• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Laiza

Super Regeneration couldn't have been Deku's quirk. The doctor mentions needing to have had it 5 years earlier- this is referring to the aftermath of All Might and All for One's battle that left both of them super-f'd up. If Deku had a quirk stolen, it would have been over a decade ago.
...The timeline on it actually matches up, though. How old was he during that initial examination, and how old is he now?

Lakuza

What an insane doctor (with the whole grandchild = nomu revelation) x_x
my mind is blown.

I guess it also makes sense that he'd be a doctor to check new quirks in kids, almost like he's scouting for interesting quirks thay All for One can take o_O

Ascheroth

...The timeline on it actually matches up, though. How old was he during that initial examination, and how old is he now?
Quirks manifest in children by the age of 4 typically. So Midoriya would have been 4-5 years old when his mum took him to the doctor.
He's currently 15 years old, I think.

Laiza

Yeah, that's what I thought. Deku could easily have been the source of the super regeneration quirk AfO stole.

That's pretty wild!

Jintor

Quirks tend to follow the genetic line though (apart from inexplicable mutation)

Deku's parents traits are known. Regen would be extremely uncharacteristic a trait to have

Thematically it also undermines deku's story about choosing heroism if his "good quirk" future was stolen from him before the series actually began

Ascheroth

Yeah, Dekus real quirk would have more likely been something like firebending.
tumblr_o5r4t8FLg41sjr8edo2_1280.png

But who knows what doc did with little Dekuboy

kirblar

He was 4. He's 14-15 at the start. All might v AFO happened when he was 9 or 10.

They didn't get the regen quirk till AFO had already healed up from that fight.

rackham

Banned
Huge spoilers ahead

Minetta will actually be One for All's downfall

In his folly, he will take Minetta's powers which aren't only hair based but perversion based and then he will only be focused on high school girls, thus ending his reign of terror.

Damn. sorry m8s didn't mean to blurt it out like that.

SalvaPot

I hope this doesn't end with Midoriya discovering he has a hidden quirk that nullify the negative effects of One For All.

The fact that quirks are strictly hereditary and DNA based make this unlikely, his dad breaths fire, her mom attracts objects. Unless Deku has a grandparent with another type of quirk I don't see it happening.

Also OfA doesn't really have bad side effects if your body is properly trained, the problem is that Deku keeps abusing it when his body is still not ready.

caliph95

Like froppy family is a family of frogs

And Bakugo, I'm spoiler tagging but this was revealed in a databook not an actual chapter so nothing important :
his mom sweats chemical that keeps her skin smooth and his dad sweats an explosive acid combine that with the ability to ignite and you have Bakugo' s quirk

There's also Shoto getting both his dad moms quirk

Laiza

The fact that quirks continuously recombine with every generation makes me wonder just how ridiculously OP later generations will be.

I mean, hell, imagine what a child with a combination of Yaoyoruzu's and Kaminari's quirks could do - object-creation with a side of electricity generation? They could not only make everything Yaoyoruzu can make, but could also make pretty much any electronic device (provided they are capable of memorizing the physical composition in their head - a tall order, of course) and power it themselves.

Or combine Tokoyami's and Hagakure's quirks - a dark shadow that can manipulate light itself and gets stronger in shadow? I mean, like, yeah... that's a lot of synergistic potential right there. They can basically turn it into a stand at that point.

I can only wonder how society would continue to function two or three generations down the line, when the number of quirkless has dwindled to some 2.5% of the population and the 6th and 7th generation quirk-holders are just obscenely powerful. Really gets the mind going.

NEO0MJ

I'm actually curious about what quirk Shoto's sister with the white hair peppered with red got. Was any information on her released?

LotusHD

Banned
The fact that quirks continuously recombine with every generation makes me wonder just how ridiculously OP later generations will be.

I mean, hell, imagine what a child with a combination of Yaoyoruzu's and Kaminari's quirks could do - object-creation with a side of electricity generation? They could not only make everything Yaoyoruzu can make, but could also make pretty much any electronic device (provided they are capable of memorizing the physical composition in their head - a tall order, of course) and power it themselves.

Or combine Tokoyami's and Hagakure's quirks - a dark shadow that can manipulate light itself and gets stronger in shadow? I mean, like, yeah... that's a lot of synergistic potential right there. They can basically turn it into a stand at that point.

I can only wonder how society would continue to function two or three generations down the line, when the number of quirkless has dwindled to some 2.5% of the population and the 6th and 7th generation quirk-holders are just obscenely powerful. Really gets the mind going.

So what you're saying is...

People are gonna use eugnenics as yet another reason to ship certain characters?

Laiza

So what you're saying is...

People are gonna use eugnenics as yet another reason to ship certain characters?
Well, that's inevitable, really. Though I think that that still takes a backseat to the more normal shipping (I mean, people didn't ship Naruto with Hinata because their kids would have the Byakugan).

Frimaire

Wait, can she not already do this?
I mean, she made a fucking cannon in the sports festival...

NEO0MJ

Well, that's inevitable, really. Though I think that that still takes a backseat to the more normal shipping (I mean, people didn't ship Naruto with Hinata because their kids would have the Byakugan).

Should have shipped with Sasuke for ultimate power :v

LotusHD

Banned

Well if it's inevitable, then yea, there probably were people that used that as another reason to ship those two lol

Not to mention none were as dedicated as Hiashi.

I'm surprised more people haven't noticed what's been driving the manga people nuts for years now.

