• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

NEO0MJ

One of the problems with Mineta is that even though he's given more screen time than the majority of his classmates he doesn't do much with it other than act like a perv. For example while Master Roshi's perv shtick in DB was annoying he also had many other interesting aspects to his characters that made up for it.

Ehh, 8 people over a 100 year period doesn't seem that strange. We know All Might's around 45 years old and has been active for at least 25 years. Since AfO's little brother was noble but weak he probably had OfA for a short period of time before he transferred it. That leaves us with 6 OfA users over about 70 years. Since it's a quirk that stockpiles power it makes since that the first couple of users were pretty weak and thus transferred it quickly once they knew they couldn't beat AfO.

I guess that makes sense. Since it needed time to grow yeah the first recipients of the power probably didn't hold on to it much.

I'm surprised more people haven't noticed what's been driving the manga people nuts for years now.

All for One's doctor is the same one who diagnosed Izuku as Quirkless.

A-V-B

So far Deku vs Shoto is still my favorite episode. Maximum emotion and animation. Probably one of my favorite episodes of any beat-em-up anime I've ever seen.

NSESN

In the databook it is said that the doctor is the grandfather of that winged kid. And I think that they share the same voice actor.

dickroach

Not during the story, it's in the post-credit scene.

hm...
nni5jIE.jpg

so yea, that makes the story 100x more interesting. neat.

edit: actually... maybe not. I mean, without All Might, Izuku's nothing. he shouldn't be a threatening person to the bad guys, especially at 5 years old.
maybe there's just one doctor in the town? (plus the one at the school?)

Cruziao

Neo Member
I'm surprised more people haven't noticed what's been driving the manga people nuts for years now.

In the databook it is said that the doctor is the grandfather of that winged kid. And I think that they share the same voice actor.
Yo what, my mind is seriously blown right now.
Dunno what's the significance of this... but man...

barybll

Banned
edit: actually... maybe not. I mean, without All Might, Izuku's nothing. he shouldn't be a threatening person to the bad guys, especially at 5 years old.
maybe there's just one doctor in the town? (plus the one at the school?)

There is a very large implication that Izuku had the super regeneration quirk
And since hori don't throw curveballs, its very likely the doctor

barybll

Banned

Just hints

Most people tend to agree that izuku had some quirk before his visit to the doctor
Since super regeneration is something that would only be noticeable with significant wounds, its a discreet quirk
The phrase the doctor used put emphasis in when they got the quirk and how it would be unnoticeable due to point two, considering how hori has written BnHA so far, its likely that the doctor is talking about deku's

But of course, its all only theories

Just hints

Most people tend to agree that izuku had some quirk before his visit to the doctor
Since super regeneration is something that would only be noticeable with significant wounds, its a discreet quirk
The phrase the doctor used put emphasis in when they got the quirk and how it would be unnoticeable due to point two, considering how hori has written BnHA so far, its likely that the doctor is talking about deku's

It's not a theory I'd ever heard, and it's sort of belied by the way he keeps racking up seemingly permanent damage e.g. scars.

dickroach

huh. interesting theory.
but I think it's actually heavily implied that if he was born with any quirk it was
ROCKIN THE FUCK OUT
tenor.gif

Philippo

Just hints

That's actually pretty interesting.
But wasn't there a physical sign or something to identify Quirk-holders? If Deku had it, his mom would have notcied.

I cant wait to see ten year later mineta, if only the fandom would do him.

10rs later Mineta spoiler:

SalvaPot

Man! Never caught that up, veeery interesting stuff and I doubt it was an accident.

Just hints

Its a great theory but I feel like there are a few holes on it, super regeneration may sound discreet, but did Deku really never got hurt? You'll think just been around kacchan in one moment or another he might have scraped his leg or jumped feeling like All Might and fell. Or just classic accidental kid stuff like a paper cut.

kirblar

Super Regeneration couldn't have been Deku's quirk. The doctor mentions needing to have had it 5 years earlier- this is referring to the aftermath of All Might and All for One's battle that left both of them super-f'd up. If Deku had a quirk stolen, it would have been over a decade ago.

I actually think the 3rd ending (current one) might be subtly hinting at what it was. We know that Deku's mom has telekinesis and his dad breathes fire. Combine those two things and you get Endeavor's power set of fire manipulation. (aka if Deku doesn't get the Quirk stolen he could have grown up to be #2) And in the 3rd ending, what do we have Deku doing? Summoning a flame avatar of All Might!

YOOO, this is not even a connection I would ever have thought to draw

And this theory about Deku possibly having his original quirk stolen ... wow.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The two things that work against the Deku = Super Regeneration Quirk

You'd have to believe the doctor lied to them, which is more than possible, but that Deku wouldn't notice he really was missing the joint in his small toe. Or the small chance that he had a quirk and really did have the extra joint too.

The other thing would be that the super regeneration took like 9 years to get AfO to this state.

Fuck I just realized the doctor could have been lying about how serious the correlation between having a missing joint and being quirkless. As a doctor with expertise of his his title could have lied to Deku Mom with an easy lie with an explanation. You'd think hero obsessed Deku would have looked this up sometime later though.

For reference, the manga shows more of his face that makes the connection a bit more obvious:

deIY8uT.jpg
tb13Jc8.png

I've heard people say that even though their voices sound different in those scenes, they do actually have the same voice actor as well.

That, and a databook confirms that the doctor who diagnosed Izuku is the grandfather of the winged kid that hung out with Bakugo when they were little... and then in a special chapter, Horikoshi basically all but confirmed that the winged kid was turned into the winged Nomu that Stain killed, and that's why it instinctively grabbed Izuku from the crowd.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is navel laser kid hated by the class. He's sitting all alone at the front while everyone else is talking at the back.

Or is he just completely self absorbed in himself?

caliph95

Is navel laser kid hated by the class. He's sitting all alone at the front while everyone else is talking at the back.

Or is he just completely self absorbed in himself?
Nah I think no cares or find him annoying, no one hates anyone besides girls and mineta and Bakugo and everyone

He probably doesn't care for Alien Queen because she keeps taking his spotlight

YOOO, this is not even a connection I would ever have thought to draw

And this theory about Deku possibly having his original quirk stolen ... wow.

Yeah seriously. That's an amazing twist. I wonder what his original quirk was.

That, and a databook confirms that the doctor who diagnosed Izuku is the grandfather of the winged kid that hung out with Bakugo when they were little... and then in a special chapter, Horikoshi basically all but confirmed that the winged kid was turned into the winged Nomu that Stain killed, and that's why it instinctively grabbed Izuku from the crowd.

Holy shit. What a goddamn madman, to do that to your own grandchild. Fuuuuuuuuuck

Top Bottom