• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Maximo

i love that one thing that endevour does with his amazing fire powers is make himself a little flame beard and moustache

what a wanker

Yeah I mean it must be for intimidation and as Deku put being a Hero is about showmanship too looks badass and probably scares the fuck out of Villains, part his attire and facial hair is friggin fire fire.

caliph95

KdSHSOT.gif

caliph95

i love that one thing that endevour does with his amazing fire powers is make himself a little flame beard and moustache

what a wanker
Maybe he has a lex Luther silver age origin but with facial hair instead of hair on his head. That's why he hates All might and is just overcompensating

I can't wait for the episode where he steals cakes from his son's birthday to build character

PK Gaming

I'm watching the dub for Midoriya v Todoroki and man they did a bunch of line changes that kinda annoy me and a lot of the voices aren't what I imagined at all

i expect it'd be pretty fun to watch on toonami tho if that ever happens

Todoroki's voice is a bit too deep, but Deku's straight up got perfect casting

NSESN

Todoroki's voice is a bit too deep, but Deku's straight up got perfect casting

I think the dub's VA for Deku understand the character more than the japanese one. The japanese voice isn't bad, but when he goes from shy Deku to mad Deku is really strange.

I really liked the Endeavor expansion in the anime, but for a reason most of y'all didn't? It really showed what a hero who uses his Quirk as part of his body is like. The way he adapts it to suit every situation instead of using it as a super move, it is clearly as easy for him as breathing. This is what Deku is currently trying to learn how to do, so I thought it may be a neat parallel or foreshadowing.

Maximo

]I really liked the Endeavor expansion in the anime, but for a reason most of y'all didn't?[/B] It really showed what a hero who uses his Quirk as part of his body is like. The way he adapts it to suit every situation instead of using it as a super move, it is clearly as easy for him as breathing. This is what Deku is currently trying to learn how to do, so I thought it may be a neat parallel or foreshadowing.

Did we read the same thread? Seems like everyone liked it they just said he's still an abusive asshole

Did we read the same thread? Seems like everyone liked it they just said he's still an abusive asshole

I mean, same. I did see the overwhelming amount of "great Endeavor, anime! (But he's still a dick.)" posts. Just seemed to me like nobody mentioned this specific reason for liking it at all.

It's difficult to like a character, who raped a woman, so he could've his ideal son.

?

Ditto. I feel the same way. Just pointing out another way of looking at the anime's expansion of that character. Why they may have done it, to serve the story of Deku. Because if it is just Endeavor being "cool" because the animation team loves that character, it turns my stomach to be frank.

He doesn't have to be likeable to showcase what someone using their power as easily as breathing looks like. It was a tantalizing preview for me of what a genuinely good person (Deku) might physically be capable of in the future, that's all.

Again, I'm not defending Endeavor at all. He's an ass and he deserves to rot in an escape proof capsule on the bottom of the ocean in my opinion. I'm just giving a different opinion on why that showcase of his Quirk was interesting for me.

Maximo

?

Ditto. I feel the same way. Just pointing out another way of looking at the anime's expansion of that character. Why they may have done it, to serve the story of Deku. Because if it is just Endeavor being "cool" because the animation team loves that character, it turns my stomach to be frank.

He doesn't have to be likeable to showcase what someone using their power as easily as breathing looks like. It was a tantalizing preview for me of what a genuinely good person (Deku) might physically be capable of in the future, that's all.

Again, I'm not defending Endeavor at all. He's an ass and he deserves to rot in an escape proof capsule on the bottom of the ocean in my opinion. I'm just giving a different opinion on why that showcase of his Quirk was interesting for me.

No one has disagreed with you?

No one has disagreed with you?

Why not say so instead of quoting me and saying "but Endeavor is a dick" (paraphrasing)? That reads like disagreeing to me, and it isn't even addressing the different angle on that scene (which nobody else brought up) which is what I wanted to talk about.

Why not just say "that's an interesting way of seeing it" or "yeah" or whatever? I'm not always the best at explaining myself clearly to other people so I do tend to "tilt at windmills" if there seems to be a communication disconnection. *shrug* Internet.

Anyway. Dropped. If anyone thinks that viewpoint is cool or rewatched that scene with that in mind, PM me I guess.

Why not say so instead of quoting me and saying "but Endeavor is a dick" (paraphrasing)? That reads like disagreeing to me, and it isn't even addressing the different angle on that scene (which nobody else brought up) which is what I wanted to talk about.

Why not just say "that's an interesting way of seeing it" or "yeah" or whatever? I'm not always the best at explaining myself clearly to other people so I do tend to "tilt at windmills" if there seems to be a communication disconnection. *shrug* Internet.

Anyway. Dropped. If anyone thinks that viewpoint is cool or rewatched that scene with that in mind, PM me I guess.

