LotusHD

Banned
I think cause he's really popular so he thinks he's more of doing it for fame.

Something about him being "weak"

I think Stain just have somewhat high standards

Pretty much

I see. I mean, I inferred as much, was just wondering if I missed an explicit explanation. Stain's just a jerk!

I just assumed Stain got his nose burnt off by Endeavor in the past. But then again, he probably wouldn't like Endeavor anyways in terms of being a hero, due to Endeavor's personality and ambition, though he probably doesn't know about Endeavor's personal life.

Maximo

I just assumed Stain got his nose burnt off by Endeavor in the past. But then again, he probably wouldn't like Endeavor anyways in terms of being a hero, due to Endeavor's personality and ambition, though he probably doesn't know about Endeavor's personal life.

The my hero academia vigilantes spinoff manga sorta is going into his back story if your interested.

I absolutely loved Stain. From his initial reveal and pose when sitting on a roof.

His fighting style was awesome as were the action sequences the last two episodes.

When he escaped and killed that Nomu I was hyped as fuck. When the heroes (even Gran Torino and Endeavour!) shit themselves from his look at the end he became one of my favourite anime villains. Although his showing was brief, I really enjoyed the mini arc.

Excited for the potential of MHA going forward!

Meffer

He was a message.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Awesome episode.

They really made Endeavor look a lot cooler than he really is 😏

This isn't a spoiler since it isn't addressed later and the implication was there in the past couple of episodes, Stain hates Endeavor because he's King of the fake heroes. He embodies everything Stain hates. Endeavor only cares about becoming No. 1 and genuinely doesn't give a shit about helping society or going out of his way to save people for nothing. I thought it was hilarious that even the people needing saving asked "Why are you here?" lmao

The only people that Stain has viewed as True Heroes are All Might and now Deku. Stain saved Deku because of this.

Like Meffer just said, Iida's brother was the one "troop" left alive to deliver a message.

Meffer

If he was so right he so should be killing endeavor (and getting his add quickly barbecued )

Endeavor would've been a hard target to get regardless.
One thing I liked that anime did this episode that the manga didn't cover was Endeavor fighting and how powerful he is. This made the scene Stain scaring the crap out of everybody including Endeavor through sheer intimidation have even more impact though that part in the manga was drawn really well.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
In a lot of ways, Stain feels like the Zabuza of this show.

Kickz

Endevour was a badass in this ep

And Stain continues to prove he is better than whiny HandFace dude.

In a lot of ways, Stain feels like the Zabuza of this show.

He really is, got the crazy look, sword play, kind of redeemed himself at the end.

Awesome episode.

They really made Endeavor look a lot cooler than he really is 😏

This isn't a spoiler since it isn't addressed later and the implication was there in the past couple of episodes, Stain hates Endeavor because he's King of the fake heroes. He embodies everything Stain hates. Endeavor only cares about becoming No. 1 and genuinely doesn't give a shit about helping society or going out of his way to save people for nothing. I thought it was hilarious that even the people needing saving asked "Why are you here?" lmao

The only people that Stain has viewed as True Heroes are All Might and now Deku. Stain saved Deku because of this.

Like Meffer just said, Iida's brother was the one "troop" left alive to deliver a message.
They just filled in what we missed, like showing how Endeavor made the hole on the Nomou.
Endeavour was already cool anyways, this just upped it a level (or ten).
Endevour was a badass in this ep

And Stain continues to prove he is better than whiny HandFace dude.

He really is, got the crazy look, sword play, kind of redeemed himself at the end.
Shigaraki is the best and will always be the best.

Shigiraki is pretty much evil deku
I've literally only seen two anime only watchers discusses parrlels between the two or notice that symbol line in the first season, Shigaraki doesnt seem to be a blip on most of their minds from what I've seen, which is wildly different from how discussions in the manga were flowing from his first appearance.

Sir Doom

Holy shit what an episode. Back to back.

Now I understand and agree with the Manga mega-thread title. After these episodes, this anime is my top shounen anime

Jintor

I'm watching the dub for Midoriya v Todoroki and man they did a bunch of line changes that kinda annoy me and a lot of the voices aren't what I imagined at all

i expect it'd be pretty fun to watch on toonami tho if that ever happens

Imo, the reason for Stain's reaction to Endeavor was because Endeavor represents everything he hates about the current 'fake hero' society.

Endeavor is a highly ambitious man who would use anyone to achieve his goal. He's the number 2 hero through sheer proficiency and power but does not really have the 'heart' of a hero. He's practically Bakugo grown up.

caliph95

f7b9Z6a.gif

Jintor

i love that one thing that endevour does with his amazing fire powers is make himself a little flame beard and moustache

what a wanker

DJwest

This episode addressed my issue in the manga that Endeavor never really showed his strength as the number 2 hero. Nice one.

Top Bottom