• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Grazzt

What an episode! That last action from Stain, so fucking cool!
No wonder Endeavor is No.2, damn he is powerful. I like how versatile his fire power is.

NEO0MJ

That was a nice final act by Stain. He could have ran away while they were slack jawed by the kidnapping but he decided to save Deku. Also saves him the humiliation of running away and collapsing anyway.

HOLY SHIT

I wonder how
Bakugou
would react to that.

Was he even still at their school during their last year there? I forgot if he was there.

It reminds me of Shoto Ice Surfing. BTW he will be so OP when he learns to use his fire side like his father.

I mean, he is the result of Endeavor trying to give birth to a hero that would surpass All Might so yeah he's OP :p

Epcott

How many episodes is this season? I'm getting ready to watch the episode and noticed it's episode 30. Will this be ongoing from now on like other shonen One Piece, DB, Naruto, and so on? Will we bask in glorious fillers?

Edit: Then again, they'll probably stop at episode 36 (12 episodes for season 1, 24 for season 2).

I finally get the title lol.

The alley fight has been pretty great so far, though I wonder how long Stain will stick around if more heroes and a Nomu show up.

Raxus

How many episodes is this season? I'm getting ready to watch the episode and noticed it's episode 30. Will this be ongoing from now on like other shonen One Piece, DB, Naruto, and so on? Will we bask in glorious fillers?

Edit: Then again, they'll probably stop at episode 36 (12 episodes for season 1, 24 for season 2).

I think 25. We are halfway into chapter 56 with this episode out of 147 chapters. So we are going through at pretty decent pacing even accounting for breaks and the like. The seasonal approach has proven to be doing the series a huge favor.

ShadyK54

Another great episode. Endeavor showing why he's number 2.

I loved everything about Stain the past couple of episodes. So intense & scary.

Side note: every week recently, there's always something that gets me teary eyed smh.

Raxus

So was that an extension of stain's ability or just his malice that stunned the heroes?

Just his conviction and blood lust.

As Midoriya pointed out if he wasn't so single minded he could have escaped or even won the battle if he didn't get flustered despite having a weak quirk. Guy was a beast.

Loved the stuff they added for Endeavor, frying nomu brain, wall run, and fire spear, it really showed that he's number 2. Also loved the Stain bloodlust part

Another great episode.

jett

D-Member
So what was stopping Todoroki from freezing the entire fucking alley like he did in the tournament? This is the problem when you show a character being stupid OP in the past. :p

Good arc though. Not sure what happened at the end. He ended up tasting his own blood?

So what was stopping Todoroki from freezing the entire fucking alley like he did in the tournament? This is the problem when you show a character being stupid OP in the past. :p

Good arc though. Not sure what happened at the end. He ended up tasting his own blood?

Todoroki probably didn't do it because there were others near him and if Stain would have dodged it, it would have left Todoroki wide open.

As for what happened at the end he basically just passed out, he did receive a lot of damage and used up a lot of energy.

Hype episode and the filler moment with Endeavor was cool since it showed off why he is the #2 hero

I've always wondered how Bakugou would react to
finding out that one of his childhood friends got turned into a Nomu

Well he licked the nomou's blood off that lady's face and paralyzed it. Then his rib punctured his lungs and that's why he froze. Deku mentions that he finds out later that that's what happened.

ShadyK54

Minimize damage (or at least that would've been my mindset). Also, I imagine that despite the alley being frozen, Stain would've found a way to escape or exploit that.

As for the end, internal bleeding/injuries, maybe? Midoriya explains that they found out one of his (Stain) ribs ended up piercing his lung after the fight & taking down the Nomu.

EDIT: what PhantomKnight & Fin of Ooo said lol.

NSESN

Stain is faster than Todoroki's Ice and is strong enough to cut it, he also quickly damaged his fire side because it was the most problematic part of the match-up.

Riddler

I'm sure he covered most and Stain said it was foolish to blind yourself to such a fast enemy or something like that and just cut the ice.

giphy.gif

So. Good.

Neoxon

Yeah, this episode was awesome. It's nice to see Endeavor go at it, but I was kinda hoping for Stain to end his ass.

Speaking of whom, is Stain dead?

LordKano

Damn everyone just got seriously badass in this part, I like how Midoriya doesn't screw up anymore.

Need some Bakugo action now.

I was not expecting this whole night time city attack to end so quick.
I'm very curious what the rest of the episodes are about this season (I don't read the manga).

Lakuza

man, this episode was amazing. They adapted the manga perfectly and then improved upon it. Really enjoyed the extras they put in for Endeavor going in on the nomu. This is how you do filler correctly (stares at one piece anime -_- ).

Stain is an awesome villain and the way he was taken out felt fair, he's a beast 1v1 but makes perfect sense that you need a good team to take him out.

Also I loved how they animated his big speach at the end as even endeaver was intimidated XD

SalvaPot

Almost everything about the Endeavor fight was added filler and it was AWESOME, this is exactly what I was hoping for when the adaptation was announced.

Jintor

even when he's a hero his personality shines through - when he rescues the captured hero his first thought isn't "are you safe" but rather "you winged bastard get the fuck back here"

but even then the second he gets into battle he commands junior heroes and beats the shit out of villains near instantly

omg i dont know the fight was gonna be this hype . that blood lust scene was terrifying i though for a sec that he was gonna bust out a hidden trump card but he literally was just that hardcore.

some people said the reason he passed out was because when his lung got punctuated he coughed out blood and paralyzed himself is that true?

omg i dont know the fight was gonna be this hype . that blood lust scene was terrifying i though for a sec that he was gonna bust out a hidden trump card but he literally was just that hardcore.

some people said the reason he passed out was because when his lung got punctuated he coughed out blood and paralyzed himself is that true?

I don't think he used his quirk on himself, I think he just passed out from exhaustion. His sheer willpower was the only thing keeping him on his feet.

kirblar

His body went into shock.

Top Bottom