• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Shouta

All might we have been told had little problem with adapting at least compared to Deku because he was already buff. He still had harsh training from gran Tarino otherwise I doubt he would have been able to beat AFO

Right. All Might naturally clicked with the ability but whether or not he was able to use its full power without damaging himself right away is unknown. It's still a downside to One for All

We've been shown how powerful a Nomu can be, he'll need more than 25% to take on the one that all might defeated in my opinion so there shouldn't be a shortage of threats since the current power ceiling is pretty high.
In terms of drawbacks, i guess the time it takes to reach that point. By the time he hits those % levels he will have earned it.

That Nomu was specialized to take out All Might though. Its not so much villains and Deku's powers rather than his fellow heroes who are gonna be left behind hardcore lol.

You can take Grape head so far before you have to add in secondary abilities.

MKIL65

In the flashback it look likes he was wearing a UA uniform and he was quirkless

I can imagine that. He must have spent many years trying to perfect the technique, and hurt himself a lot in the process. Which is why he isn't scolding Midoriya for breaking his hands and legs.

It's part of the of the learning curve, and as Shouta said, the downside of One For All.

I'd like to believe that he got it after he got into UA and he passed the (granted, different back then) entrance exam by being just THAT FUCKIN' SWOLE.

SalvaPot

I'd like to believe that he got it after he got into UA and he passed the (granted, different back then) entrance exam by being just THAT FUCKIN' SWOLE.
Yep, quirks were not as common as the present day, not as much comptetition.

I imagine young Toshinori as the classic happy-go-lucky dumb protagonist

O_Atoll

Has it been explained why All Might looks so weird in his normal form? Dude has all black eyes and his face is shaped like a Sonic the hedgehog character.

Seesaw15

Has it been explained why All Might looks so weird in his normal form? Dude has all black eyes and his face is shaped like a Sonic the hedgehog character.

He got in a fight with All for One and his stomach got ripped out. Dude's just been wasting away for 5 years.

Can someone explain how deku's percentage relates to all might now?

Are we talking about peak All Might or current All Might? Either way Deku's 5% on a good day vs All Might is 100%

I'm curious as to how old All Might was, when he inherited One For All.

Was he as young as Midoriya, or was he in his 20s?

All Might's roughly 45 years old and has been an active hero for about 25 years. It's unlikely he inherited OfA at 20 and mastered it day one so I'd say he was around Midoriya's age if not a little older.

Laiza

Can someone explain how deku's percentage relates to all might now?
Deku's 100% vs All-Might's current self = All-Might at 2000% (AM pretty much stated that he was like twenty times stronger at his peak when he beat up that Nomu).

Deku's 100% vs All-Might's peak = All-Might at 120% (as OfA stocks power, Midorya's efforts add on top of the pre-existing power like adding another floor on top of a tower).

That's my understanding of it, anyway. Deku has his work cut out for him if he wants to build his body up to the point where he can withstand OfA's new 100%.

theWB27

Deku's 100% vs All-Might's current self = All-Might at 2000% (AM pretty much stated that he was like twenty times stronger at his peak when he beat up that Nomu).

Deku's 100% vs All-Might's peak = All-Might at 120% (as OfA stocks power, Midorya's efforts add on top of the pre-existing power like adding another floor on top of a tower).

That's my understanding of it, anyway. Deku has his work cut out for him if he wants to build his body up to the point where he can withstand OfA's new 100%.

If my math is right deku will be god level once he reaches 100% of his potential?

He reminds me of the Maxx.

MV5BYjg3ZDQ1NjUtYzRjNS00MjE2LTkyNTYtYWVmZDhiMjY5MjU5L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Just catched up with like 6 episodes. Absolutely loved how they handled all the stain stuff and the internships.

Does anyone know if the anime was succesful this season? Like in ratings and stuff?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well there's a new dub episode but it's the froppy episode

I caught this since I'm only watching the dub.
When they mentioned an anime original internship episode, I thought it would show everyone.
Instead we get bits of some of the class and a large Tsuyu story.
Just seems weird.

Props for showing Gunhead teach Uraraka those martial arts though.

Luckily I read there wouldn't be an episode this week ahead of time so it wasn't a surprise, but I still went through my Saturday ritual of logging into Vrv excitedly and opening the My Hero Academia page before remembering.

Goddammit, I really miss the good ol' days of a month and a half ago when I got to binge through the entire series in two days.

Neoxon

I caught this since I'm only watching the dub.
When they mentioned an anime original internship episode, I thought it would show everyone.
Instead we get bits of some of the class and a large Tsuyu story.
Just seems weird.

Props for showing Gunhead teach Uraraka those martial arts though.
At least the dub will only be one week behind, now.

One question about all might. Is his super buff form his natural but his injuries make it hard to maintain or was he always a scrawny guy with the ability to turn buff when needed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New key art

DIJcuvcVoAIAipX.jpg:large

Todoroki looks a bit weird, it's like he doesn't want to scream but somebody told him to scream for the picture lol

Neoxon

Honestly, I may go back to following the dub if Funimation doesn't take a week break to match the Japanese broadcast's break.

Grazzt

Lol the first part of this episode was so funny.
Looking forward to the battles against teachers. Headmaster is so kawaii.

Lakuza

Hmm, they changed the battles from being simultaneous to being one after another.

Yeah I was really looking forward to the ending of this episode from the manga, but at the same time I prefer it the way the anime is handling it, by dedicating an episode to 1-2 exams, allows the anime to develop and flesh out the fights that the manga did not focus on much.

spiritfox

Yeah I think this format is better for anime, but If they're ending with All Might I wonder if they'll do the next few chapters then. Maybe they'll open with that next season.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Newest dub episode
I kind of missed this in the manga, but MHA is basically X-Men if they get past all the prejudice. Makes sense that quirkless humans would be angry and afraid.

Top Bottom