I mean, a lot of people do like the scene, for the reasons you're describing. They're hedging it with "but he's a total dick tho" because Endeavor is a TOTAL DICK and they want to make it clear that while they enjoyed the display of prowess, they do not support the man himself.

Really if anything, the scene with Endeavor I would suspect is kind of to highlight just how he gets away with being a dick in a world where superheroes are normalised. Because if Endeavor being a dick was something that somehow hadn't been revealed at this point in the story, then the audience would be left with the impression that most of the world of My Hero Academia has of him from instances like this - a powerful, analytical, and incredibly capable hero who gets the job done, only letting loose when necessary. Indeed, unlike Iida, Endeavor even gets that the first priority of the job is to save people - as shown by his move to catch the other hero rather than pursue the Nomu - but that merely leaves him able to better obscure his far less savoury side.

The scene is meant to be an effective showcase sans context, because that context is something most of the characters in universe do not have.

Ezalc

I guess I'm the only one that looks at endeavor and tries to figure out how the fuck his clothes work. Like is it just the sole of his shoe that are rubber and everything else is fire, so he has some weird naruto ninja sandals on? If you douse the fire on him does that mean all the glowy bits are skin underneath? He already has facial hair, but then he lights it on fire when he's in hero mode, if somebody wet it does it mean he shaved?

So many questions!

KENN spoke again this week, whyd he have to get stuck as a minor character, he deserved to be one of the lead characters or even just in class. Ill miss him.

Both Todoroki's were amazing, Id love more of both, confirmed strongest and most versatile. How anyone could still dislike either one is baffling.

I love shoto todoroki.

Great episode, really was surprised how well they animated the various battles and giving Endeavor a chance to show off which you don't get to see in the manga really.

God I really wish this anime wasn't going to stop after the next arc. Whenever we get season 3 its going to be so freaking amazing I just hope we don't have to wait a year for it :(

Great episode, really was surprised how well they animated the various battles and giving Endeavor a chance to show off which you don't get to see in the manga really.

God I really wish this anime wasn't going to stop after the next arc. Whenever we get season 3 its going to be so freaking amazing I just hope we don't have to wait a year for it :(
We get action from him, just not like this.

KENN spoke again this week, whyd he have to get stuck as a minor character, he deserved to be one of the lead characters or even just in class. Ill miss him.

Both Todoroki's were amazing, Id love more of both, confirmed strongest and most versatile. How anyone could still dislike either one is baffling.

I love shoto todoroki.

I mean, one of them is a wife beater. But i guess his heroics make up for that, huh? He's a cool hero, but a shit person under the mask.

Yo I had to stand up and pace when Deku and Lida did their combo ... then Lida and Shoto's combo ... then Endeavor living up to No.2 status ... the continued strangeness of the Nomu biological makeup ... Hero Killer's final stand (I finally understand the thread title) ...

There was too much. This show is simply incredible

One that I can (so far) safely and enthusiastically recommend to anyone who asks about anime.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The only thing I would have liked would be for the thread title to be mostly lower case, the pun would have been a little better hid.

Yo I had to stand up and pace when Deku and Lida did their combo ... then Lida and Shoto's combo ... then Endeavor living up to No.2 status ... the continued strangeness of the Nomu biological makeup ... Hero Killer's final stand (I finally understand the thread title) ...

There was too much. This show is simply incredible

One that I can (so far) safely and enthusiastically recommend to anyone who asks about anime.

One thing it has going for it in terms of recommendability is that there's a TON of western comics influence in its DNA. Makes it an easy pick for people who grew up watching stuff like BTAS, though I don't know if directly comparing the two is the best play.

he isn't the best, but he seems pretty good

he's objectively amazing when you compare him to other shounen dads

I mean... he hasn't actually tried to kill his wife and kids (yet, that we know of), but he's distant at best and abusive at worst. He's pretty terrible.

I mean... he hasn't actually tried to kill his wife and kids (yet, that we know of), but he's distant at best and abusive at worst. He's pretty terrible.

You know who did try to kill their kid? His wife. And he had her committed to protect his kids.

He's probably a shitty husband. But I don't see anything that would make me say he's a shitty dad. I don't see him as distant. He wants to be actively involved in his favorite kid's life. His flaws to me are being overbearing with his parenting and obsessive about his work.

SalvaPot

You know who did try to kill their kid? His wife. And he had her committed to protect his kids.

He's probably a shitty husband. But I don't see anything that would make me say he's a shitty dad. I don't see him as distant. He wants to be actively involved in his favorite kid's life. His flaws to me are being overbearing with his parenting and obsessive about his work.

2fc.png

I don't know, I feel we don't get the full picture about how he treated her wife, honestly the show makes it really ambiguous.

Top Bottom