All for One's doctor is the same one who diagnosed Izuku as Quirkless.
This is conjecture, the manga has not even remotely hinted at this being the case. What we DO have is this:

1. The winged nomu has the quirk of one of the kids that bullied Deku in the first few chapters, the doctor that Midoriya visited is his grandfather(this isn't spoilers, we already passed the manga chapters where we find out these things and the anime likely will never explain them).
2. In the anime the 2 doctors have the same voice actor.

While I do think they're going to end up being the same person, it's not 100%.

And IF Deku did originally have a quirk, you'd have to ask, when did AfO steal this quirk from him? I'd have to assume that the doctor can't steal quirks. We don't know AfO's whereabouts at that point so he could've done it.

SalvaPot

This is conjecture, the manga has not even remotely hinted at this being the case. What we DO have is this:

1. The winged nomu has the quirk of one of the kids that bullied Deku in the first few chapters, the doctor that Midoriya visited is his grandfather(this isn't spoilers, we already passed the manga chapters where we find out these things and the anime likely will never explain them).

They also have the same bushy mustache.

They also have the same bushy mustache.
Sure, but it wouldn't be shocking if they just ended up looking the same. Again, I think they're the same person too, but it might be too early to already discuss the quirk Deku may or may not have had.

(On super regeneration though, the other students did mention that his injuries recovered pretty quickly in this ep).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Toe joints indicate if you have a quirk or not.

Bushy mustaches indicate if you'll become a doctor or not.

Mendrox

I'm surprised more people haven't noticed what's been driving the manga people nuts for years now.

All for One's doctor is the same one who diagnosed Izuku as Quirkless.

What.

I even checked the manga and you are right. Wow. This will be a twist.

Edit: Dekus mum even looked sad before he was told that he has no quirk and her "Sorry Izuku" makes a bit more sad in that regard...uhm.

Even the same voice actor in the anime.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

And IF Deku did originally have a quirk, you'd have to ask, when did AfO steal this quirk from him? I'd have to assume that the doctor can't steal quirks. We don't know AfO's whereabouts at that point so he could've done it.

What

I'm actually curious about what quirk Shoto's sister with the white hair peppered with red got. Was any information on her released?
That she's a failure.

But really, I don't remember anything being released in any of his siblings. I though people were saying Deku's quirk would have been fire related a long time ago?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the aim was to get a fire and ice manipulator so failures probably had related but not as good power sets like hot and cold touch or extreme temperature resistance.

NEO0MJ

I though people were saying Deku's quirk would have been fire related a long time ago?

Since his dad could breath fire people think that it would have been some form of fire manipulation when combined with his mothers quirk to attract object.

Well the aim was to get a fire and ice manipulator so failures probably had related but not as good power sets like hot and cold touch or extreme temperature resistance.

Based on hair one seemed to have dad's ability, one mom's, one a mix that was dominated by mom's quirk(though it seems even manga readers don't know how it manifests), and finally the perfect fusion Shoto.

Damn, Ochako and Izuku together assuming the kid gets his grandmother's quirk of pulling with Ochako's zero gravity and you have mini Magneto LOL.

Thats one of the most awesome thing about this series. The author is realistic about everyone's power.

He has nerfs and demerits for every quirk. All Might is basically Superman but with a time limit. Shoto can't use his power too much on one side. Uravity gets sick from overusage. Eraserhead has dry eyes out of all medical conditions LOL.

ETC, ETC for everyone that has a quirk. The only misgiving I have is that Deku is stuck at 5%ish right now but each jump in percentage looks to be huge. So what happens when he gets beyond the 25% and stuff.

Raxus

Thats one of the most awesome thing about this series. The author is realistic about everyone's power.

He has nerfs and demerits for every quirk. All Might is basically Superman but with a time limit. Shoto can't use his power too much on one side. Uravity gets sick from overusage. Eraserhead has dry eyes out of all medical conditions LOL.

ETC, ETC for everyone that has a quirk. The only misgiving I have is that Deku is stuck at 5%ish right now but each jump in percentage looks to be huge. So what happens when he gets beyond the 25% and stuff.
It should be noted that Deku still has a permanently crippled hand.

caliph95

I mean All might changed the weather by punching really hard and Deku is stronger

Lakuza

We've been shown how powerful a Nomu can be, he'll need more than 25% to take on the one that all might defeated in my opinion so there shouldn't be a shortage of threats since the current power ceiling is pretty high.
In terms of drawbacks, i guess the time it takes to reach that point. By the time he hits those % levels he will have earned it.

Shouta

All Might had no time limit in his prime as far as we know. He has a time limit now because of his injuries as he's pointed out a few times in the show already.

The actual drawback with One for All is that it's so tremendous, using it without the body and skill to back it up only hurts the user, as Deku has shown. We know that this is an issue as well because we have what happened to All Might.

caliph95

All Might had no time limit in his prime as far as we know. He has a time limit now because of his injuries as he's pointed out a few times in the show already.

The actual drawback with One for All is that it's so tremendous, using it without the body and skill to back it up only hurts the user, as Deku has shown. We know that this is an issue as well because we have what happened to All Might.
All might we have been told had little problem with adapting at least compared to Deku because he was already buff. He still had harsh training from gran Tarino otherwise I doubt he would have been able to beat AFO

MKIL65

I'm curious as to how old All Might was, when he inherited One For All.

Was he as young as Midoriya, or was he in his 20s?

Top Bottom